Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
The Windows reinstall fix maybe related to Asus tools and the issue related to the hex fix for the Ryzen CPUs leads me to believe that old software libraries the game developers are using pull wrong data related to GPUs and CPUs.
The fps cap was only noticeable in Cyberpunk, thus the reason why I'm writing here. Valhalla was doing fine, so was Legion.

Fine... 77fps in 2K maxed out on 1440p in Legion. Maybe my expectations are too high...

Both Valhalla and Legion were perfectly smooth on my previous 2070s. Funny thing - it also played Cyberpunk a bit better in terms of consistency. Of course without RTX.

Both Valhalla and Legion were perfectly smooth on my previous 2070s. Funny thing - it also played Cyberpunk a bit better in terms of consistency. Of course without RTX.

Yeah... I kinda wanted to include raytracing in the mix, as long as they're pushing it. But the requirements are kinda ridiculous.

Hell, if I'll feel I need to upgrade this PC in the next 5 years, I'll find where the developers live and write "Learn to code" on their bedroom ceiling. While they sleep.

2070s is awesome. But RTX is more awesome so I got the 3080. Too bad the first game I test it on, and quite frankly the one I bought it for... sucks major a** in terms of perf.

2070s is awesome. But RTX is more awesome so I got the 3080. Too bad the first game I test it on, and quite frankly the one I bought it for... sucks major a** in terms of perf.

But... is it worth it, really? The reflections are great, I give them that, but it really just looks like a way to sell new cards.
I really respect the tech and what's behind what Nvidia is doing, in terms of AI and big computations and everything that goes into DLSS, to ease out swallowing the raytracing pill, but I feel on the software development side there's just not that much effort to build something at least half optimised.

I planned to get an AMD 6800xt, but... they really messed them up good with the raytracing and lack of DLSS. Didn't see that one coming..

It's not worth it. I just like walking slowly in a ray traced env. and take pics. I'm an architectural photographer. So that's kinda my thing xD

It's not worth it. I just like walking slowly in a ray traced env. and take pics. I'm an architectural photographer. So that's kinda my thing xD

=)) Respect
Post automatically merged:

Hey, got an update.
Got unlazy (or too lazy, as that meant I did this instead of working) and reinstalled AI Suite. Sure enough, Cyberpunk's FPS got screwy.
Then just reinstalled Windows over AI Suite, without uninstalling.
The FPS came back and AI Suite still works. I started it, then started Cyberpunk, it was still ok.
So... just reinstall Windows - you won't lose anything if you check the right boxes.

Anyway, joke of the day award goes to the Cyberpunk team, which posted a while ago on the game screen in GOG Galaxy, an article: "Launch issues on Windows". Goes to a 404 page... All fine, I guess :p

Last edited:
Have same problem, 5600x+3070, asus b550, ai suie and aura installed. Uninstall suite dont help. Refresh windows from media creation tool without delete programms/files, fixed it. now i see normal scale of settings.

Just to confirm that this works and it's fine to reinstall armoury crate as it doesn't cause this issue, seems to be isolated to AI suite only.

Thank you @jeffb0918 !! The in-place upgrade of Windows finally fixed the issue for me. I was getting 20-30 fps (5900X / 3080) no matter the graphics/resolution settings with only low GPU usage (~40%). I had indeed installed ASUS software like AI Suite before.

I'm happy the community was able to find a solution to this problem. Thanks to everyone contributing to solving this issue. The game is a lot more enjoyable now with better framerates.

Very nice that the in-place upgrade seems to work for a lot of people! Good luck and enjoy the game people...while we wait for CDPR/ASUS to get their shit together lol

I was having this problem today, and I did a combination of these tutorials.

SPECS:
3900x
2070 Super.
Start: 1440p 13% GPU Usage at medium-high settings with DLSS on Auto. 60 FPS-ish. I could push the graphics as far as I wanted, it wouldn't budge. Max I ever saw was 50% GPU usage with frames tanking as I crank.
End: 1440p Ended up RTX Ultra preset with textures on medium DLSS Ultra Performance 52-70 FPS. 50% GPU usage

Warning: I have heard this DOES NOT work for 30 series card. Only 20 series.

This is the one that really helped me the most is reinstalling my graphics drivers. It took a little bit as you will have to uninstall them completely and then re-install them. I changed my CPUPool and GPUPool settings first. I also am running Cyberpunk 2077 as administrator. and I am using a mod patch that allows my 3900x to flex. You should not have to do all of these steps. This is just all of what I did. Somwhere after re-installing my graphics drivers and runing it in Admin mode, the GPU just worked.

Uninstall GeForce Experience
Change max RAM for your CPU and GPU
Video Tutorial for above tutorial

I also tried to optimize a few things in the setttngs, using this guide. It's help a but, I guess.
Cyberpunk 2077 PC Best Settings: Improve Performance By Up To 35% - With Minimal Impact To Visuals!

I am a little upset that my GPU is still maxing at 50%, though, if anyone knows how to fix that, that doesn't involve Freesync, Gsync or frame limiters. I have already disabled all of those.

Hope this help!

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's input into this topic. I've been having this problem since day one and when I read that AI Suite was causing the problem, I was happy because nothing else I had tried worked. Unfortunately for me, uninstalling AI Suite, cleaning AI Suite, using CCleaner, doing the in-place upgrade... did not solve the problem either. While I now get about 100fps on LOW 720p when I am staring at a blank wall (it used to only get up to 84fps), the problem still very much exists and I guess I'll be waiting on a fix.

(for reference, 6700k, Vega 56, 16GB RAM, Asus Z170M-Plus).

My issue is also stiill there - like if there are parts of NC that aren't optimized enough. While i can gest 100+ fps and around 80-70 even while driving fast through most of the city, in some streets I still dip to 50ish. All of the common fixes were tested and do nothing. RTX on/off nothing. Lower settings nothing. Always the same. No ryzen, no asus ai, 3080 on i7 9th gen. Frustrating as hell.

Problem and solution confirmed.

SPECS:
- Ryzen 9 5900X
- ASUS RoG Strix X570-E Gaming
- 3080 FE

Got exactly 66 fps in V's apartment in a CPU benchmark (graphics set to 720p low), which increased to 70 fps after applying the CPUPool / GPUPool fix. The SMT fix had - as expected with 12 physical cores - no measurable effect whatsoever besides distributing the load more evenly over all logical cores. And yes, I have AI Suite installed and used the DIP5 optimization before.

After doing the recommended "in-place upgrade" of Windows 10 (which basically is a reinstall of the system files, but leaves user files and the registry untouched, so you don't have to set up anything after doing it), the fps in my test scenario increased to 154 with the SMT patch and even 184 without. I've decided to keep the SMT patch though, as it now actually does remove most remaining stuttering when navigating the city quickly.

I still can't get stable 60 fps in 4k Ultra with Raytracing and DLSS Performance Mode in some especially demanding scenes like the Afterlife, but now it's clearly GPU limited; RTSS finally reports a GPU load of 99%, just as it should. \o/ Since I don't want to sacrifice the next gen look, I've set my output to 50 Hz and now I finally (!) have an almost perfectly fluid experience (and as a European watching PAL television, I'm used to 50 Hz anyway ;)).

Since my PC is connected to an OLED TV, I've tried to use the TV's motion interpolation feature (which worked great on 30 fps PS4 titles) to further smooth out the presentation, but in Cyberpunk the additional latency feels very bad, probably because it's a 1st person game and needs more direct feedback.

It worked for me as well. Now I can get stable 60fps on 1080p Ultra (I'm also using the Performance Overhaul Cyberpunk fix).

Rig: 3600x + 5600XT

Okay guys, I can confirm that reinstalling Windows without any Asus software was successfull. The game now scales when I lower the details and the resolution. I'm also getting 3 digit framerates in the menus which wasn't the case before.
Thanks to everyone who tested this and came up with the solution.

Anyone that lands on this thread and finds themselves in this place in the future, I would recommend to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) before going to a complete Windows re-install. Using that utility, in safe mode, will gut the GPU drivers completely. I've seen this fix many weird problems over the years.

Anyone that lands on this thread and finds themselves in this place in the future, I would recommend to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) before going to a complete Windows re-install. Using that utility, in safe mode, will gut the GPU drivers completely. I've seen this fix many weird problems over the years.

Or try an in-place upgrade instead of a fresh install. In-place upgrade costs you a little bit of time, but no data loss and no settings loss, basically safe. It is worth trying after all. It is not going to break anything anymore than it already has, and it just might fix what problem you may have :)

Still capped at 60 fps for me. Tried the upgrade in place to no avail. Did a fresh install of Windows and only installed the game and newest drivers. No Asus hardware and never had any of their software. Fps never goes above 60 no matter how low the settings go. No Vsync or freesync.

Ryzen 3600
16gb 3200 ram
Vega 56

Top Bottom