Cant Hear things behind me

+
Cant Hear things behind me in game, anyone talking in front or to the left or right of me is fine, but when I turn away from the thing or person in front of me the audio shuts off very quickly until I face back towards the audio again then its back. very disorentating.

I have the same issue when using a headset. Additionally the front channels L and R switches the voice-audio without a transition, so when turning around while somebody is speaking voices tend to jump from the left to right channel and vice versa, at least at a certain distance.

Try the Sound settings, there's a preset for Headphones, small speakers etc.. Maybe something will help (I have no issues with both speakers/headphones).

Is v's voice also super quiet? I had this issue trying to play 7.1 audio. Nothing I tried fixed it until I removed my auxiliary cable and tried usb.
Figured it out cause my headphones worked fine.

Cant Hear things behind me in game, anyone talking in front or to the left or right of me is fine, but when I turn away from the thing or person in front of me the audio shuts off very quickly until I face back towards the audio again then its back. very disorentating.
I have the same issue.

Beyond that, if I'm walking with someone who is talking, or in a car (like the long dialogue with Razer) and there's some comment from a bystander, then the audio will play the bystander really loud, locked on to the direction they were from you when they started speaking, the person walking or riding with you is muted hard, and no matter how far away you get from the bystander, their audio still plays loud and from the initial direction!

Edit: I have a pair of studio monitors, and the sound is set to match.

Try the Sound settings, there's a preset for Headphones, small speakers etc.. Maybe something will help (I have no issues with both speakers/headphones).

Yeah, I tried the presets, but those don't resolve the issue.

Is v's voice also super quiet? I had this issue trying to play 7.1 audio. Nothing I tried fixed it until I removed my auxiliary cable and tried usb.
Figured it out cause my headphones worked fine.

I have it the other way round: When I connect headphones with an aux-cable the audio seems to be fine, but when I use my wireless headset the sound mixing is very odd, since sounds from behind you are blocked out or very very quiet at least.

Yeah, I tried the presets, but those don't resolve the issue.

I have it the other way round: When I connect headphones with an aux-cable the audio seems to be fine, but when I use my wireless headset the sound mixing is very odd, since sounds from behind you are blocked out or very very quiet at least.
I think this game fucked up the sound mixing a bit, so some sounds that are supposed to be on a specific sound channel don't go through correctly.
It's weird because it's so hit or miss that it's hard to narrow down. On the first day I seemed to be the only one with the issue.

I think this game fucked up the sound mixing a bit, so some sounds that are supposed to be on a specific sound channel don't go through correctly.
It's weird because it's so hit or miss that it's hard to narrow down. On the first day I seemed to be the only one with the issue.
It's good to know that you have similar issues, since I also couldn't find other people reporting this problem. I really hope they patch that soon, it's not really great to play this way, I guess I'll finish some other games first :/

It's good to know that you have similar issues, since I also couldn't find other people reporting this problem. I really hope they patch that soon, it's not really great to play this way, I guess I'll finish some other games first :/

Play Enderal , or Death stranding, either way you will have a good time

I also have same isues with V's voice being very quiet and some times the weapons enemies are firing are coming through both earcups on my 7.1 headset and turning the 7.1 doesnt make any difference either.

You can report it to CDPR support here:

There's also this website that discusses some solutions for CP2077 audio issues, but no idea if it works here too as it's not exactly the same: https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-crackling-audio-popping-hissing/
Thanks for the link, unfortunately it's not solving the problem, but I have submitted a ticket regarding this issue. But I gues CDPR has a few more pressing bugs to squish first, this audio mixing bug doesn't seem to affect as many other people... :cry:

Hi, I've been having the same issues as described above. When audio is to my left, my right ear is practically deaf and vice-versa. Can't hear stuff behind me. when i turn my head while listening to someone, there is no transition. it just jumps from left to right. Been having these issues since release. I have a Logitech G933 headset and use 7.1 surround. I have read that that might also cause some issues? Not entirely sure though... Last hotfix (1.05) fixed nothing for me... Would like to at least hear from CDPR that this issue exists, but so far i can barely even find people who have the same issue...

Hi, I've been having the same issues as described above. When audio is to my left, my right ear is practically deaf and vice-versa. Can't hear stuff behind me. when i turn my head while listening to someone, there is no transition. it just jumps from left to right. Been having these issues since release. I have a Logitech G933 headset and use 7.1 surround. I have read that that might also cause some issues? Not entirely sure though... Last hotfix (1.05) fixed nothing for me... Would like to at least hear from CDPR that this issue exists, but so far i can barely even find people who have the same issue...

I have the exact same issue, with the same headset. I've reached out to support and they said they know about the issue but don't know when it's fixed. The game seems to be picky about headsets and speakers connected via usb or using drivers other than the standard Realtek ones. It's frustrating, it's not really playable this way.

The most annoying thing is that we probably have to wait until January when they'll come around with the next patch...

So... did the last patch fix anything for us? I've updated and booted my game but no luck.. why can't the just fix this goddamn issue man.

So... did the last patch fix anything for us? I've updated and booted my game but no luck.. why can't the just fix this goddamn issue man.

The audio issue is only present on certain things, mostly non interactive entities, like static npc's and advertisement signs.
I dont see them ever fixing this audio issue as it seems baked into the engine in some strange way. Most but not all quest NPC'S are placed in the world with 3D audio and can be heard in 3D space. The game is simply an embarrassment overall and should be an example for any and all game developers as what not to do to their loyal consumers.

I had some comms with CDPR support in where i presented them with the issue. The weird thing is i tried to record it to give them an example, but when i listened to the recording the sound is normal, as it is supposed to be. Nonetheless i described the issue as best i could and in as much detail as possible. They said they are now looking into it, so i keep my hopes up that one day the game will be playable

Top Bottom