Can't remove weapon "Dying Night" from inventory

+
After finishing a quest at a firing range, I was given this weapon and now I can't be rid of it.
It just doesn't appear when interacting with vendors or the stash, So it's just wasting inventory space.
Can't dismantle or drop either, buttons do nothing. Anyone else getting stuck with this?

Edit: It seems to be acting as a quest item, But there is no quest it's attached to.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the weapon "overwatch". After upgrading it to legendary, I now have it twice (!?) in my inventory (one orange version and also the original blue version with a yellow little exclamation mark).

i'v got this with all of silverhands clothing. i now have 3 of his pants and dont wanna make the rest orange for wasting weight space

After I received "PANE", the revolver from River, It immediatelly got the exclamation MARK, and I can't take it off my inventory.

Same as the Johnny's pants,and shoes. I made it RARE/ICONIC than, LEGENDARY, and created copies that I can't take it off my invetory either!

Can someone please help me to solve this?

1.png
2.png

I'm having the same issue with the Crash revolver you get from River. I noticed I could keep crafting legendary copies of Crash so I abused it for a little while to get a version with the headshot damage multiplier I wanted, only I found out later that I can't sell these copies to vendors/drop points, and I can't drop them either. I can't even put them in storage in my apartment or a car either... If anyone figures out how to get rid of these copies please let me know, right now I've got like 9 copies taking up precious weight in my inventory.

EDIT: I think I know what causes this issue in the first place, I noticed whenever this bug occurred it was because I have the Crafting perk which lets me make an item without consuming the components. So for some odd reason, it also doesn't consume the lower-rarity weapon/armor when upgrading an item's rarity. This allows you to make multiple copies which I believe the game doesn't deem to be "authentic" copies of the item, seeing as the game is only coded to allow you to drop or sell the first upgrade of that iconic item. That's my closest guess. As far as finding a solution to this problem, I'm at a loss. On PC you might be able to do some shenanigans to remove the duped items in the console commands via mods which enable it, but I have no idea how you'd solve this on PS4 or Xbox One.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue with the Crash revolver you get from River. I noticed I could keep crafting legendary copies of Crash so I abused it for a little while to get a version with the headshot damage multiplier I wanted, only I found out later that I can't sell these copies to vendors/drop points, and I can't drop them either. I can't even put them in storage in my apartment or a car either... If anyone figures out how to get rid of these copies please let me know, right now I've got like 9 copies taking up precious weight in my inventory.

EDIT: I think I know what causes this issue in the first place, I noticed whenever this bug occurred it was because I have the Crafting perk which lets me make an item without consuming the components. So for some odd reason, it also doesn't consume the lower-rarity weapon/armor when upgrading an item's rarity. This allows you to make multiple copies which I believe the game doesn't deem to be "authentic" copies of the item, seeing as the game is only coded to allow you to drop or sell the first upgrade of that iconic item. That's my closest guess. As far as finding a solution to this problem, I'm at a loss. On PC you might be able to do some shenanigans to remove the duped items in the console commands via mods which enable it, but I have no idea how you'd solve this on PS4 or Xbox One.
Nah, I'm at the beginning of the game. I don't have that perk. Just got my gun from Wilson. The item is marked as a quest item. Can't sell it, dismantle it, drop it, or store it. I think it's just a glitch that makes quest items stay marked as quest items so they can't be lost.

I have this same issue with several Iconic items.

Skippy
Crash
Overwatch

But other's like the "Prototype Shingen Mark V" can be stashed just fine.

Same problem here with the 'Crash' revolver. I can't sell or destroy my duplicates.

'Crash' stops being a quest item after you get a text from River, a day or so after. You can sell it or whatever.
Crash.png

Post automatically merged:

I have this same issue with several Iconic items.

Skippy
Crash
Overwatch

But other's like the "Prototype Shingen Mark V" can be stashed just fine.

Some items are quest items (that little exclamation mark) that is why you cannot remove them from inventory, once you finish whatever quest or some dialogue after finishing the quest they stop being quest items.

Skippy cannot be crafted, and it has a weight of 0;
I just posted about Crash;
Same deal for Overwatch as is for Crash;

My problem are Johnny's clothes.

Last edited:
having the same problem with Johnny's pants crafted a few to try and get 3 slots, cant delete any of them because of exclamation mark, cant deposit or sell them either. Can you please fix this devs.

Skippy is eventually returned to Regina, so that stays in inventory until he is returned to her.
Not really, you are supposed to be able to store it and mainly for the people who want to hang it on the wall in their apartment. But this is only available after you are given the option to return it to her.

I can't get rid of Crash either, and when i upgrade it to legendary, the purple original is still in my inventory and i can do what i want w/ it, but i can't scrap or stash the legendary one.

I got the same issue with the gun "Dying Night" and all of Johnny's clothing. I had Johnny's gun equipped during the scene where River gave me his gun the "Crash" and it placed Johnny's gun back into my backpack without the mark. So far that has been the only way for me to get any of those yellow mission marks removed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom