Can't play after main quest.

+
Hey fellows!

I have a question regarding Cyberpunk I'm a day-1 player, I literally have been through every single side quest, and then I stopped playing right before the final quest. Now I came back to finish what I was doing (thanks Edgerunner), got my final, and the char got a rollback with items before the "ending" (meeting Hanako at Embers), but basically, the character is an NPC. I still have the main quest (Hanako) but I can only walk or buy clothes, all the side quests disappeared (minor contracts and such). I know there was a "point of no return", but I chose to return back. Now my main char is useless, you can only walk in Night City. We all know there will be a major update soon and I'd like to keep playing with my main char, which is the one I'm feeling more attached to. I've sent a ticket to CDPR support but it's been a week and I got no reply whatsoever.

I cannot load an old saved file as the oldest I have is right in the elevator when the final quest begins. Basically my char is useless, I can't draw weapons, don't have my health bar, if I try to call someone I can hear the phone ringing but no one replies and the map is EMPTY. Is it a bug? Is there a way I can get back an old saved file and restore the run? I invested 70+hrs on that char...

I'm really clueless and the support is not replying to me. There's no way to check the ticket now as they only ask you for an email, so you can't track your own tickets anymore, they'll "get back to you asap".

Thanks a lot for the help <3

Upvote 0
So I assume it's a (very) "old" save ?
You reinstalled the game ? Or simply updated it in 1.6 ?
At first, if it's not already done, I suggest to verify the game files (the first thing to do).

Upvote 0
It's indeed an old save xD but before getting to the final, I actually played for a whole week. I saved the game several times, used that saved files to load my game, and didn't have any issue. I got the issue only when I finished the main quest.
I didn't reinstall the game, I kept it updated patches by patches because I always thought "yeah, I'll play it again as soon as possible" :')

I already verified the integrity (I have the game on Steam), but nothing to report :/ all the files are fine...

Upvote 0
It's indeed an old save xD but before getting to the final, I actually played for a whole week. I saved the game several times, used that saved files to load my game, and didn't have any issue. I got the issue only when I finished the main quest.
I didn't reinstall the game, I kept it updated patches by patches because I always thought "yeah, I'll play it again as soon as possible" :')

I already verified the integrity (I have the game on Steam), but nothing to report :/ all the files are fine...
Ok, so if you updated the game on previous updates, and so on each times, it's maybe a good idea to perform a clean install to be sure (not simply uninstall/reinstall with the launcher).

Upvote 0
I'll try this solution and I'll let you know! Thanks a lot for the help, super appreciated :cry:
Post automatically merged:

So, I've just tried. I followed the entire process and reinstalled the game, nothing happened. I'm still an NPC :(
Do you think that if I reload the automatic save (the oldest i have which starts at the beginning of the main quest) and I change the ending, it might resolve the issue without doing a character from scratch?

At this point I don't really know what to do more... :giveup:

Ok, so if you updated the game on previous updates, and so on each times, it's maybe a good idea to perform a clean install to be sure (not simply uninstall/reinstall with the launcher).
So... I also tried by playing the main quest from my oldest save, got a different ending, chose the rollback, but nothing changed, I have the same problem. This is a hell of a bug tho...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So... I also tried by playing the main quest from my oldest save, got a different ending, chose the rollback, but nothing changed, I have the same problem. This is a hell of a bug tho...
Annoying, @imdavey encountered the same issue, and unfortunately, like you, was unable to fix it :(
I just finished the game, and clicked "just one gig" after the credits. Now i can't call my vehicles, can't right/left click my weapon, can't use heal/grenades, and i can't jump.
So I recommend to send a ticket to the support to help the CDPR to figure out why it happen and fix it in the next hotfix/patch/update (more reports, the better). Don't forget to include your save file (could be very helpful).
Closest category > "Contact Us" button

Upvote 0
Yeah I've sent a ticket already, it's been a week and I didn't get a reply yet. I'll keep waiting, but I guess I have to do the character again from zero. Such a disappointment, I really wanted to keep my main char T_T
However, thanks a lot for the help and the useful tips, at least we tried! :D

Upvote 0
Yeah I've sent a ticket already, it's been a week and I didn't get a reply yet. I'll keep waiting, but I guess I have to do the character again from zero. Such a disappointment, I really wanted to keep my main char T_T
However, thanks a lot for the help and the useful tips, at least we tried! :D
A bit of patience, just after an update, the support should receive a fair amount of reports.
(It's a little bit more complicated than a visual/sound issue, and I'm not sure a quick answer like "thanks for the report, we'll looking into to it" would be really useful/helpful)
Keep us in touch ;)

Upvote 0
Whenever there is a full DLC update, (Unless new DLC has details) you must start a new game for the new DLC to work. The new DLC will not work for your old saves. DLC and PATCH is not the same thing. They are compatible but may not work with old saves. It has been done for 10 years now on many games, i don't understand how many of you haven't acknowledged that yet.

Upvote 0
For what little it is worth, I've stumbled on the cause. It's due to moving to quickly into the elevator at embers. I ran into this exact issue and in my attempts at trouble shooting I noticed that the "Point of No Return" save from the first time I did the endgame was outside the elevator while the new one was inside.

So, I loading up my manual save (I'm paranoid and have a metric ton of backup save for just such an occasion) and just paused a moment before entering the elevator. Checked and yep, the new PoNR save was outside, not inside, and I just finished redoing the Sun ending and everything works fine after hitting "One more Gig" now.

So yeah, that's the issue. The autosave for the 'Point of No Return' screwed up. Nothing to do with being on an old character (mine is from 1.31 for example and everything up to that was working fine).

Upvote 0
Got the same problem, I look like an NPC is there a real fix?

For what little it is worth, I've stumbled on the cause. It's due to moving to quickly into the elevator at embers. I ran into this exact issue and in my attempts at trouble shooting I noticed that the "Point of No Return" save from the first time I did the endgame was outside the elevator while the new one was inside.

So, I loading up my manual save (I'm paranoid and have a metric ton of backup save for just such an occasion) and just paused a moment before entering the elevator. Checked and yep, the new PoNR save was outside, not inside, and I just finished redoing the Sun ending and everything works fine after hitting "One more Gig" now.

So yeah, that's the issue. The autosave for the 'Point of No Return' screwed up. Nothing to do with being on an old character (mine is from 1.31 for example and everything up to that was working fine).
This really works? I didn’t save before taking the elevator

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue here. I'm playing on a fairly recent save file (created in 1.5 I think). Just like OP, I did the ending today after completing all the side content, and now the game is pacified and I can't use weapons/double-jump/sandy as if I'm in the middle of a scripted event. Enemies are just immobile all around Night City. I can do regular actions like fast travel, sleep, use drop points, but vendors are completely gone.

Though I can go back to Embers and trigger the ending. Tried doing the shorter ending, didn't fix it (fun fact, the doors opened while the elevators was still up so I fell through the map, maybe it's related, like the map didn't refresh after the game ended or something). I'll try an ending that implies combat to see if it does anything and send a ticket later on.

EDIT: Going through the Star ending did not fix this. Though the bug wasn't present during the ending, only in the open-world

Last edited:
Top Bottom