Can't loot drones, mechs, and robots!

+
I have noticed that almost every drone, mech or robot that I kill cannot be looted completely. I haven't seen much else on this issue, so I'm wondering if there is a fix for this, or if others are having the same issue. This is extremely frustrating, especially since I bought all 3 ranks of Mech Looter. I have yet to receive a single mod or attachment from drones, mechs or robots, so obviously that perk was a waste of points, at least for now. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!

as far as i know its a known issue.
You can still loot things off them, but the perk that lets you lootmods and extras isnt working as intended

Yeah, I was in shock when I was able to get something off a droid for the first time in my second play-through. Didn't think it was possible because I hadn't taken the right perks or something but couldn't see any that might have been necessary first.

I have noticed that almost every drone, mech or robot that I kill cannot be looted completely. I haven't seen much else on this issue, so I'm wondering if there is a fix for this, or if others are having the same issue. This is extremely frustrating, especially since I bought all 3 ranks of Mech Looter. I have yet to receive a single mod or attachment from drones, mechs or robots, so obviously that perk was a waste of points, at least for now. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!
I had this one too. And it's really frustrating. You don't feel satisfied when you see something with label of uncollected items and you can't pick them up.

Even without third level it seems like a design mistake, if it wasn't done intentionally, and even so, it doesn't look user-friendly =)

In addition, as far as I understand, Mech Looter gives you opportunity to find additional item (weapon mod or attachment), and it is not about looting everything in the tech, so it's for sure looks like a bug (please correct me, if I'm wrong).

1608585450699.png

Trick I've found for looting thing, quicksave and reload. Not perfect but sometimes it helps. When you reload the engine drops corpses from a good height and sometimes allows for looting of glitch corpses stuck in objects, stuck in bushes, stuck under things and also the drone loot problem.

It's not guaranteed at all, but it is something to try.

I found that for example, if you see a drone or robot that you can't loot, simply save really quick and then load that same save you just saved and the game will reload the bodies and they will drop, allowing you to loot them. It's worked for me so far the majority of the time.

Whats fun is sometimes when a drone dies in the air, it stays in the air... Had to use double-jump to loot a few of them.

150+ hours later I've not had any problems looting from mechs/bots that had anything above a common component on them, unless they died in a weird position on some terrain, in those cases saving and reloading did help pop their corpses out and I was able to loot. I'm still on 1.04 though.

150+ hours later I've not had any problems looting from mechs/bots that had anything above a common component on them, unless they died in a weird position on some terrain, in those cases saving and reloading did help pop their corpses out and I was able to loot. I'm still on 1.04 though.

On 1.06 you can't loot any common items either, but everything else is working the same, reload for weird positioned drops.

For anyone still having this issue, I have found a sort of "work-around" that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet. Usually the robots and drones have at least two pieces of loot, a common item and something higher than common. If you pick up the more valuable loot first you will be left with the common item which you will not be able to pick up. However, if you hover over the bot/drone and when the list of items comes up, scroll down and pick up the common item first you will be able to get it and then pick up any more valuable items. So far this has worked every time I have tried it.

Sometimes you get lucky and can jump over dead mech and loot, but most of the times there just is no way to get the loot...

Problem still not fixed after 1.12 hotfix but I'm hopeful it'll be OK in the next big Feb patch... maybe

Guest 4519094

long pressing the loot button to "Loot all" works,
also looting the last item first in the loot list works.

Top Bottom