Can't load in v1.31 PS4 save data into PS5 v4.03

+
I have a v1.31 save from my PS4 save and can't seem to load it onto PS5 version which is up to date with v4.03. Was playing on original Witcher 3 and don't want to start all over again from over 100 hours of playtime!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a guess but :
On your PS4 > Update the game to last version (better with the very last game version), activate the cross-progression feature (just link your GOG account), load the save that you want to transfert, create a brand new save, check if this save if well uploaded on GOG (checked cloud icon in it) and quit the game.
On your PS5 > Activate the cross-progression feature and in theory, the newly created PS4 save should appear.

I’ve linked my GOG account and updated PS4 and PS5 versions with both DLCs but ‘load game’ doesn’t even come up on the main menu screen. I can see my v1.31 in the PlayStation data save setting but nothing in the game for both versions.

I even started a new game in both PS4 and PS5 to get the load screen to come up and see if my v1.31 save loads but only v4.03 is recognised.

I fear it’s not loading up because v1.31 is too old.

Can CD Projekt Red confirm this? Can’t find anything online

In theory, it shouldn't be a problem :(
(many players used their 1.31 saves to continue playing on the next gen version)
This save was created on the same game ?
For example, a save created on a "base" game+DLC+expansions won't be recognize on a GOTY version. It's two different game.
At least, you can directly contact CDPR support ("contact us" button).

Yes it was base game + DLC + expansions for both my old PS4 and PS5 next gen. I’ve contacted them and wait for reply.
Thanks for your help
Post automatically merged:

Another note I went from Disc PS4 to Digital PS5, does that matter?

Last edited:
Top Bottom