Can't Install Gwent: "Installation failed: Disk access problem"

+
I looked around and saw several posts made about this problem... a few reddit posts and a few on these forums. I tried all of the suggested solutions. None of them worked.

I am also unable for some reason to choose my installation path. I hit "browse", and I try to select my "D" mechanical drive instead of my C drive which is my ssd, but when when I click "OK", it still shows my C drive as the installation path. I don't even get an error message.

Any help would be appreciated. I just finished reading all of the Witcher books and I'd be really sad if I can't play this game :(

Hello guys,
I just learnt about gwent and I immediatelly downloaded it. However, when it was all set and done- it showed me 'installation failed : disk access problem' . Also, I got a lot of storage in my PC so this aint a problem. Can someone help me with this?

The steps I took:

Visited Gwent page at browser
Downloaded for free
Opened the GOG client
Subscribed in their newsletter

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Hi, if you entered, thank you.

The problem is that when I want to install Gwent, I can't because GOG tells me "installation failure: problem accessing the disk" and I tried to verify my archives but nothing.

The thing is that I played it, but with new update, it says that it is incompatible and that I have to update it, and so I try to, but it says the same message.

My first installation was problematic too, but I imported data and then I could play it, but now i tried doing the same thing but this time the failure returned.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you can help me

PS: Sorry if my english is not that good, it's not my mother tongue.

ive been trying to install the game and i tried the thing saying that you need to let your antivirus program whitelist it, and i did that and the message is still popping up, anyone know how to fix this issue

Me too, it's literally just this.

Attachments

• install.jpg
    install.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 222
I've been trying for an hour to update for the recent Merchants of Ofir expansion yet the game is refusing to update. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet it always stops at 99% before giving the disk access error. This has never happened before with past patches/updates and I recently play the game a day ago without issue. I have sent a message to technical support, yet I don't know what else to do beyond uninstalling galaxy and trying again.

I've been trying for an hour to update for the recent Merchants of Ofir expansion yet the game is refusing to update. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet it always stops at 99% before giving the disk access error. This has never happened before with past patches/updates and I recently play the game a day ago without issue. I have sent a message to technical support, yet I don't know what else to do beyond uninstalling galaxy and trying again.

Please, try the following: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000014965-Installation-failed-disk-access-error

PS. thread merged

Top Bottom