Can't remove weapon "Dying Night" from inventory

+
Skippy can be stashed after it asks you to return it to Regina, whether you do or not. I know because mine is stashed on the wall and yells at me every time I go there.

Crash/Overwatch, as said before, can be stashed after some texts from the corresponding side character. However, if you upgrade a weapon to legendary before this happens you will end up with extra copies that can never be removed from inventory (bug 1).

Johnny's gear can never be removed from inventory and always results in duplicates when upgrading (bug 2).

Have this with all of Johnny's clothes when trying to roll legendary tier versions. Not complaining personally because some of Johnny's clothes would roll with no mod slots so I had to re-roll it thanks to this bug

'Crash' stops being a quest item after you get a text from River, a day or so after. You can sell it or whatever.View attachment 11101700
Post automatically merged:

Some items are quest items (that little exclamation mark) that is why you cannot remove them from inventory, once you finish whatever quest or some dialogue after finishing the quest they stop being quest items.

Skippy cannot be crafted, and it has a weight of 0;
I just posted about Crash;
Same deal for Overwatch as is for Crash;

My problem are Johnny's clothes.

Got the same issue with Crash, did a lot of side quests afterwards and skipped time a few times, but I still have not received the text from River Ward.

Any other possible reason?

[POTENTIAL FIX!!]

So I was really frustrated with being unable to unequip quest items for a couple days now. Then I remembered that in the quest "Sweet Dreams" you get robbed and wake up naked. I went to my last save point and avoided the quest after that the first time.

I stored everything I could in the apartment. Then I equipped as many quest items as I could and I woke up with nothing equipped. So relieved!
They did not leave my backpack though. I hope I do not make the mistake of equipping one before they patch this. I do not have a plan for if that quest is complete.

Def needs to be tracked as a bug please.

'Crash' stops being a quest item after you get a text from River, a day or so after. You can sell it or whatever.View attachment 11101700

Some items are quest items (that little exclamation mark) that is why you cannot remove them from inventory, once you finish whatever quest or some dialogue after finishing the quest they stop being quest items.

Skippy cannot be crafted, and it has a weight of 0;
I just posted about Crash;
Same deal for Overwatch as is for Crash;

My problem are Johnny's clothes.

I've gotten all texts from River and Joss after the quest and it's still locked in my inventory. Is there something i missed during the quest? I even went back to the trailer park and noticed somehow the drugs were still in Randy's house. I picked that up to see if maybe that would fix it since it was a quest item, but the revolver is still stuck.

Same thing happening here as well. Did anyone tried to report this as a bug? In any case, if this thread will get more attention, maybe the devs will throw an eye on this issue as well.

I didn't see this thread until after I posted this on another thread. Perhaps this can help with debugging:

I think I kind of figured out why the Crash gun is stuck in quest item status, but not sure how to fix it . So I backtracked to the trailer park where Joss lives, and when I entered the apartment where V stayed, Randy's place, Joss and River just stood there, stuck or something, can't talk to them nothing, perhaps this is why I didn't get the text? Maybe if any Devs are following the thread you can have a look at this?
River Stuck.jpg

After finishing a quest at a firing range, I was given this weapon and now I can't be rid of it.
It just doesn't appear when interacting with vendors or the stash, So it's just wasting inventory space.
Can't dismantle or drop either, buttons do nothing. Anyone else getting stuck with this?

Edit: It seems to be acting as a quest item, But there is no quest it's attached to.

Ahh, that's where that thing is..

This is in my crafting menu for a blue, but I need the green or can never craft it.

This explains plenty. So, there's your answer, it's a craftable item, that's why.

This is irritating...Overwatch (Rare) is stuck in my inventory and I can't even use the Save Editor to remove it's "quest flag".

Went through and put all the '1' flags to '0' for the "inventory_##" ending in 1 (after stashing everything I could). Nope. Still there. Still with the stupid "!" icon.

I have this issue with overwatch, crash and skippy. I updated overwatch so have a second copy faming up space too. Skippy has 0 weight so that's fine but I would like to take the other items out. This is my second play through and didn't happen the first time. Can this be fixed?

happening to me with Panams rifle too, Skippy was doing this until he reached his 50 and then asked to be returned to Regina.

So I figured out how this bug occurs . I restarted to the point of first getting the GUN quest and the DYING NIGHT .

what happened is this IF YOU run pass by WILSON when he says the line about having your .45 gun, IF YOU do not grab the gun right then , you sequence break when he is talking to you and the bug happens after .

The weapon stays bugged as a quest item just because of this line you didn't hear from him . I went back into my other save before I picked up the gun and because I never heard him say that line the gun has the QUEST Exclamation point on it .

I do not know how to fix it after you pick the gun up but at least I Found the root of the problem .Dang it , I guess if you guys would put tickets about the bug to CDprojeckt we can at least bring it to their attention .

try this anyone ?

ChaosCalibrn

28 days ago
Silver

It’s a glitch, the only way I’ve found to fix it is during the “automatic love” mission you get just a while after you get the gun. When they take your weapons, you get it back and it’s fixed

Last edited:
I got Dying Night immediately from him and still have Panams gun bugged, Skippy was until he reached 50, and now Rivers revolver too after I accidently took it out of the inventory. I'm worried about taking Skippy out of the inventory to give to Regina as it might bug again like Rivers has.

I got Dying Night immediately from him and still have Panams gun bugged, Skippy was until he reached 50, and now Rivers revolver too after I accidently took it out of the inventory. I'm worried about taking Skippy out of the inventory to give to Regina as it might bug again like Rivers has.
can you try the quest I said to see if it clears all the quest status from them ? I am not at that point in the game so cannot test

Guest 4519094

It was probably already mentioned but there's mod that allows to remove the quest tag from equipped items if you're on PC, worked well to stash Crash and disassemble extra johnny clothes.

Top Bottom