Can't send Arena result on the web

+
I was facing the same issue but I have found solution that worked for me at least.
I tried the registry editing trick described before, shut off my firewall, restarted my computer. I even shut off some of my network monitoring tools and apps like Process Explorer which sometimes cause problems with other games. No luck!
Finally, I simply changed my password on the forum, and then updated the registration in the game and it worked!
In fact, the game was refusing to post the score, so I just alt-tabbed out of the game, performed this entire process, got back to the game and posted the score. So if you have a game running with a high-score in the background it might just be worth a try.

Essentially, here is what you should do:

• Change your password on the site [you can click here for that]
  • Go to the game directory, and run Register.exe
  • Click on Log in
  • Fill in your new account details, click Log in again

I had generated an overly complex password using LastPass, which might have caused a problem.

As I said before, this worked for me even when the game was running. It's worth a try.

Theutatis said:
I just created a second account using the register.exe and I managed to upload my score with this account without problems, but when I log in with my old account which I created monts ago, the game doesnt allow me to post my score....

That must be it. When I am in the mood, I'll use my alternative email to create a new account, if CD Projekt doesn't fix its database by then.

I understand accounts are accounts as in accounts on this forum, ecompassing various facilities ? - just to be sure.

EDIT It finally worked by changing my password, as "xitij2000" suggested.

THAT IS HOW YOU CAN FIX THIS, other than waiting for the devs :) (not that they didn't do a fine job with the game, I suppose they are one of the smaller teams who can't get around to check everything).

xitij2000 said:
Finally, I simply changed my password on the forum, and then updated the registration in the game and it worked!

For some reason, ;) it worked when I did the following.

1. Changed password (I am not sure if this had anything to do with it, but check it up once), Change password...it works**********
2. Ran Register.exe from the games folder
3. Logged into Register.exe
4. MAKE SURE NOT TO CLOSE REGISTER.exe (when it says you have logged in)

Vatt said:
Glad to see it's working for most people now.

Anyone else have the problem with the register.exe where it just won't let you type anything into any of the fields? Ctrl+v doesn't work either. Tried running it as admin, disabling antivirus, nothing helps. It's really weird.

Ok fixed it. I remembered I had the same problem when I tried to register the game originally, hat to reset the display font size to default.

Now the next problem: The launcher doesn't accept my forum login/password. What gives? Is it because of the apostrophe in the username?

I can't type "!"s into the password field there^^. Have to copy and paste it. Even with that, it still says my pass/username combo is wrong, which really it is not...

Also, using the "forgot password" button with the register.exe lets me type in my email address but once I hit enter or click "send" to actually get my email witha new password or something, the 'send' button does nothing, hitting 'enter' does nothing, it's not doing anything. I can't reset my password from there.

rawgr said:
I can't type "!"s into the password field there^^. Have to copy and paste it. Even with that, it still says my pass/username combo is wrong, which really it is not...

Also, using the "forgot password" button with the register.exe lets me type in my email address but once I hit enter or click "send" to actually get my email witha new password or something, the 'send' button does nothing, hitting 'enter' does nothing, it's not doing anything. I can't reset my password from there.

Might not be the best security-wise, but try a simpler password without special characters.
I'd say changing the password to something less secure is OK as a workaround, but eventually this should be fixed.

oh yeah whata a joke aparently all my other 2 acounts are fubar yeah ty alot..had to create another one thank you guys for suggesting it , it works now.

AnarkiHunter said:

1. Changed password (I am not sure if this had anything to do with it, but check it up once), Change password...it works**********

siklara said:
Didn't work for me.

I don't want to create another account just for the arena, so I'll wait some more for CDPR to fix it.

Create the password that has 5 letters. If thats still not enough try to change it more times till you will get the possitive result. A fiew guys from polsih forum did that and it worked.

Nothing's working for me either. I've reinstalled the game, disabled my anti virus, changed my password multiple times, tried the register.exe trick & everything else that's been suggested other than creating a new account.

Not fun

Yay, it finally works, thank you guys! :)

First I changed my password again, then I logged out (maybe this did the trick?), used the register.eye to log in again and kept the window open while I was playing.

I can confirm that it works. Changed my password to a 5-letter word, logged in through register.exe and left it open while playing the game. Dunno which of the two did the trick but here we go. Would be nice if we could get an updated register.exe, however, since I have to log off in windows and change my font to default size whenever I want to use it.

Finally it's working!

Changing my password to contain only letters, no numbers, seems to have fixed it for me.

AnarkiHunter said:

resetting password while in game and then running register.exe putting in my password then leaving the register window open worked for me, thanks guys.

Top Bottom