Can't play Cyberpunk as disabled person

+
Thread is pinned now, it will not get buried. No need for "bump" posts anymore, they are just spammy. Further such posts, saying nothing of actual content, will be deleted.

Arguing moderation will also result in deleted posts, as it's against the forum rules.

thank you so much

Got links to various topics bringing up the issue of inputs not playing nice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/kaaqsz https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/ka5b7w https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/kaca39
And youtube video showing the issue around 38 minutes in

Then there is twitter, which gets harder to track.

Hoping this doesn't get ignored.

also https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/2988665684325349632/?tscn=1607665283

Somebody on Reddit managed to fix it somewhat. If you follow these instructions the keyboard will work again. Here's the link to the Reddit post and here's what the instructions are below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/kaca39

I reverse engineered this and fixed it. It's a bug in their raw input code and not related to anti-cheat. Here's technical explanation:
To fix this yourself, grab a hex editor and use the find and replace bytes function to find this:

41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 01 0F 85

and replace it with this:

41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 02 0F 84

Note that the .exe must still by named "Cyberpunk2077.exe" or the game will crash on startup.

EDIT: Keyboard is fixed but mouse input may still not work, looking into it.
can you please give an .exe with replaced code?

As a disabled gamer playing on a PS4, CP2077 has accessibility barriers. We need:

Toggles for aiming/scanning.
- Hacking is crucial in the game but without a toggle, it is energy-sapping & tiring. Especially as you have to hold scan, choose a hack & then click SQ to use the ability.

Button Remapping
- The issue with button remapping is that different actions rely on either tap or hold. For example, I want to swap CIRCLE dodge/crouch to R2 Throw/Aim gadgets but you can't aim whilst pressing face buttons.

Limit Dpad usage
- Using the Dpad to choose between dialogue options or Hacking controls during combat is tiring/difficult, there needs to be an alternative way to do so.

Somebody on Reddit managed to fix it somewhat. If you follow these instructions the keyboard will work again. Here's the link to the Reddit post and here's what the instructions are below.

I reverse engineered this and fixed it. It's a bug in their raw input code and not related to anti-cheat. Here's technical explanation:
To fix this yourself, grab a hex editor and use the find and replace bytes function to find this:

Note that the .exe must still by named "Cyberpunk2077.exe" or the game will crash on startup.

Yes, can't believe it. This is the solution. Just tried this myself with the GOG version of Cyberpunk 2077. The game is now accepting virtual input from GlovePIE and IRIS as it should.

Another disabled gamer here that relies on VoiceBot command software to play ALL other games. I don't understand how the Witcher series had full support for Voice command software and other 3rd party programs.

Please CDPR make this top priority in hotfixes.

As a disabled gamer playing on a PS4, CP2077 has accessibility barriers. We need:

Toggles for aiming/scanning.
- Hacking is crucial in the game but without a toggle, it is energy-sapping & tiring. Especially as you have to hold scan, choose a hack & then click SQ to use the ability.

Button Remapping
- The issue with button remapping is that different actions rely on either tap or hold. For example, I want to swap CIRCLE dodge/crouch to R2 Throw/Aim gadgets but you can't aim whilst pressing face buttons.

Limit Dpad usage
- Using the Dpad to choose between dialogue options or Hacking controls during combat is tiring/difficult, there needs to be an alternative way to do so.

oh jeez it doesn't have toggles?

Yes, can't believe it. This is the solution. Just tried this myself with the GOG version of Cyberpunk 2077. The game is now accepting virtual input from GlovePIE and IRIS as it should.
It was working great for me but I close the game to post this and when I reopened it and went back to not responding again. I tried to re-edit the executable but now it's refusing to work. Not sure what happened. I'm using the steam version though so maybe that's the problem.

LOL, that's actually very immersive for such kind of a game :D

It was working great for me but I close the game to post this and when I reopened it and went back to not responding again. I tried to re-edit the executable but now it's refusing to work. Not sure what happened. I'm using the steam version though so maybe that's the problem.
I restarted the GOG version and it's still working.

Hey, bumping you cause if you can have Xpadder to work on this game you might have the solution to help a lot of people.
How do you do that sir?

If I can see the problems and figure out the difference between the one that works and the one that doesn't then I should be able to help

If anyone is wondering, both freepie and glovepie need virtual input fix to work too otherwise it just jerks your camera around. was hoping to use my voice to answer the phone, read messages and summon my "not roach".

I think you just gave us more hope than anyone. If it's a code bug, they can easily fix it.

On the other hand, I'd just like to express how monumentally odd it is for them to block all these input methods in the name of CHEATING. It's a single player game, let people cheat if they want to.

Adding my voice to the thread, My disability makes it so I can't use an external mouse, so I use my laptop's touchpad.

How is this the first game in my 15 years of buying gaming laptops, to mess up touchpad support? Especially baffling as this is a CD Project Red game, and I've played all of the Witcher games on laptops, with touchpads, just fine.

What happened to you, CDPR?

I restarted the GOG version and it's still working.
I was just tinkering with it trying to figure out what was wrong and got it working again. I was using alt+enter to window the screen to turn on my voice commands and when I went back into the game the keyboard stopped working. They have to be turned on I ahead of time to not run into trouble. My mouse doesn't work without tabbing out of the game though so hopefully the Reddit poster can make a temporary fix for the mouse as well

Top Bottom