Can't play Cyberpunk as disabled person

+
I can confirm that the hex-editing solution works for me to have Voice Attack work for the Steam-edition of CP2077.

Took 3 min to fix having never used a hex-editor before.

I did:
1. Search for and download a free hex-editor.

2. Install editor, open the CP2077.

3. Use Find > Hex > 41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 01 0F 85

4. Change the two numbers so the string ends up 41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 02 0F 84

5. Save and exit

6. Open voice attack and load the CP2077 profile.

7. Start CP2077 directly from the exe, without going through Steam or the launcher.

VA Works like magic!

Massive thanks to all of you who contributing finding the solution.

So it doesn't work if you launch through steam?

I can confirm that the hex-editing solution works for me to have Voice Attack work for the Steam-edition of CP2077.

I did:

2. Install editor, open the CP2077.

4. Change the two numbers so the string ends up 41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 02 0F 84

5. Save and exit

7. Start CP2077 directly from the exe, without going through Steam or the launcher.

VA Works like magic!

I just played 2 hours with Xpadder due to this. I encourage people to go thank the creator on reddit for their hard work.

Guest 4456526

So it doesn't work if you launch through steam?

Haven't tried, but I read somewhere that you should bypass the launcher. That's why I do it this way.

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure you can set a launch-option to have Steam bypass the launcher. I don't know the parameter, but it was written out in one of the forums. Either on Steam CP2077 discussions, reddit, here somewhere, or on the Voice Attack forums. Don't remember where exactly.

Haven't tried, but I read somewhere that you should bypass the launcher. That's why I do it this way.

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure you can set a launch-option to have Steam bypass the launcher. I don't know the parameter, but it was written out in one of the forums. Either on Steam CP2077 discussions, reddit, here somewhere, or on the Voice Attack forums. Don't remember where exactly.

Oppai's fix is working with the gog-version.

I can finally play with kinesicmouse. Thank you oppai. :love::love: and shame on CDPR. The issue with epilepsy warnings was fixed asap.

I did:

2. Install editor, and open Cyberpunk2077.exe in said editor.

5. Save and exit

VA Works like magic!

It works fine for me too with GOG version. Many thanks guys!
Is there any way to get the on-screen keyboard working in overlay?

Hi all,

I am Mark and legally blind(Diabetic Peripheral Nueropathy,its hit my eyes and hands and feet,losing vision and numbness and nerve damage in my hands,somw fingers in my mouse hand and feet,have to wear thick socks and construction boots outside and inside our home ,cannot use anything sharp,no knives,etc,as a bruise or cut on my feet could lead to gangrene and amputation as cuts and bruises with DPN can be fatal,and the pain is excruciating to put it mildly think of a burning needling type pain,and no cure, and, It slowly spreads like wildfire through the body. Many [of the roughly one in seven diabetics who get DPN] commit suicide early on even with strong pain management, and Yes I am also on CBD Oil,it helps but is not a silver bullet)

I use a FeelWorld Master 8" 1920x1200x60Hz HDMI Camera Monitor to play PC Games ,any screen larger then that I cant see while playing unless I move my head around to take in the view..... So the use of a regular LCD monitor (15.6" to 27"- 32"-75" TV,etc...) is impossible in a practical sense,and I am severely color blind,thankfully CDPR has handled that part well,and I have it enabled. My vision is severally impaired I have Cataracts and Glaucoma in both eyes ,anything beyond 3 inches away is a extremely blurry mess,and anything closer then a inch is worse. As well my peripheral vision is almost zero. I requested here on the Official Forums last year that in game text and menu text be configurable in size, color, and transparency levels. A dev assured those of us that asked that these things WOULD BE IN THE RETAIL COPY of the game on launch. UT2004 had these abilities,when the game was launched by Epic 15~ YEARS AGO.

Please CDPR,get all these things straightened away,asap. Since the 1.04 "Hotfix" my game will NOT launch. Under version 1.03 I had the occasional 'Flatline' to desktop,BUT it would launch and run well,with a few minor visual glitches (Kirk at El Coyote,his glasses and right ear are bright blood red,very distracting....and a bit of pop in for cars,and NCPD officers spawning in right in front of me,which were also very immersion breaking,a few NPC's faces do not move when they talk! aka NO Facial animations,that fancy facial animation software seems broken and some quests do not work!_) I love this game but it clearly needed a few extra months in the oven.

Unfortunately my Freepie solution doesn't work with the solution :( I use Freepie to simulate my mouse and keyboard inputs as an Xbox controller so that I can steer the cars with my mouse. Unfortunately, Cyberpunk does not recognize these inputs ...

Last edited:
Like many others, I can't use voicemacro or voiceattack and thus I am am unable to play Cyberpunk 2077. Don't really see the point of blocking third party when it's a single player game. Many people use third party apps to help them play games or use a pc in general because of a disability or other. Kind of shocked that for Cyberpunk 2077, assistive technology is not possible to use at the moment. I hope this issue gets fixed, I was really excited for this game!

I have the Epic Games version of CP2077

To the developers of Cyberpunk 2077, my name is Troy. I've been a gamer for almost 30 + years, and I've spent 24 of those years disabled. I have enjoyed CD Projekt red games since the very first Witcher came out and used the Aurora engine that was built from the Neverwinter Nights engine and thought it was a complete technical Marvel. When I found out that cyberpunk 2077 was coming out and you guys were making it, I was too excited. Still, I was also apprehensive because most game developers, when they make a game with vehicles in it, don't incorporate Mouse control steering and expect everyone to use a controller. Now I have written to you guys on several separate occasions pleading and begging you to please incorporate Mouse control steering into your game, hoping that you would hear me and understand my plight. But as usual, my pleading and begging have fallen on deaf ears and blind eyes 2 people who don't care about disabled gamers, and that's what I see when you don't incorporate something as simple as Mouse control steering into your game. I hope with all my heart that you see this message and understand how simple a Fix-It can be to do what I ask.

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

I really was with you till the last line. I'm sorry but I can't condone blackmailing. Anyways I'm sure they'll work something out to fix problems with controls (that not only disabled people are having atm, trust me).

In my experience trying to threaten anybody will not result in the response you are looking for. I'm with nikolaskelset on this one. You had me captivated untill that last line.

I am disabled with severe active arthritis and can not use a keyboard to play games. I use and old controller "The Claw" that needs a path to the .exe file of every game I played in the last 20 years!
This needs to be fixed as many disabled people are being treated unfairly if not outright discrimination!
Shame on those who block controllers for PC in order to boost console sales!

Wow at first changing the new line did nothing so was sad. Tried the first line and virtual keyboard input worked. So I changed both line and it worked perfectly allowing keyboard and mouse virtual input. Thank you so much!!

The lines
41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 01 0F 85 -> 41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 02 0F 84
36 8B 07 90 85 C0 75 26 -> 8B 44 24 54 85 C0 75 26
both needed to be changed for it to work for me.

Yay~~~

Last edited:
Like many others, I can't use voicemacro or voiceattack and thus I am am unable to play Cyberpunk 2077. Don't really see the point of blocking third party when it's a single player game. Many people use third party apps to help them play games or use a pc in general because of a disability or other. Kind of shocked that for Cyberpunk 2077, assistive technology is not possible to use at the moment. I hope this issue gets fixed, I was really excited for this game!

I have the Epic Games version of CP2077
As stated it probably wasn't intentional. When you use voiceattack does the camera get jerked around instead? This has been shown to be the case for other people with virtual keyboard inputs including volume controls, myself included, which means that the game accepts virtual inputs but interprets them all the same.

Same same... As a quadriplegic gamer, I too am very disappointed & pissed that this game is pretty much unplayable due to its totally unnecessary key mapping failings & also it's locking out of external devices & programs that help disabled gamers play.

I have been using an X-keys 8-stick rack that I modified into a chin controller for nigh on a decade now with little to no problem on most games big & small. I can sometimes play without, as I have learned to the hard way (a Stick shoved into a splint on each hand), as I have good arm movement but no hand function. But it's difficult & frustrating & sometimes impossible without the assistance of augmentation, especially in the latter stages as games progressively get harder.

Since my X-keys chin controller augmentation, my gaming has become 1000 fold better & far less frustrating & therefore so much more fun. It has allowed me to play games much more freely, even play multiplayer games where I just couldn't before.

These failings on behalf of the developers should be fixed as soon as possible or I too will add myself to the ranks requesting a refund.

For a game that's very storyline revolves around the premise of virtual people augmenting themselves to better play, compete & survive in the world not allowing the actual players to do the same (even when a total necessity) is a real & cruel kick in the teeth... The irony here is agonising.

In my experience, trying to threaten anybody will not result in the response you are looking for. I'm with nikolaskelset on this one. You had me captivated untill that last line.
Considering I contacted them about half a dozen times or so, and they said they were on it, what do you propose I do? I can pretty much guarantee you they don't give a shyte about disabled Gamers playing their games. If they did, they would have put that put the simple line of code in to make the game more accessible to disabled gamers.

can we please do something about the controls for console players. I've been paying FPS all my life and almost every single one that i have played have had the same fluid mechanics for controls when it comes to looking around, aiming down sights, and driving. I've played around with the settings to try to fix it but it doesn't quite get the job done. The controls are either to sensitive or not sensitive enough, for example when i have to put a iron sight on an enemies head and it takes me a milling micro adjustments of the joy stick to even get it close enough to the head and then with driving i barely touch the left or right and it wants to make a 90 degree turn, also to turn the other direction to corse correct and it does it so quick and is super out of control,

[...] You could get some rudder pedals for a flight sim or look into the xbox disability controller

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom