Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
Thanks so so much for going into to detail with this. Im a 3D artist firstly, so still learning all the technical jargon. The machine has 4 x 2080ti's in it hence the threadripper, but I also love gaming. Knowing the threadripper is holding me back is tough as with 4 GPU's its the only option, but work comes first amirite hah.

Its so odd though, all other recent AAA's (Valhalla, Red Dead, Horizon, COD etc) all get me a flat 70+ fps at native, on highs/ultras. So its super weird coming to Cyberpunk where even on the lowest possible config I am still dipping into the 30's in the city (and inside up to the 100's)....the games all over the place it seems. Maybe with some time the devs with optimize it out further.

Either way, thanks so much again! Really interesting.

Yeah, I do wonder as well why this game is so hard on CPU exactly. I'm pretty sure the game will see some good optimization on this side somewhere down the line. If anything, they now have to make the game work on those base consoles, which do seem to perform as badly as they do due to being CPU bound, so if nothing else, that's where we'll get that CPU optimization from.

On the other hand, the game gives me that feel that its high CPU usage is somewhat merited. The environment, the detail in it and the sheer verticality of it... let's just say, sometimes it's jaw-dropping and I'd be hardpressed to think of any other game that stacks up well against Cyberpunk in this regard. But then I remember the brain dead AI and I'm kind of scared to see what will happen to our CPUs once they have fixed that:sad:

*Lots of text and steps*
TLDR; If you are lazy and you only want to try out a possible fix quickly, I suggest removing AI Suite III with Revo Uninstaller advanced scan, run AICleaner.exe, and perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade. In my opinion, these are the steps that are actually meaningful.
Did the TLDR steps, and it fixed my issues.
I had 60-65 fps no matter what settings i did on my: 5950x, 3090, 3600mhz 32gb ram computer with a 1440p monitor.
Thanks for the help with this!
The question is if its possible to still have AIsuite 3 installed somehow, cos its good fan curves and other stuff.

I just tried updating my Motherboard BIOS
MSI 450m Mortar max
Ryzen 5 3600
Sapphire pulse 5600xt

I was getting around 40fps not matter what settings now i get 55fps : \

UPDATE:

So, I come bearing a pretty good update people. Hopefully, this can help a lot of you out here. It certainly helped me.

I have resolved the issue it seems, without reinstalling Windows, that is. And these were what I did (in order):
  1. Revo Uninstaller: I used Revo Uninstaller with advanced scanning to uninstall AI Suite III, cleanup leftover registries and files. Be sure to verify that you are only deleting registry entries and files related to AI Suite III. If you want to be safe, make a backup of your Windows install prior to doing any of these. In my case, however, I went a bit paranoid and overkill, so, I have also uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller everything else that came from ASUS. I had Armoury Crate installed as well, along with some AURA stuff. Basically, I purged my Windows out of anything that has any relation to ASUS. Then reboot.
  2. CCleaner: I used CCleaner to do custom clean and registry cleaner. In custom clean, I think you mostly wanted to clean for the "System", "Advanced", "Windows", and "Utilities" section. I again went a bit overkill since I see nothing to lose in wiping clean the other sections except. Be sure to read every tick boxes to understand what is going to be wiped if you select that option. For the registry cleaner, what I did was I ticked all boxes and run the scan and fix. Again, it is very important to read the entries to be sure that you are not altering anything system critical. But, you also have the option of backing up the registry changes with CCleaner anyway, and if you have backed up your system before, you should be more or less safe. Then reboot.
  3. Manual work: This involves going to task manager, stopping any tasks related to ASUS that is still running, and then going to services.msc to also do the same thing. Once this is done, I went to Program Files, Program Files (x86), and ProgramData to delete ASUS folder there. Again, be sure to only delete things related to ASUS, do not delete any mission-critical files. Then reboot.
  4. AI3Cleaner.exe: You can download the tool provided by ASUS via this drive link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnM0VyNkZ3SjhEdGM/view). It doesn't feel like it is doing anything, but I ran it once (as administrator) anyway for good measures. Then reboot.
  5. CCleaner (again): It should be noted that I did 1-4 prior to writing this asking for help post, as after doing 1-4, my issue still remains. I now repeated 2, but I ran CCleaner custom and registry cleaner multiple times until I saw nothing left. Nothing left to clean and no registry issue to fix. This may very well be a completely unnecessary step. Then reboot.
  6. Windows 10 in-place upgrade: Now, this is the one that changes everything for me. I used Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to download a Windows 10 .iso file and performed an in-place upgrade. This refreshes your Windows 10 installation but keeping all files and applications untouched.
Right after 6, I boot back into Windows, ran Cyberpunk 2077, and lo' and behold, the issue has completely disappeared. I am getting around 110 fps at 1440p ultra preset, my GPU is 100% utilized, CPU utilization is also higher, at around 40%! Performance now scales properly with different resolutions and presets.

Here, I reported everything I did to fix it, but keep in mind that not everything may be relevant. You can decide for yourself which step makes sense to you, which doesn't, which step to follow, and which to ignore. Other people have also reported that Armoury Crate is fine and only AI Suite III needs to be removed. I can't comment on this specifically, but it doesn't hurt to try and just remove AI Suite III instead of going ham like me and remove everything ASUS.

If you don't know how to do an in-place upgrade, check https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/7f0b236e-3c6c-4913-9691-c4baa2a6190a

Else, you can also ask me about it!

Again, don't forget to make a backup should you do anything related to registries! I wish you all luck!

TLDR; If you are lazy and you only want to try out a possible fix quickly, I suggest removing AI Suite III with Revo Uninstaller advanced scan, run AICleaner.exe, and perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade. In my opinion, these are the steps that are actually meaningful.

You sir are amazing! I just did the windows 10 in place upgrade and it fixed it straight up! Unlocked my stuck FPS. Have gone a week without playing the game. thanks so much!

I did that upgrade everyone is talking about, no change. I don't have any asus programs also

So I decided to keep reinstalling nvidia drivers because I had a similar issue in a different game (while all other games were working fine) and the driver reinstalling method helped. I always use DDU by the way

After like 5th attempt I finally got the usual FPS back. I don't think 1.06 causes the problem, but rather weird windows handling of nvidia drivers update (probably that's why windows reset helped some people, not sure)

P.S. If that doesn't help, try deleting all files in ProgramData - Nvidia Corporation - NV_Cache

I'm completely locked at 30fps. CPU and GPU usage both around 40%.
I have new system: AMD Ryzen 5600X, 32GB 3600 CL16, RTX3070 OC and Sammy 980Pro SSD.
No matter if i go low settings full hd or rt ultra 1440p, fps is locked. No v sync, frame limiter in the game or nvidia panel.
I mean i could try the win reinstall as some suggested, but this is the only game having the problem. Right now i have Control and New Dawn installed, both run just fine.
Looking at the other bugs i think i'm better off returning to the game in a month or so or ask for refund, buy it later on sale.

Update: I've tried everything really, but there's just something this game doesn't like in the system. Reinstalled Win 10 keeping files and programs solved the problem. Note that i didn't have to uninstall AI Suite. Now i have a normal GPU usage.

Could be another program trying to keep the game on 60. Maybe NVIDIA's control panel settings or hooked up programs like MSI Afterburner or RTTS, or even open tabs on Chrome or other programs (try also disabling Steam Overlay just to see what happens).

i get on 60 fps easy - _ - . just go use intel not AMD .

cheer
Post automatically merged:

Untitled.jpgUntitled1.jpg
4K @ Ultra Max DLSS Quality . RTX off

cheer

Hello,

I've got a strange problem with Cyberpunk 2077. No matter what settings I choose, I can't get the game to run at higher FPS than ~65. I can set the details to low and change the resolution to 720p and the game doesn't run any better than on 3440 x 1440 with RT Ultra. Actually the game performs better with max settings at 3440 x 1440 than in 1280 x 720.

Here are my system specs:
Ryzen 9 5900X
32 GB RAM
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Asus TUF RTX 3090
Sound Blaster X AE-5

I'm using the latest drivers for all components and I can't get behind this problem.
Is there anyone here who has the same issues with this game?

Cheers
I've got a same problem but with weaker PC, doesnt matter what settings i choose i always had about 45-55FPS
CPU Ryzen 5 3600
GPU RTX 2070S
16GB RAM
MOTHERBOARD asus tuf b450-pro gaming

Hi people, after trying everything finally i i found this solution on reddit: "So I actually fixed my problem. My ram was running at 2133 but I enabled XMB in my bios and theyre running at 3200 now. Now I get 60-100 FPS on ulta with rtx+ dlSS "

UPDATE:

So, I come bearing a pretty good update people. Hopefully, this can help a lot of you out here. It certainly helped me.

I have resolved the issue it seems, without reinstalling Windows, that is. And these were what I did (in order):
  1. Revo Uninstaller: I used Revo Uninstaller with advanced scanning to uninstall AI Suite III, cleanup leftover registries and files. Be sure to verify that you are only deleting registry entries and files related to AI Suite III. If you want to be safe, make a backup of your Windows install prior to doing any of these. In my case, however, I went a bit paranoid and overkill, so, I have also uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller everything else that came from ASUS. I had Armoury Crate installed as well, along with some AURA stuff. Basically, I purged my Windows out of anything that has any relation to ASUS. Then reboot.
  2. CCleaner: I used CCleaner to do custom clean and registry cleaner. In custom clean, I think you mostly wanted to clean for the "System", "Advanced", "Windows", and "Utilities" section. I again went a bit overkill since I see nothing to lose in wiping clean the other sections except. Be sure to read every tick boxes to understand what is going to be wiped if you select that option. For the registry cleaner, what I did was I ticked all boxes and run the scan and fix. Again, it is very important to read the entries to be sure that you are not altering anything system critical. But, you also have the option of backing up the registry changes with CCleaner anyway, and if you have backed up your system before, you should be more or less safe. Then reboot.
  3. Manual work: This involves going to task manager, stopping any tasks related to ASUS that is still running, and then going to services.msc to also do the same thing. Once this is done, I went to Program Files, Program Files (x86), and ProgramData to delete ASUS folder there. Again, be sure to only delete things related to ASUS, do not delete any mission-critical files. Then reboot.
  4. AI3Cleaner.exe: You can download the tool provided by ASUS via this drive link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnM0VyNkZ3SjhEdGM/view). It doesn't feel like it is doing anything, but I ran it once (as administrator) anyway for good measures. Then reboot.
  5. CCleaner (again): It should be noted that I did 1-4 prior to writing this asking for help post, as after doing 1-4, my issue still remains. I now repeated 2, but I ran CCleaner custom and registry cleaner multiple times until I saw nothing left. Nothing left to clean and no registry issue to fix. This may very well be a completely unnecessary step. Then reboot.
  6. Windows 10 in-place upgrade: Now, this is the one that changes everything for me. I used Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to download a Windows 10 .iso file and performed an in-place upgrade. This refreshes your Windows 10 installation but keeping all files and applications untouched.
Right after 6, I boot back into Windows, ran Cyberpunk 2077, and lo' and behold, the issue has completely disappeared. I am getting around 110 fps at 1440p ultra preset, my GPU is 100% utilized, CPU utilization is also higher, at around 40%! Performance now scales properly with different resolutions and presets.

Here, I reported everything I did to fix it, but keep in mind that not everything may be relevant. You can decide for yourself which step makes sense to you, which doesn't, which step to follow, and which to ignore. Other people have also reported that Armoury Crate is fine and only AI Suite III needs to be removed. I can't comment on this specifically, but it doesn't hurt to try and just remove AI Suite III instead of going ham like me and remove everything ASUS.

If you don't know how to do an in-place upgrade, check https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/7f0b236e-3c6c-4913-9691-c4baa2a6190a

Else, you can also ask me about it!

Again, don't forget to make a backup should you do anything related to registries! I wish you all luck!

this solved my problem thx for the informations i ve 5900x cpu, asus x570 e-gaming motherboard , asus rtx 2070s and 32gb g-skill 3600mhz rams and in the beginning of the game a few second i got the high fps then my fps lock 25 to 30fps and my graphics were going sh*t .so i tried solution and it worked for me now i am taking more than 80fps with everything ultra on 1080p and when i closed rtx and quality dlss mode i got more than 100-105fps now i hope it wont be gone back again . ps i didnt install ai suits again

Glad I found this thread.

5950x | 3090 | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

I am getting 65-70 fps on 3440x1440 at Ultra with Raytracing on.

Is that normal or have issue?

I uninstalled AI suite and did a windows in place update but made no difference.

Thanks

Hey guys/gals,

I also struggled with poor performance although it was somewhat expected (AMD FX-8320 + GTX1060 3GB). I could not run the game (v 1.06) smoothly (CPU + GPU usage was like 70-80%) - somewhere like 20-35 fps on LOW settings 1920x1080 with 80% static resolution meter and a lot of stutter. Tried every possible "fix" posted on internet. But in the end what really helped was low and behold.....
TWEAKED drivers from Xtreme-G 461.09 (for Win7 64bit) without Geforce Experience of course. Now it's almost butter-smooth on medium settings (crowd on low) with no static resolution (100% 1920x1080). No stutter, even very high populated areas like markets are playable quite well. Various FPS meters stopped working after the driver update but I'm guessing in these heavy areas like 30fps with no stutter and very little lag, before was like 20 maybe even lower with lot of lag and stutter. Other areas are I'm guessing like 50fps - I'm playing Blade build and now close combat is actually playable and very very enjoyable. However still my CPU + GPU usage is quite low (CPU 50% and GPU 80-90%) -> still room for improvement. Strangely changing setting to low or high make a negligible difference mostly (same like before with the old drivers) -> I think the game could be optimized much better still. Waiting now for NVME adapter to arrive for mobo, might be running even better on SSD I hope.

What I tried and did not help:
1 - Various setting and tweaks in nVidia control panel, in game settings like static/dynamic resolution
2 - Overclocking CPU from 3.5GHz to 3.8GHz - my mobo is sh* but I'm not complaining at least something :)
3 - Editing Cyberpunk.exe with HEX editor (shouldn't work I know it's for Ryzens mostly but was worth a try)
4 - Updating drivers via Geforce experience from 460.79 to 461.09
5 - Removing drivers with DDU in Safe mode and installing fresh ones without Geforce Experience (several times like 5x)
6 - Cyber engine tweak from Nexus (basically zero improvement and it looked horrible)
7 - Deleting Gamepipeline cache

If someone could help me with good FPS overlay SW I would be really glad. Nothing so far worked (Afterburner, NZXT, Fraps, Geforce Experience - worked with the official drivers unfortunately). Steam overlay is not working either.

Edit: Added 6 + 7 and Steam experience.
Edit2: For those who experience sudden GPU load drops, I suggest running "Video Memory stress" app in the background (just start it and stop it), it forces GPU to be working most of the time - I learned this from Gothic 2 where you got horrible performance and stutters without it - seems to help so far. But I still get big GPU load drop when someone is calling me in-game. Very very strange.

Last edited:
I don't have any issues with Cyberpunk 2077 GOG version. I am running the game with Gainward Geforce GTX 1080 through HDMI 2.1 cable and i reach 110-121 FPS. The interesting thing is that gtx 1080 can't reach more than 60 fps with hdmi cable,but my gtx 1080 gpu can reach the max 121 fps even in cod and assassin's creed odyssey on LG OLED CX 55. Cyberpunk setting : everything medium-high,few setting on ultra, rtx and dlss are off because they are not supported by gtx1080, refresh rate allows me 60hz in game and windows in Cyberpunk but i even get the max framerateas possible above 100fps Strange,but i like that. Oh and one more intresting thing. In cod and assassins creed i can use 120 hz, the 120hz option appears in the video settings,even when windows capable using ny gpu on 60hz. Very strange.

I had FPS capped at 68-70, regardless of the graphics settings. On a 3090.
However, i managed to fix it without having to do windows upgrades and other weird crap.

The culprit is ASUS AI Suite 3, or rather, a setting that it configures and then forgets to revert when uninstalled. gg ASUS, you dumbasses.
The reason the in-place windows upgrade works is because it reverts that setting to default.

Anyway, the fix is much simpler:

1. Uninstall AI Suite 3
2. Reboot
3. start a cmd as administrator and run:
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy high FPS again

Cheers

EDIT: Come to think about it, this setting is not dependent on AI Suite 3 per se.
So, even if you don't have (or ever had) AI Suite 3, give this a try. Maybe it'll help.

Not sure why CP cares about this, other games don't seem to have this issue. Maybe if someone from the CDPR team ever sees this, they might look into it.

Last edited:
However, i managed to fix it without having to do windows upgrades and other weird crap.

The culprit is ASUS AI Suite 3, or rather, a setting that it configures and then forgets to revert when uninstalled. gg ASUS, you dumbasses.
The reason the in-place windows upgrade works is because it reverts that setting to default.

1. Uninstall AI Suite 3
2. Reboot
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy high FPS again

Cheers

EDIT: Come to think about it, this setting is not dependent on AI Suite 3 per se.
So, even if you don't have (or ever had) AI Suite 3, give this a try. Maybe it'll help.

Not sure why CP cares about this, other games don't seem to have this issue. Maybe if someone from the CDPR team ever sees this, they might look into it.
It worked for me !

Thank you a lot.

i get on 60 fps easy - _ - . just go use intel not AMD .

[...]

I get +100 FPS with my AMD Ryzen 2600X + NVIDIA RTX 3070 OC. 90 FPS nearly stable, just a few scenarios my FPS drops down to 55-60, and I not even need DLSS to get such numbers.

The problems in Cyberpunk 2077 have nothing to do with AMD or Intel, they go much deeper.
For example, UHD is almost impossible with good numbers without DLSS, hardware doesn't matter.

1. Uninstall AI Suite 3
2. Reboot
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy high FPS again

Cheers

This setting disables the High Precision Event Timer (HPET) in Windows in favour of the hardware clock (as is my understanding).

A brief write up of what this does is here : https://www.ghacks.net/2013/04/18/try-changing-hpet-settings-to-improve-your-pcs-performance/

My further understanding is that HPET has been replaced by another timing method in Windows 10 called Time Stamp Calculator (TSC). I have not tried your fix myself. I have an Asus Strix X99, Intel 6800K, Geforce 1080 system that struggles with FPS on any setting/resolution. If the timer is somehow at fault with certain systems I'd hope that would be investigated further.

Do yourself a favor and stop running FPS counters. Just adjust the settings until it feels smooth enough. Too many people focused on a number instead of just playing.

Top Bottom