Can't pull out weapons or use healing/throwable items

+
For some reason I can't pull out any of my weapons or use any of my gadgets. On top of that, any time I get a status effect like the knockdown effect or breach effect after hacking someone, it gets stuck at 0.3. I got them to go away eventually by dying or getting hit by cars, but I still can't pull out my weapons. I can't load any prior saves since I had been doing a few non-combat missions for a while (where I didn't have to pull out my weapons, so I never noticed).

Have any of you had this issue before or know how to fix it?

I have this issue occasionally (I'm playing on the Xbox one s). I notice it mostly when I've just exited my vehicle. All I need to do it get back in the vehicle, wait a couple seconds, then exit again, and that seems to fix the issue most of the time. If not, save the game, then close/reopen the game and it should work.

I have this issue occasionally (I'm playing on the Xbox one s). I notice it mostly when I've just exited my vehicle. All I need to do it get back in the vehicle, wait a couple seconds, then exit again, and that seems to fix the issue most of the time. If not, save the game, then close/reopen the game and it should work.

Unfortunately getting in and out of vehicles doesn't fix it, and neither does restarting the game no matter how many times I do it. For some reason when I load back into my playthrough, it just loads back the bug too after a few seconds. I still can't pull any weapons out or use any gadgets before then.

I am on pc and I have the same problem.
When I hold alt to see my weapon wheel, on the left I see

Status Effects

Knockdown
Mvt Disabled, Shooting Disabled

And it’s stuck like that. I can’t use my weapons, means I can’t play. It’s a terrible bug.

I'm having the same issue. Felt like I was one of the few people really loving the game until now.. I know there's a lot of factors that went into the game being buggy so not complaining a lot but it's just kind of depressing when something like that breaks your save almost 50 hours in. Hope they've got a fix soon in one of the upcoming updates. Tried all the obvious fixes already and nothing still. Maybe playing deus ex for a while will work.

Edit: It did start working again but I had to load a really really old save. No idea if that was even what fixed it but oh well.

For some reason I can't pull out any of my weapons or use any of my gadgets. On top of that, any time I get a status effect like the knockdown effect or breach effect after hacking someone, it gets stuck at 0.3. I got them to go away eventually by dying or getting hit by cars, but I still can't pull out my weapons. I can't load any prior saves since I had been doing a few non-combat missions for a while (where I didn't have to pull out my weapons, so I never noticed).

I found a solution that worked for me! Reloading the game, exiting stadia, and loading previous saves/dying didn't work.

I tried fast traveling and it fixed the problem. I then tested it again on a hunch and found that when I got in a car or on a bike is when it disabled those functions and when getting out it just didn't enable them.

So try fast traveling! I hope it works for you

I found a solution that worked for me! Reloading the game, exiting stadia, and loading previous saves/dying didn't work.

I tried fast traveling and it fixed the problem. I then tested it again on a hunch and found that when I got in a car or on a bike is when it disabled those functions and when getting out it just didn't enable them.

So try fast traveling! I hope it works for you
Fast traveling also work for me!!!

I also have the same problem as you that I am not able to use my weapons, nor grenades, nor the sparys of care ...
when I tried to make the trip quickly as you said, I move, the boxes where there are spary of care and grenads are in blue, when I take a step forward, they go back to red , therefore impossible to use them, nor the weapons either, I tried almost 6 hours to find the solution, not found, I am depressed not to continue the game after more than 40 hours below: '(
a solution to solve this problem will save me: D I hope to find some quickly

I also have the same problem as you that I am not able to use my weapons, nor grenades, nor the sparys of care ...
when I tried to make the trip quickly as you said, I move, the boxes where there are spary of care and grenads are in blue, when I take a step forward, they go back to red , therefore impossible to use them, nor the weapons either, I tried almost 6 hours to find the solution, not found, I am depressed not to continue the game after more than 40 hours below: '(
a solution to solve this problem will save me: D I hope to find some quickly
Try to pick up a weapon from the floor it worked for me R button if you're on pc.

Oui, je suis sur le PC, j’ai déjà essayé toutes les solutions possibles, j’étais ci-dessous essayer de trouver le problème à partir de 22 heures.m jusqu’à 7 a.m., ZÉRO possibilité de récupérer la libération de l’arme, etc, ...

Je dirai que le jeu est RIP

Je l’ai déjà fait, tout essayer, (redémarrer le jeu, désinstaller, réinstaller le jeu, recharger tous les arrêts, toutes les possibilités! ZÉRO :(

I had a situation where I couldn't shoot the equipped pistol when looking through sights. Shooting it from the hip worked, also another pistol worked while aiming, however not this particular one. Any ideas? Is it bug or did I oversee anything?

I had this same problem, saw this solution on reddit and it worked for me:

I fast traveled to my apartment, went to the melee vendor, after the talking prompt appeared I walked over the platform with the robot and when I was off the platform I could use things again. I didn't talk to the melee vendor.

I had this same problem, saw this solution on reddit and it worked for me:
I fast traveled to my apartment, went to the melee vendor, after the talking prompt appeared I walked over the platform with the robot and when I was off the platform I could use things again. I didn't talk to the melee vendor.

-ty worked for me

I have had this happen to me as well and found on Reddit my situation was linked to fast travelling in and out of the Nomad Camp. Seems some spots that restrict weapon usage have issues reapplying the weapon usage trait to your character again once you leave that area. I fixed it by accepting and completing a mission from within the Nomad camp. Some Users stated they got their weapons back by traveling via foot or car into then out of the camp.

Some others said they put everything in their stash at home then grabbed them all back and the weapons came back

I had another issue where I could not choose any of the dialog options after messing around in the Nomad Camp, but again I believe it was a function of the weapon disable since weapon changes and dialog choices can be done with the middle mouse button.

Top Bottom