Can't play Act III :(

+
Can't play Act III :(

The game has run ok on low settings up to act III. But as soon as I leave Triss' house and enter the new part of the city for Act III, I get like 1-3 Frames per second. I have tried all the performance suggestions I could find on this forum(windowed, high priority, 800X600, all low settings, page file tweaking) but I can barely move. Anyone else have issues with ACT III running on their PC? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 2.4GHZ1GB RAM256 RADEONWindows XP

Most of us have lag issue with chapter 3 & later in chapter 5, due to the amount of NPC's. You could can test it yourself, day time you will experience some lag in certain areas of the trade quarter but during the night this changes and it is lag free. Moreover you will need to add more RAM, with 1GB, you will have very, very, very slow frame rates.

So playing at night, or adding RAM are my only options? Wish I could lower the amount of useless NPCs

you might want to add your complaints to this thread, too:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7849.0

Let me test something and get back with you... :)I might have found something that helps a bit in Vizima

Playing at night does help a bunch. During the day I can barely move. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom