Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
Just a question. Have you tryed to disable the launchers Overlays? Most launchers have overlays nowdays and if theres one thing ive noticed with cp2077 is that it haaates overlays. launching the game for the exe seem to circunvent the tracking of gametime/achivments in GOG for me for example(shoudl disable the GOG ingame overlay too). Since it doesnt hookup with the launcher. Also noticed "run as admin" was removed from my exe for some reason and hade loads of weird crashes untill i figured it out. Also have to repeair the game pretty often weirdly enough especialy after a crash so kinda wondering if it corrupts some setup file or something -.-

This is unbelievable. I just started the game from the .exe directly and now I'm getting 99% gpu usage.
OMG THANK YOU! This was driving me nuts! I installed the game 3 weeks ago and everything was running really well and suddenly poof limited fps and gpu usage! Been looking for a solution for 3 days, thank you so much!

I wonder if it has anything to do with GOG Galaxy launcher updates or CP2077 upcoming update? Definitely something is conflicting the two mentioned apps.

Just a question. Have you tryed to disable the launchers Overlays? Most launchers have overlays nowdays and if theres one thing ive noticed with cp2077 is that it haaates overlays. launching the game for the exe seem to circunvent the tracking of gametime/achivments in GOG for me for example(shoudl disable the GOG ingame overlay too). Since it doesnt hookup with the launcher. Also noticed "run as admin" was removed from my exe for some reason and hade loads of weird crashes untill i figured it out. Also have to repeair the game pretty often weirdly enough especialy after a crash so kinda wondering if it corrupts some setup file or something -.-
Maybe I am just being blind but I can't find any way to disable the overlay from the Epic Social Panel. On the other hand, I never turned the GOG overlay on, so I think it must be Epic. For now, I'll just run the game directly from the bin. I don't care super much about achievements anyhow.

Next time I'll buy my games on Steam again. Never had a problem like that with Steam.

Maybe I am just being blind but I can't find any way to disable the overlay from the Epic Social Panel. On the other hand, I never turned the GOG overlay on, so I think it must be Epic. For now, I'll just run the game directly from the bin. I don't care super much about achievements anyhow.

Next time I'll buy my games on Steam again. Never had a problem like that with Steam.
I believe that some while ago the Epic launcher was causing high CPU temps. Maybe it's caused by thermal throttling. Did you check your CPU temperatures when launching from Epic?
(On Ryzen 3000-5000 series, temp spikes up to 90*C are normal, but it should be lower on average.)

When I launch Cyberpunk the 'proper' way I see CPU Utilization at 45 percent, GPU utilization at 60%, and FPS to be around 39.

When I use the workaround above, I see CPU utilization to go around 75%, GPU utilization to around 98%, and FPS hit around 70.

This is done as apples to apples comparison as I can. Just standing still in night city after loading the same save. Something about launching through Epic (which spawns the REDlauncher) and into the game kills overall utilization. Lowering settings doesnt significantly improve performance and certainly doesn't improve cpu/gpu utilization.

This is i7 9700k/3080ti/16GB 3200Mhz/NVME.

It's definitely an Epic Launcher issue.
Try disabling full screen optimisations for. How to:

1. Right click on the Epic Launcher Shortcut (Make sure launcher is completely closed)
2. Properties -> Compatibility
3. Tick the "Disable Fullscreen Optimisations" box
4. Confirm and close the window
4a. Restart your PC (recommended)
5. Start CP2077 through Epic Launcher and check again

I did try to Disable Fullscreen Optimizations for the Epic Launcher, did not make a difference.

I also just tried to start Cyberpunk directly from the REDLauncher (REDprelauncher.exe). No problems there. So I don't think it's the the REDlauncher either.. Definitely starting to smell like an Epic problem.

Anybody know how to prevent the Epic social overlay from starting?

No sure, no try myself, but maybe :
From this reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicGamesPC/comments/huwjm0 "Disable the overlay by moving all EOS*.* in the folder {install drive&directory}\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Overlay to a subfolder (such as _disabled."
I just tried it and it seems to work.
edit/ seems like one has to put the folder back every time you close the epic launcher and want to restart it, else you get an error.
You can instead remove / rename the two .exe in that folder (EOSOverlayRenderer-Win64-Shipping.exe and EOSOverlayRenderer-Win32-Shipping.exe) and it will still "disable" the overlay, but the launcher won't crash when you try to start it

I renamed the file extension on the EOSOverlayRenderer-Win64-Shipping.exe and EOSOverlayRenderer-Win32-Shipping.exe files from .exe to .noexe.

Started cyberpunk from the Epic launcher, and cyberpunk has full CPU/GPU utilization. This problem is indeed being caused by the Epic social overlay.

Thanks all for your contributions!

FYI, I created a support ticket with Epic about this.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone else finds this thread. I was also seeing my FPS capped at 60 but for a completely different reason.

I had a "second monitor" connected via hdmi and set to duplicate (It's actually an hdmi dummy plug for headless stuff).
Cyberpunk would be capped to 60 if it was in focus, and uncapped when NOT in focus.

Try Disabling HPET

That fixed it for me :) Now playing at 120fps instead of 55-60 fps

How-to :
- Download and Install TimerBench 1.5 [TimerBench: Ein Benchmark für Windows Timer - overclockers.at]
- Execute and click on [Disable HPET]
- Accept prompt to reboot
- Enjoy

How-to (other methods, not tested) :
- Follow directions here : [How to Disable HPET to Improve Game Performance in Windows 10/11? - MiniTool]

I tried it on and off twice to make sure, using the TimerBench method, as it was already installed on my PC.
That definitively fixes it for my setup : Radeon RX6900XT / AMD 5800X3D / MSI B550

I had FPS capped at 68-70, regardless of the graphics settings. On a 3090.
However, i managed to fix it without having to do windows upgrades and other weird crap.

The culprit is ASUS AI Suite 3, or rather, a setting that it configures and then forgets to revert when uninstalled. gg ASUS, you dumbasses.
The reason the in-place windows upgrade works is because it reverts that setting to default.

Anyway, the fix is much simpler:

1. Uninstall AI Suite 3
2. Reboot
3. start a cmd as administrator and run:
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy high FPS again

Cheers

EDIT: Come to think about it, this setting is not dependent on AI Suite 3 per se.
So, even if you don't have (or ever had) AI Suite 3, give this a try. Maybe it'll help.

Not sure why CP cares about this, other games don't seem to have this issue. Maybe if someone from the CDPR team ever sees this, they might look into it.

Thank you, tried for hours to find anything, and this finally helped, back from 55 locked fps to 240

Top Bottom