Can't pick up money [PC]

+
I did a new game for 1.2 and I'm doing The Rescue. The couch that is in the apartment has money on it, I cannot pick it up. Same with the box on the floor next to computer in the office area that contains money. I've tried crouching, uncrouching, changing my position, jumping, getting on the same level, and reloading. Can't pick it up. There is never the icon to register that I can, and mashing the F key doesn't do anything.

Last edited:
Seconded - also had trouble picking up a few of the eddie rolls you find in the rescue mission for example, ie closs to where the scav leader is standing in the beginning.

That is despite the item pickup in general being much improved.

This was already an issue before 1.2, but it got actually extremly worse with 1.2
I started a new game and almost every money in the world isn't lootable. It's always stuck halfway into the surface like here.
CP1.jpg

I have the same problem. Even with 1.21 patch there is a problem of picking up some items especially money. This is an important gameplay element for me, so I'm really waiting a fix.

Last edited:
Yes more frequent since 1.2 :(
Hitbox problem i think (money have a realy tiny one) and is "in" the element under.
In my opinion, all of them were placed "manually", so not easy to solve.

But i finish the game in 1.2 and it's not a real problem. Just sell alcohol and your will forget this little problem ;)

Yep, happens a lot.

Some items became pickable with the last patches (especially junk ones) but made others unpickable. Stims, money and some weapons mostly.

It is strange because before patch 1.2 those items could be picked up. And if all those items are entirely placed "by hand" then why the developers have changed them at the wrong place "by hand"? Look at this video for example. The player was able to pick up money from the floor but now it is impossible.

It is strange because before patch 1.2 those items could be picked up. And if all those items are entirely placed "by hand" then why the developers have changed them at the wrong place "by hand"? Look at this video for example. The player was able to pick up money from the floor but now it impossible.
Problem of hitbox size, all the glitched items are "in" the background (or furniture).
Maybe they change the hitbox size of the money.
(if what i said make sense) :D

So, if they need just change hitbox size of those glitched items than it takes no much time as many people think. That's why I thought this glitch would get fixed quickly. And I hope that it will be so.

So, if they need just change hitbox size of those glitched items than it takes no much time as many people think. That's why I thought this glitch would get fixed quickly. And I hope that it will be so.
I don't know if it's easy or not, but whatever. Just few eddies lost, it's not too bad and too important :)
There is more to do in game than to correct some non-pickable eddies.

I don't even want to continue the game, because I am sure that I will not be able to pick up in the future not only bundles of money, but also something else, and in large quantities. And this is already a very important glitch, it seems to me. Even in this thread, people already wrote that stims, money and some weapons mostly is not picked up either. And I don't understand why the developers are fixing rare bugs of quests, but not fixing a common bug of picking up item.
Yesterday I wrote to the developers about this error, I sent them my save file, as indicated in the form of sending, to which they replied to me to write on the forum. Why then did I send them the save file? I don't understand, there is no sense in this. Vicious circle.

Last edited:
I don't even want to continue the game, because I am sure that I will not be able to pick up in the future not only bundles of money, but also something else, and in large quantities. And this is already a very important glitch, it seems to me. Even in this thread, people already wrote that stims, money and some weapons mostly is not picked up either. And I don't understand why the developers are fixing rare bugs of quests, but not fixing a common bug of picking up item.
Yesterday I wrote to the developers about this error, I sent them my save file, as indicated in the form of sending, to which they replied to me to write on the forum. Why then did I send them the save file? I don't understand, there is no sense in this. Vicious circle.
I don't know who said some weapons...
For money, it happens but it only represents very little money in view of what you can earn elsewhere (i can estimate, I couldn't pick up 10k eddies out of the 1.5 million I have at the end of the game).
For weapons, there less than 10 in total (and there are just commons one, maybe on rare in NorthSide). it's nothing compared to what you can loot.

I can understand, it's little bit frustrating. But honestly it's not serious at all :)
(not to mention the items/money that you won't be able to loot because you won't have the skill to open a door, or other objects/money in area that you won't have to explore)

Last edited:
I was that one!

Yeah it is a small percentage but frustrating. Almost every gig location has 1-2 unpickable items.

yeah I've noticed an increase in things being half way and stuck more since 1.22 ...guns, money, inhalers...

yeah I've noticed an increase in things being half way and stuck more since 1.22 ...guns, money, inhalers...
Me i'm not noticed more with weapons (but all of i seen before in 1.1x/1.2/1.21 was commons, uncommons and 1/2 rares), wathever it's nothing interesting.
For money/inhalers, yes. Sometimes, just break (if it's possible) what they are stuck in. Or not aiming directly them (larger pickup area in 1.2/1.21).

Honestly, for me, few eddies lost like this, it's nothings (the perk who dismantle junk who cost 750 eddies is more ennoying) :(

Post your bug-report HERE:

The developers do NOT read these forums much, or at all. If you want stuff to be fixed, spamming the forums won't help. Only when they're aware of what is happening, can they fix things. Post screen-shots and locations for each item that is bugged with a filename that is easily memorable (preferably Item/Room/Location/City-part) so they can sort them out easily.

Don't expect things to be fixed by only posting on the forums. I hope everyone of you who have posted reads this and remember for future reference.

Don't expect things to be fixed by only posting on the forums. I hope everyone of you who have posted reads this and remember for future reference.
Did you see my comment above? "Yesterday I wrote to the developers about this error (in tech support), I sent them my save file, as indicated in the form of sending, to which they replied to me to write on the forum. Why then did I send them the save file? I don't understand, there is no sense in this. Vicious circle."
So, here it is:

Falran (GOG.com)
Apr 28, 2021, 20:31 GMT+2
Hello again VerterVantso,
Many thanks for bringing the attention to this forum thread.
It seems that there have indeed been reported issues in regards to The Rescue mission.
Please could you clarify if you have purchased the game through our store? If so then you will have the possibility to revert back to a previous version. Otherwise, please get in touch directly with the store you have purchased Cyberpunk at alternatively please reach out directly to the developers through the official forums.
All the best,
Falran

GOG Tech Support Representative

Top Bottom