Can't reinstall the game on ps4 pro

+
Hey there,

I have something extremely weird happening, I can’t reinstall this game on my ps4 pro. I bought it day one, installed it and did one playthrough that ended mi December. After that I put the game on a side and was waiting for some patch. Something like one month ago I had a power failure while my ps4 pro was in rest mode and it really really didn’t like it, i had to reinitialize it and delete everything that was on.

After that everything was back to normal, everything was working fine. A few days ago I felt like it was time to come back to cyberpunk so I put my data disc in my ps4 to install it again. And there big surprise, I didn’t manage to do it, it would stop after installing 23go.
So I thought maybe I still had an issue with my hdd so I took it off my ps4 to connect it to a pc and format it. I did a scan after that and everything was ok. Put it back, re installed ps4 update and tried to re install cyberpunk. Still the same shit! Everything is fine until 22go, then it start to slow down a lot and around 23go it stops and I get an error message. When I arrive around 22go it start making a lot of noise, I can hear it’s struggling.

My data disk is in perfect state, not a scratch, not even a finger print, it’s like a brand new disk. I have installed other games, from disk or ps store and everything is 100% fine, the only game i can’t install is cyberpunk.
What’s going on? Does anyone had issue or heard about something like that? Because I’m kinda confused right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I tried to find how i can send support tickets, if anyone has a direct link to this it would be really nice because I definitely need some help.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can help you since I'm playing CP 2077 on PC. That being said, I noticed that when I'm downloading an update, or when I installed the game for the first time, it's usually takes a while for the installation to complete. I remember the first time, I had the impression it was stuck, so when I checked online, I learned that I simply needed to let my PC be, in order to complete the installation process. Have you tried to let it stay that way for a while? Other than that, the only other recommendation I have is to contact technical support. Hope that helps.

That is quite odd. I'm not sure about that one. To submit a ticket, search up "Cyberpunk Support Ticket" on the web and click on "Technical Support." Select the type of issue as well as platform and fill in the details. Best of luck!

The only thing I can think of is that maybe your PS4 is measuring space needed as the disk + update from PSN, so it's working it out at 70 ish GB, rather than 23GB. And if PS4's still do the download system that requires twice the amount of free space, it could be seeing it as a 100+GB. Try installing from the disk with the Internet disconnected. If that doesn't work, try refreshing the licenses, it might be switching from disk to Internet that was throwing the error. Or the old console standby, see if you can get it working on a friend's PS4.

Hi,

sorry for the late reply nut I can't connect this forum from my phone/tablet and I don't have a PC at home.

First, thanks to all for your answers!

I'm not sure I can help you since I'm playing CP 2077 on PC. That being said, I noticed that when I'm downloading an update, or when I installed the game for the first time, it's usually takes a while for the installation to complete. I remember the first time, I had the impression it was stuck, so when I checked online, I learned that I simply needed to let my PC be, in order to complete the installation process. Have you tried to let it stay that way for a while? Other than that, the only other recommendation I have is to contact technical support. Hope that helps.

I can't let it for a while, around 22gb it slow down and make noise, once at 23.1gb I get an error message...

That is quite odd. I'm not sure about that one. To submit a ticket, search up "Cyberpunk Support Ticket" on the web and click on "Technical Support." Select the type of issue as well as platform and fill in the details. Best of luck!

Yeah this is extremely confusing, honestly I don't know what to think about.
Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is that maybe your PS4 is measuring space needed as the disk + update from PSN, so it's working it out at 70 ish GB, rather than 23GB. And if PS4's still do the download system that requires twice the amount of free space, it could be seeing it as a 100+GB. Try installing from the disk with the Internet disconnected. If that doesn't work, try refreshing the licenses, it might be switching from disk to Internet that was throwing the error. Or the old console standby, see if you can get it working on a friend's PS4.

Space can't be an issue as i tried to install the game after formatting the Hdd, means that i had literally 900Gb of free space.
I tried to install from the disc without internet, no success, I tried to install at the same time than the internet update, no success, I even tried to install the internet update alone, no success.
I don't undestand.
Tomorrow I'll give my game to a workmate, he will try to install it on his PS4.

Thanks for the help guys, if anyone have any idea, don't hesitate.

Hi there,

So I finally gave the game to one of my workmate so he can try to install it on his ps4 and he did.
He didn't encounter one single issue, everything went fine for him.

What's going on? Why can't i install it?
My ps4 works fine, I've install many game and played a lot, not one single issue...

Sent a support ticket but no answer for the moment, it's starting to piss me off I don't understand what's going on

Top Bottom