Can't install Hearts of Stone due to game version error

+
Can't install Hearts of Stone due to game version error

Hi there,

I have a really strange issue in that I can't install the Hearts of Stone expansion (downloaded from gog.com) as it says I need to update my game version to 1.10 to install it. The problem is that my game version IS 1.10 as stated in the game itself but for some stupid reason Galaxy thinks my game version is 1.08.4 as you can see in the screenshot I have attached. View attachment 25926

Anyone know if there is a registry fix I can do to force the expansion installer to install? Or is my only option to uninstall the game and reinstall it?

Cheers.

Attachments

• witcher3.jpg
    witcher3.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 366
Hi,

Same problem...Cant install because "This version of base game is not supported. Expansion requires 1.10 patch. Please update your game version"
But Update 1.10 is installed.

Anybody know a Solution?

I updated via GOG Galaxy and even though I had already updated to 1.10 it prompted me to update before i could see the Heart of Stone DLC to add it. So if you're not using Galaxy and doing manual install, I'd guess you need to download the current 1.10 patch because it seems slightly different than the one they released before the weekend. They should have bumped the version # to 1.10.1 or something, but oh well.

i found a solution (GOG Version without GOG Galaxy ! )

i tried to re-install the game, but it was not possible to Update to 1.10, because my game Version is the 1.0 and require the Day One Patch.

I downloaded the 1.06 Base Game -> Update 1.10 > Language Patch -> DLCs -> Heart of Stone Expansion

Now is everything okay!

Anyone else tried this ? I have a ton of issues trying to get on. Mine says "Not available yet" as though it isn't released :(

Hi there,

I have a really strange issue in that I can't install the Hearts of Stone expansion (downloaded from gog.com) as it says I need to update my game version to 1.10 to install it. The problem is that my game version IS 1.10 as stated in the game itself but for some stupid reason Galaxy thinks my game version is 1.08.4 as you can see in the screenshot I have attached. View attachment 25926

Anyone know if there is a registry fix I can do to force the expansion installer to install? Or is my only option to uninstall the game and reinstall it?

Cheers.

Hi vengeance, try this, after installing 1.10 patch, BEFORE installing Expansion, start a new game, save then quit. Install expansion. Good luck.

Just tried to install Hearts of Stone using the 3 part files manually downloaded from the GOG website, but get the error "This version of base game is not supported. Expansion requires 1.10 patch".

I have already installed patch 1.10 and 16 DLC files, except GOG Galaxy thinks I'm still on 1.08.4.

Is there a workaround other than uninstalling from GOG Galaxy and re-installing?

Just tried to install Hearts of Stone using the 3 part files manually downloaded from the GOG website, but get the error "This version of base game is not supported. Expansion requires 1.10 patch".

I have already installed patch 1.10 and 16 DLC files, except GOG Galaxy thinks I'm still on 1.08.4.

Is there a workaround other than uninstalling from GOG Galaxy and re-installing?

I had the same error, here is what worked for me: in my case patch 1.10 was not completly installed, because i had to cancel installer cause i thought it was stuck. However the game showed version 1.10 but gog galaxy not. I did a rollback with gog galaxy to version 1.06, cause this had only 7 GB download. After that i installed patch 1.10 which i had still on my harddisk, again, this time waiting patiently until it ended, which took some time. Then install dlc again and finally Hearts of Stone. Worked for me this way.

Top Bottom