Can't loot drones, mechs, and robots!

+
long pressing the loot button to "Loot all" works,
also looting the last item first in the loot list works.
Yeah but I can't even see the loot, the box doesn't appear. This appeared during the end of the car factory quest which was full of bots...

Supposedly fixed in v1.3 as per build notes under the below section.

Adjusted functionality of multiple perks.
  • "Hit the Deck" perk will now work properly on knockdowned and staggered NPCs.
  • "Can't Touch This" perk will now grant the player immunity to Blind from their own flash grenades.
  • "Crazy Science" perk will now properly increase the sale price of all items.
  • "Hacker Overlord" perk will now grant a recipe for the Epic Whistle quickhack.
  • Guitars from
    New Dawn Fades
    will no longer be disassemblable and won't be automatically disassembled when having the "Scrapper" perk.
  • Player will now properly have a chance of looting a weapon attachment with the "Mech Looter" perk.

Supposedly fixed in v1.3 as per build notes under the below section.

Adjusted functionality of multiple perks.
  • "Hit the Deck" perk will now work properly on knockdowned and staggered NPCs.
  • "Can't Touch This" perk will now grant the player immunity to Blind from their own flash grenades.
  • "Crazy Science" perk will now properly increase the sale price of all items.
  • "Hacker Overlord" perk will now grant a recipe for the Epic Whistle quickhack.
  • Guitars from
    New Dawn Fades
    will no longer be disassemblable and won't be automatically disassembled when having the "Scrapper" perk.
  • Player will now properly have a chance of looting a weapon attachment with the "Mech Looter" perk.
In all robots that I have encounter in 1.3 until now, I was able to loot the common components in their inventories (impossble in 1.23 and before). And for weapon's mods, I don't have this perk, but I try it before, I sometimes, I was able to loot some mods (but not the common components).

This actually didn't work for me. I had a drone with a legendary part on it, but couldn't loot it. Quick save and load, now the drone doesn't have the loot. I see it on the minimap, but the drone itself no longer has any icon over it. Killing me, I took the perk to be able to loot that stuff and can't :(

This actually didn't work for me. I had a drone with a legendary part on it, but couldn't loot it. Quick save and load, now the drone doesn't have the loot. I see it on the minimap, but the drone itself no longer has any icon over it. Killing me, I took the perk to be able to loot that stuff and can't :(
Yep it's only drones and not everyone.

I have the same issue, still cannot loot drones.

The only workaround I found, although I am not sure what triggered it, to go away from the remains of the drone.

Once you return, you find a "bag" where their remains were. This I could loot.

But this only triggered for me once, I don't know what are the conditions for this.

Yup The same problem here, unable to loot drones an other mechanical enemies. Rashaan87's workaround seems to be the only thing that works, moving out of render distance of the corpse causes a bag to appear upon returning then I'm able to loot.

Yea it does not work properly. The same looting issues are when the item/npc with the loot falls to the grass. Not possible to loot either. It was much worse before 1.5 not able to loot many items lying around but still not completely fixed.

Same issue here. Though i think it depends on how they land. Ive had to crouch at times to successfully loot them.

Top Bottom