Can't load any saves. Says I'm missing dlc

+
Can't load any saves. Says I'm missing dlc

All of a sudden I can't load any of my saves. Keep getting an error saying I'm missing pieces of dlc. But I have everything installed.

I have tried uninstalling the specific dlc that is listed and reinstalling it multiple times. Did not work.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game and all dlc. Did not work.

I tried unplugging the console for 30 min to make sure it fully reset. Did not work.

Tried transferring the game from my external drive to the internal one. Did not work.

Any other suggestions or I'm I just done with the witcher?

Update; my game seems to have fixed itself. Had deleted and reinstalled the dlc that wasn't working about 15 times and finally gave up.

Then after watching a couple hours of youtube I suddenly got a popup that that dlc was installed and ready to start.

After that my saves loaded fine. Wtf?

Hmm... For some weird reason it just took ages to download properly?

Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us :) Good to know that your game is working again!

Aaaaaand the problem is back again. Started reporting a different piece of dlc as missing today. Will go back to continually deleting and reinstalling it until it works I guess. :-/

Sword1781;n10740041 said:
Aaaaaand the problem is back again. Started reporting a different piece of dlc as missing today. Will go back to continually deleting and reinstalling it until it works I guess. :-/

Have you recently installed or uninstalled anything else (other games, system update, etc.)? I don't recommend repeatedly deleting and reinstalling anything. Perhaps uninstall / reinstall the entire game and all DLC from scratch once. Just to be sure everything is gone, then everything is re-downloaded and installed in one go, fresh.

If the problem continues after that, it either exists in your save-state (meaning beginning a new game may be the only fix)...or something is up with the Xbox itself. How full is the HDD?

I had the same issue as you after the latest update. I did *not* uninstall or reinstall anything beforehand. In order to solve the issue, I actually had to use another account to download the missing free DLCs (essentially re-"purchase" them to get the licenses back). If you do this method, make sure the Xbox you're on is set as your home Xbox. This is the only long-term solution I have found, the issue has not returned yet. The affected DLCs were "New Quest-Fool's Gold" and "New Contract-Missing Miners." Nothing else was able to re-verify the licenses.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled Assassin's Creed and Forza DLCs as a test and did not experience any licensing issues, so I believe it is a Witcher-side issue. I removed the account from the Xbox, performed a hard reset, and that did not work. The DLCs appeared on my hard drive under "my games & apps," however if I looked at the in-game DLC menu for the Witcher 3, they were not there/recognized as downloaded. The only solution was making a new Xbox account to "buy" the free DLCs again, which forced the licenses back onto my home console.

This latest update has caused some serious bugs, from this to a serious texture and lighting bug I posted about in another thread.

Hi, thanks for the responses. I have not recently installed or uninstalled anything aside from the attempts to get the witcher working. When this problem originally occurred i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game which did not help.

When this problem does occure it effects all of my saves going back to my original save when the game released.

So far this has happened 4 times and eventually after anywhere from an hour to 3 days my saves suddenly work again after my xbox says that the dlc has been installed.

I have also tried installing the offending dlc with a second account on the Xbox but that hasn't helped either.

This time the dlc that is reported missing is "fools gold" but at other times it has been "missing miners" and the hair and beard pack.

I don't think its the xbox or the HDD since I have not had any issues with the 100 plus games on my account. But, just for information the game and dlc are installed on a WD 2TB external drive. I have also tried moving the game, dlc, and save files to the internal drive which did not help.

I'm just going to give it a couple days and see if the issue fixes itself again. Would be really nice if whatever this bug is could be sorted out.

Tha is for the advice and support.

Sword1781;n10746421 said:
Hi, thanks for the responses. I have not recently installed or uninstalled anything aside from the attempts to get the witcher working. When this problem originally occurred i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game which did not help.

This time the dlc that is reported missing is "fools gold" but at other times it has been "missing miners" and the hair and beard pack.

Tha is for the advice and support.

This is definitely not an issue with Xbox then, as we had the same issues with the same two DLCs. I have a hard time believing it would be a coincidence. Like I said, the two DLCs affected for me were also Missing Miners and Fool's Gold. What happens is I will download them, they will finish downloading, but never say "ready to play." It has been two days since I re-downloaded them on a new account and no issues yet, however if it follows the pattern of yours I'll expect them to stop working again soon, then. Thanks for the heads up. This sounds like a license issue that is on CDPR's end IMO. Because my Live Account is considered to own them, they just cannot be recognized in-game by TW3.

I also have had no issues with Assassin's Creed: Origins, Rainbow 6: Siege, Fallout 4, or Forza Horizon 3 DLC. For the record, I tested them all thoroughly because I was bored, sick, and had a couple days off. I was able to uninstall and reinstall all DLC for AC and Forza without any issues to speak of.

I'm getting exactly the same now. Just spent the past 2 hours to try and figure away around it. None have worked yet, going for the uninstall trial

I'm also having issues on PS4 version. When I try to load a game it states I'm missing Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, which should be included with the Complete Edition. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times. I hadn't had any issues until today. I also made sure to activate as primary PS4, restore licenses, and I even restored the database to no avail. I took a long hiatus and haven't played since probably December or January but this is rather frustrating.

When I try to load a game it states I'm missing Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, which should be included with the Complete Edition.
Have you uninstalled the game at some point? If so, the re-installation might not be complete (aka expansions are "missing"), until you play the game a bit. Try starting new game and complete the tutorials, if nothing else helps. Just remember NOT to mess up your actual game saves while doing that.

Completing the tutorials helped me to get my GOTY expansions available on PS4 (fresh first install), when they were first greyed out in the main menu and unplayable.

I fresh installed but didn't try playing through the tutorial again. I'll try that. Thank you!
Have you uninstalled the game at some point? If so, the re-installation might not be complete (aka expansions are "missing"), until you play the game a bit. Try starting new game and complete the tutorials, if nothing else helps. Just remember NOT to mess up your actual game saves while doing that.

Completing the tutorials helped me to get my GOTY expansions available on PS4 (fresh first install), when they were first greyed out in the main menu and unplayable.

Top Bottom