Cant launch the game from Steam

+
Hello everyone!

Someone might have this issue as well, please let me know!

I cant launch Cyberpunk from steam. It closes before it opens. I brought it from steam, not some cd-key page.
I tried the file integrity check, still wont launch. I tried download the whole game again, still wont launch. I tried disable firewall /defender, still wont launch.
What is interesting, that if i go to the installation folder (you now, steamapps/common) and if i try to start the game by double clicking directly to "REDprelauncher.exe" or "setup_redlauncher.exe" nothing happens.
I think the problem is with this Red Launcher maybe.

Altough if i go to the Cyberpunk 2077/bin/x64 folder and if i run the "Cyberpunk2077.exe"
the game starts, and runs fine in a low-med setting in 1080p with a GTX 1050 Ti.

But, Steam does not see that I running the game. I already played like 7 hours and on steam i got 2 minutes. I also dont get achievements this way.

Does anyone has this problem too? That the game runs only with the direct .exe, and cant be launched from steam?

yes same here, except I bought the game from Amazon and I have to use from the GOG Galaxy launcher. But it is not launching from there either. It is working with the executable file like you said.

I literally have the exact same problem. I also tried to get the GOG Galaxy program to run the game from there, and it still won't work. I am worried to try this because I don't want to corrupt the game files, but I wonder if you can move the cyberpunk2077.exe file out of the bin folder to the general Cyberpunk folder. But I hope a dev can get on this problem because I would really like to be able to run the game normally lol. It's really annoying.

well, i updated the game, reinstalled c++ things, still wont launch...
altough i can see REDlauncher is setupped, i dont remember to setup anything
in fact, most of the games what i launch on steam first time, setup some stuff thats required and i dont have, cyberpunk doesnt show me that its setupping anything at all.

(edit: REDlauncher isnt blocked by anything, i tried turn off the defender, and the firewall, i also turned off steam overlay and the geforce overlay..maybe the problem is my steam cant see redlauncher is setupped but apparently it is, so i dont know
i also tried deleting REDlauncher, but i cant run the setup exe of it, so i downloaded tha game again, that way REDlauncher is setupped, but i got no info about this, only if i check my programs list)

i wrote a ticket about this, nothing seems to fix it

in a week, i will have a better gaming pc, i will try out there too

Last edited:
My first 30 hours was fine had some crashes but overall acceptable. Then they roll out this hotfix which broke my game since I can't get past the sponsor logos. Can't even reach the main menu. Tried everything Verifying,Reinstalling and Restarting a bunch of times none works. They should just give us a chance to rollback the versions since every patch they roll out something breaks. Would be better to let people decide which version fits for them and not force a single version for everyone else.

I have the same problem. I am able to run game from gamefolder with Cyberpunk2077.exe, but not from steam. I also tried everything you did. Need help to connect steam with the game.

Yes, starting game with executable works fine, but I would like steam to recognize the game to get achievements
you didnt get the echievements if you dont start the game from steam? i never used steam launcher for my games, but i got no problem with achievements

Hello everyone!

Someone might have this issue as well, please let me know!

I cant launch Cyberpunk from steam. It closes before it opens. I brought it from steam, not some cd-key page.
I tried the file integrity check, still wont launch. I tried download the whole game again, still wont launch. I tried disable firewall /defender, still wont launch.
What is interesting, that if i go to the installation folder (you now, steamapps/common) and if i try to start the game by double clicking directly to "REDprelauncher.exe" or "setup_redlauncher.exe" nothing happens.
I think the problem is with this Red Launcher maybe.

Altough if i go to the Cyberpunk 2077/bin/x64 folder and if i run the "Cyberpunk2077.exe"
the game starts, and runs fine in a low-med setting in 1080p with a GTX 1050 Ti.

But, Steam does not see that I running the game. I already played like 7 hours and on steam i got 2 minutes. I also dont get achievements this way.

Does anyone has this problem too? That the game runs only with the direct .exe, and cant be launched from steam?
I had the same issue, reinstall steam... fixed me right up

Top Bottom