Can't play the game after 1.05 update

+
I bought the game on steam and was playing it fine, only minor bugs and minor performance issues, but ever since update 1.05 I cannot open the game because it says "not enough free disk space". I do have at least 20gb free in my SSD, so this comes as a surprise, specially since the patch is only 1.7gb. The game asks for extra 47gb, and it is now occupying 69.9. I don't have that kind of space on my SSD.
Any idea how can I play the game again? I don't care if I continue playing the old version, my specs are not even the minimum and I can run the game on high at 1080p with no issues. I asked this on steam forum, but administrator deleted my post, which is the same as this one, only slightly shorter. Please help me.

iCake

Forum veteran
Unfortunately I don't quite understand what the problem here is. Is it that you can't update the game due to the update asking for more free space than you have? If so, just don't update? I'm sorry if I sound rude here, but I just don't get what the problem is. Maybe I'm dense or something but could you elaborate a little here?

Generally speaking, if your SSD is operating at less than 25 percent free, you're decreasing it's overall life hours remaining.

That being said, generally patches may be of one size, but then need additional space to unpack temp files.

Your best solution is to get another drive and move the install path using Steam Client.

Hi Retax7,

Do this.
Uninstall the game completely: This will free up your SSD space.
Then re-download and install again: This will install the new 1.05 version of the game.

You would have to do this every time there is an update.
Because the update requires free space nearly the same size as your fresh install: Meaning double the install space.

Hope this helps.

I bought the game on steam and was playing it fine, only minor bugs and minor performance issues, but ever since update 1.05 I cannot open the game because it says "not enough free disk space". I do have at least 20gb free in my SSD, so this comes as a surprise, specially since the patch is only 1.7gb. The game asks for extra 47gb, and it is now occupying 69.9. I don't have that kind of space on my SSD.
Any idea how can I play the game again? I don't care if I continue playing the old version, my specs are not even the minimum and I can run the game on high at 1080p with no issues. I asked this on steam forum, but administrator deleted my post, which is the same as this one, only slightly shorter. Please help me.

Hi Retax7,

Do this.
Then re-download and install again: This will install the new 1.05 version of the game.

Because the update requires free space nearly the same size as your fresh install: Meaning double the install space.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response, I will try that and get back to you, It seems stupid that each update needs 120+ gb. That isn't like that for any other game in steam, not even the witcher 3, which is a cd project red game.

The issue is clear but the circumstances are very vague to your question.

1. I would try to Verify and Validate game files and cache in the game properties of steam.

Hi Retax7,

Do this.

Hope this helps.

If this does not help :
1. Post your PC specs in detail.
2. If you can, show us your memory partitions.
3. Did you ever dual boot your system or ever ran Virtual Machines?
4. Show us game log files and crash logs.
5. Any relevant screenshots to the issue happening.

Hi AnuragParcha,

Its a known problem: The steam update process will complain if there is not enough disk space to update the game.
Workaround for this, is to uninstall the game completely, and then download and install again.

The new download will be already updated to 1.05 version, thereby enabling you to skip the update process entirely.

Here is one person from steam forums describing the issue:
"Why does every update essentially reinstall the whole game or take up double the space? "

The issue is clear but the circumstances are very vague to your question.

1. I would try to Verify and Validate game files and cache in the game properties of steam.

If this does not help :
1. Post your PC specs in detail.
2. If you can, show us your memory partitions.
3. Did you ever dual boot your system or ever ran Virtual Machines?
4. Show us game log files and crash logs.
5. Any relevant screenshots to the issue happening.

Hi AnuragParcha,

Its a known problem: The steam update process will complain if there is not enough disk space to update the game.
Workaround for this, is to uninstall the game completely, and then download and install again.

The new download will be already updated to 1.05 version, thereby enabling you to skip the update process entirely.

Here is one person from steam forums describing the issue:
"Why does every update essentially reinstall the whole game or take up double the space? "

Ah okay I see, I was just suggesting if that does not work then they could try what I suggested, didn't know it was a common issue.

Top Bottom