Can't obtain dragon scales. Xbox360

+
Can't obtain dragon scales. Xbox360

Hello, there is a kind a glich or something in the witcher 2 EE.

I'm in Act III. I need dragon scales.

1)I can't get the one inside the sorceress' house because I wanted to rescue Triss.
2)I can't find them in one of the crates in the Temerian Quarter, because i'm in Iorveth's path.
3)I can't find The Operator, because I can't complete "From a Bygone Era" (i don't have Malget's notes.)
4)If i want to make kinslayer's armor, I have to find dragon scales, the last way to get them is to kill a dragon, but after i kill a dragon I will not need them any more. So, i can't go to kill a dragon and loot the remains of it.

What should I do ? Thank you.

Well i don't see any glitch. All i see is you missing your chances to get them.

What should you do? Load an earlier save from act 2 and get malget's notes or don't go rescuing Triss and see what happens.

This is just unfair. Game creators should have thought about this. How should i know that i am missing a chance to get dragon scales ? Game creators should make the fifth way to obtain dragon scales.

227 said:
No. This is the "consequence" in "choice and consequence."

Yep. Also, in real life, you know how sometimes you make choices, and then sometimes they have consequences you didn't see coming? That's what the game does. This isn't the only negative consequence of helping Triss instead of Philippa, and I think it's great that you essentially get punished for running off and saving your girlfriend.

guma147 said:

It's not bullscrap but like other said it's the consequences to your decisions. I know it might feel unfair but this is a mature dark RPG, the decision you makes will have consequences and you will have to live with them.

The only part here that gets even slight support from me is number 3. There is no obvious connection between the two quests, and there is almost no incentive to explore beyond the mist (I explored extensively on my first playthrough before the Enhanced Edition and failed to find anything interesting), making it only possible to finish the new EE quest by either being extremely lucky or cheating and looking answers online. If there was any kind of hint available before this moment that there might be something important to find beyond the mist, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but as it is it actually is kind of unfair to the player.

I have nothing against the fact that you can't get everything during a single playthrough, or that it takes effort to find quest components that can also be missed, but it shouldn't be possible to make a quest unbeatable before it even starts. This only causes frustration over a matter that you couldn't possibly have learned about before it's too late.

guma147 said:
1)I can't get the one inside the sorceress' house because I wanted to rescue Triss.
Did you check the house again after rescuing Triss? I seem to recall the house opening up once that quest is done, but this might not be true on Iorveth's path, and only apply to Roche's.

Did you check the house again after rescuing Triss? I seem to recall the house opening up once that quest is done, but this might not be true on Iorveth's path, and only apply to Roche's.

Thanks, where should i find this house ? There is not much info in The witcher 2 Wiki or youtube.

Sucks that I can't get dragon scales.

If there was any kind of hint available before this moment that there might be something important to find beyond the mist, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but as it is it actually is kind of unfair to the player.

He is damn right.

And not considering on this "dragon scale shit" it is still the best game I've ever played...

Well the game is fair if it comes to canon things or plot quests/items etc. But the kin slayer armor is nothing plot related, it's perfectly optional. So why should there be anything fair. I mean it doesn't chance anything in the story if you have the armor or not. If the armor would have been necessary for another quest, than I would say it is unfair, but it isn't. So don't cry about that and make priorities. That's the great thing about the game.

Actually, this has been stated to be a bug.

You're actually supposed to be allowed to get malget's notes on Iorveth's path. It's locked off in Iorveth's path because of a bug that you can't open that basement door. I don't know that the devs will patch this..

Now---if it WAS NOT locked and you forgot or didn't explore or didn't get it, FINE. That's a consequence of choice. Comes with the territory and I like this game for adding that depth.

But it's a bug. Even if (like me) you know where to look, you are still S-O-L.

That has NOTHING to do with choice.

Granted, you absolutely do not need this armor to finish the game on Dark mode. The issue is that if you buy even ONE of the Dark mode armor diagrams, it becomes a quest. Some completionists aren't okay with being unable to craft an enhanced edition gameplay armor that, logically speaking, should be accessible in both paths. Because, YES, you fail the mission if you get a diagram of Dark armor, and don't craft it.

This doesn't even include how much more complicated it is to build Chapter 2's OATHBREAKER armor if you are on Iorveth's path. I was actually completely fine having to craft my own studded leather items because they are not sold in Vergen. I didn't mind that at all because--yeah---different playthrough and all that jazz. But the KINSLAYER is a different matter. I think fixing that bug would resolve the issue entirely, as you still have teh challenging battle with the Operator in Iorveth's path.

Considering you can only get Cynthia's special mission in Chapter 3 of Iorveth's path, it could've been a viable reward for killing her and looting her body after that mission. At least then it would make sense that you cannot access Malget's notes in chapter 2 of Iorveth's path----as they would both be missions exclusive to their respective paths.

Frankly, I'm not really butt-hurt about this, I'm just stating how I feel this should've been handled. The only reason I care is because:

1) I wonder if it can be transferred in the next game
2) To me, It's the sickest looking armor in the game, and I'd love to be able to start Witcher 3 wearing it, even if it gets ridiculously nerfed. Again, I just love the look.

So yeah. If you know from the beginning of your dark playthrough that you will be choosing Iorveth and saving Triss, I honestly think you are better off not bothering with building the Kinslayer.

Sad, but true.

(cont.)

If you want to choose Iorveth's path, and want to save Triss, AND if you have no desire to become laughably overpowered with the full KINSLAYER armor, then there is another alternative:

Craft only what you want from the KINSLAYER set.

The dragon scale is ONLY necessary for the crafting of the KINSLAYER BOOTS. So if, like me, your desire for this armor is purely cosmetic, then don't buy the boots. Buy the armor, buy the gauntlets, buy the pants---that's it. Forget the swords and the shoes. And no, you will not slowly die if you don't have teh swords. The ONLY time the swords will drain your life is if you draw one of them and you DO NOT have the other on your back.

for example: If you draw the sword MOURNER, but you DO NOT have the sword WEEPER equipped and on your back, you will start losing life until you sheath MOURNER. But if you do not equip either weapon, you do not lose life. I discovered this when I would equip less powerful swords because the game was getting too easy.

Yes, you still fail the quest this way, so if that matters to you don't do this. Otherwise, who cares? You will most likely be level 35, or be 1-2 levels away from it, so it won't matter if you miss the XP for completing the quest.

Anyway, that's a possible course of action if all you care about is what Geralt looks like. Also, if you decide to do this, the ONLY dark mode armor you should invest in are the Oathbreaker boots in Chapter 2. Keeps those, and then spend Chapter 2 getting everything you need for KINSLAYER's armor, gauntlets and pants, as well as 8000+ orens.

When you start Chapter 3, grind on the first nest of gargoyles until you get your 9 garoyle dusts. This way, once you get to the Town Square, you can get your apparel right away.

Salud

(cont.)

EDIT: MY apologies. I made an error. It's the KINSLAYER TROUSERS that need the dragon scales. You can make the armor, gauntlets and boots, but its the trousers that need 1 dragon scale.

Again, you can build the KINSLAYER armor, KINSLAYER boots and KINSLAYER gauntlets. You only need the dragon scale for the KINSLAYER trousers.

Sorry 'bout that.

there must be a way to get it back, becource the quest is nither faild og complited,, the game shuld say quest failed, if it was inpossible to get back

Top Bottom