Can't really enjoy the game with this framerate.

+
Can't really enjoy the game with this framerate.

I'm loving the game, but i can't really enjoy the experience with the "24 cinematic framerate" .
Sometimes the framerate becomes terrible...like when it rain,in certain areas or when there are many enemies/npc...and the game it's never completely fluid.
Not to mention the cutscenes that could not run worse than this. And the camera strutter when moving it slowly.
I'm wondering why you released the title on ps4 in these conditions ! And why the game runs so much better on XONE ?!
I trusted you CDPR...and I repeat, the game it's awesome...but i can't accept this.
Disable some effects, decrease the resolution or downgrade the game....i do not care the graphics....i need a fluid experience to enjoy the game. I don't know how, but please, you need to resolve !
Now, please, let me know if you can fix the situation or if the game will remain in the same conditions like Ubisoft did with Assassin's Creed Unity.
I hope for a honest reply.
Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly. I love the game but the awful frame rate is really hampering my enjoyment. It verges on unplayable at times, when I'm in combat during a rainstorm or in a foggy area like the bog the frame rate makes it really difficult to dodge attacks and react to what's happening in game. I'd also like to know if this is something that will be addressed. I'd happily lose some visual fidelity if it resulted in a smoother experience.

I stop playing in the 1st day because of this...its unplayable for me...Hope they fix this very soon...It´s really unacceptable in a Triple A game like this one....Game is wonderful, i want to play it so badly but, like this its impossible.

Many factors, but no one can really say what.

Is it the graphics? Visual quality? Alpha effects? Particles? could it be the resolution? Did SONY demand 1080p? Has CDPR intended a custom resolution, or 900p?

Or is it truly just optimization, and the PS4/Xbone can handle the game in It's current visual glory, and there is no need for a downgrade patch, or a lower resolution on PS4 into SUB-HD territory.

Or does CDPR have to come and be brutally honest? "The consoles suck. New generation, please. Don't cheap out on the hardware, especially the CPU. kthxbai. Sincerely, CD Projekt RED"

I believe the issues ison the process of being adressed. They know that it's a problem. And it's not from the consoles, they don't suck plus PS4 has still a great potencial the hardware doesnt suck. I play on PS4 and PC and i'm impressed by the experiences that consoles can deliver. Jus remembe that Uncharted 4 for example is still on the works and you wil see graphics on the little PS4 pushed even further...The framedrop in a game issue not a platform issue. And CD PROJEKT RED ae known for caring with theyr games after release.

Totally agree with all said here.
The horrifying FR drop is really unacceptable. On cinematics, when walking around and flip the camera, when using witcher senses, when sailing with the boat, when ONLY ONE enemy gets on fire by Igni, when trying to aim the crossbow (many times is totally impossible due to the 15-20 FR drop, for example, during the griffon fight with Vesemir).
I'm a big fan of Witcher sagas and Geralt books, but in this days I'm truly thinking on sell my TW3 and start playing DS2: Scholar of the Fist Sin 'cause of these issues making Wild Hunt barely enjoyable on PS4. So sad, but with such a broken game I don't even have any hopes that all this things can be fixed with patches.

Last edited:
@EmaSk8orDie

No offense but the game should not be downgraded, maybe it's the Sony that needs to drop the habit of demanding 1080p when the console simply can't deliver it with good fps. The game runs better on XB1 because it's 900p and could run much better on PS4 if Sony accepts 900p. With every new title Sony just try to prove itself superior to XB1 but in turn make things worse for their own users (Sadly).

Last edited:
@EmaSk8orDie

No offense but the game should not be downgraded, maybe it's the Sony that needs to drop the habit of demanding 1080p when the console simply can't deliver it with good fps. The game runs better on XB1 because it's 900p and could run much better on PS4 if Sony accepts 900p. With every new title Sony just try to prove itself superior to XB1 but in turn make things worse for their own users (Sadly).
I also think that Sony claims 1080p. And that's ridiculous if it's true. I only bought PS4 for Bloodborne ( that has the same frame problems ) but now I would like to sell it because I hate Sony politics. I can't continue to play games with the "cinematic framerate" in 1080p.
But this is not an excuse for CDPR. They can't sell a game in this conditions.They had to resolve in some way.
I would remind them that I paid 50 eur .

Last edited:
The very first thing that bugged me about this game was the frame rate. The moment I was given control in the castle room after the bath, first thing i did was pan around and saw ps3/2 style blur... ughhhhh.

However, I learned to move the character/camera in a way to minimize this effect and get a smoother experience (my eyes are sensitive to flicker). Basically, suddle inputs are well processed by this game so finessed, slow movement is very fluid and natural.

It all goes out the window during combat, but oh well, i can live with it. Dont get me wrong a framerate improvement would be most welcomed, and I havent even made it to the Griffen battle, Im taking my time visiting all the map sites and side quests first, I hear it can get pretty rough but Im hoping my playstyle will nullify most of it.

To be fair, if you want the Mona Lisa, then you pay the going rate, which is 1200-2000 for a decent rig.

@EmaSk8orDie

Oh man finally someone sees this too! This is exactly what I have been saying and preaching all along, for months now. Sony IS demanding 1080p for all their games, like for their "Who has the bigger penis" contest. Meanwhile we can't do shit about it. I would gladly play the game at 720p if it proves more fluid, this would add better framerate also, so yeah it would be great. But nope... I guess I am gonna have to sell the PS4, but crap, the whole PC building all over again makes me tired just thinking about it (in my country is expensive and hard to find good deals).

Or does CDPR have to come and be brutally honest? "The consoles suck. New generation, please. Don't cheap out on the hardware, especially the CPU. kthxbai. Sincerely, CD Projekt RED"

This game run better on PC with 7790 (lower RAW power and older architecture than PS4 GPU).This game is not optimized enough for PS4.

Hi,
Guys, im not trolling but if u have choice, play on Xbone, no dips there, only a frame pacing bug, which is easy to fix, ive got both and i can't see CDPR totally fix framerate in the low 20's on ps4, too much work....
Xbone version is always 30fps minimum, even with storms, in Novigrad etc...

The problem isn't due to the resolution, it's the way the PS4 version is programmed with framerate caps. That itself is actually a good thing, higher max framerate doesn't actually necessarily equals a smoother experience as as lurching effect can occur as it rubberbands up and down. Capping it keeps it more consistent and avoids stutters or rubberbanding as the framerate fluctuates.

To quote a recent Eurogamer article:
To start with cut-scenes, a firm 30fps line is held on PS4 during an early griffin encounter, and in practice this gives us smoother motion compared to the 35fps read-out on Xbox One (higher frame-rate does not automatically mean a better experience overall, something we've covered in-depth before).

However, the problem here is that if the PS4's frame-rate drops below this number, it instantly locks to 20fps. It's an instant switch, much like the double-buffer method of v-sync seen in Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3. In one later scene involving heavy ice effects, it's notable that Xbox One does glance this 20fps figure at a similar moment, but unlike PS4 it's able to waver up and down the scale more freely. Meanwhile, Sony's platform is stuck at this value for long stretches of a scene.

It sounds like this could be fixed by removing the 20fps cap, or at least changing how it works.

The problem isn't due to the resolution, it's the way the PS4 version is programmed with framerate caps. That itself is actually a good thing, higher max framerate doesn't actually necessarily equals a smoother experience as as lurching effect can occur as it rubberbands up and down. Capping it keeps it more consistent and avoids stutters or rubberbanding as the framerate fluctuates.

To quote a recent Eurogamer article:

It sounds like this could be fixed by removing the 20fps cap, or at least changing how it works.

What you are describing is called "double buffering" and it amazes me CDproject has used this antiquate type of Vsync on PS4. Triple buffering is the anwer then, to stop the framerate dips on PS4. Also make it 900p, I don't care about stupid pixels.

Today i fought against 8/9 nekker in a cave and the framerate drop to 20/25 ....and everytime I used signs the game stutter. It was unplayable.
Same situation in a small citadel ( i don't remember the name ) with the storm.
I decided to wait for the next patch before proceeding. And if the patch don't fix it i will get angry...

Please guys, keep report issues here. If the thread gets "hot" maybe CDPR will reply !

Last edited:
if the next patch doesnt improve things i may just get the xbox one version and see how i find that. it may have its own issues but i have watched the comparisons and in some cases it has double the fps of the ps4 in the same scene. if you watch the digital foundry video, in one scene the ps4 drops to 18-20 fps while the xbox only drops to 28. maybe it has something to do with the xbox being easier to code as CDPR have states before. they are used to working with direct x. The ps4 is equally straightforward but requires a little more work to achieve the same results. im pretty sure thats what they said in an interview. quote from eurogamer article

When asked about the differences in approach when developing for either PS4 or Xbox One, the team's experience with the DirectX API on PC stands out as an advantage in developing for the latter. "The fact that we can use DX11 on Xbox One and the PC makes some things easier," Michał Krzemiński says. "We do have to put a little extra effort into developing on the PlayStation 4, but it's nothing we can't handle and that would make development problematic."

I decided to use this as an opportunity to finish games I've been putting off.

inFAMOUS, ALIEN, Evil Within, Dragon Age. I'm not sure which one to tackle first, though. About halfway through most of those, aside from Inquisition which I'm to start over cause I deleted everything off the HDD.

It pains me as I love Witcher, and enjoying Witcher 3, but as I now go to the Bog It's beyond unplayable. It's terrible, especially when she rains... It's like 10fps - Totally unacceptable.

Top Bottom