Can't send Arena result on the web

+
Thanks! Changing password really helps - the problem is gone! By the way - all of you leaving the registration bar (register.exe) opened in the background? - just interesting...

I still can't get it to work.

Edit: I had previously changed my profile name and I think that was the issue. I changed it back, registered with EXE, and then ran the game. It worked.

Vatt said:
Glad to see it's working for most people now.

Anyone else have the problem with the register.exe where it just won't let you type anything into any of the fields? Ctrl+v doesn't work either. Tried running it as admin, disabling antivirus, nothing helps. It's really weird.

Ok fixed it. I remembered I had the same problem when I tried to register the game originally, hat to reset the display font size to default.

Now the next problem: The launcher doesn't accept my forum login/password. What gives? Is it because of the apostrophe in the username?

Thank you vera' much...;) I am now registered! Finally. And am running a Steam copy to boot. Such a small thing--setting the register.exe screen font to default! So small, in fact, that this particular remedy seems to have escaped the notice of CDPR tech support. I run with my screen font set to 125% of default because I like a bit bigger text @1920x1080.

Now, I wonder why the register.exe program was not configured to automatically adjust for the user's selected font size in the Windows desktop...? Such a small thing to do, but it would have saved so many people so much time. Tsk-tsk. I had to change display fonts to default size, log off, and then log back on, then register, then change the font size back to 125% and then log off and log back on once again. Nowhere does CDPR even suggest that I might have to do this to get register.exe to work. Glad I wasn't running Win XP else I'd have to do a complete *reboot* instead of the logoff&on Win7 allows for changing the display font size.

I have no apostrophe in my user name or password, and so it looks like CDPR, once again in the register.exe program, could have allowed for the use of the same characters allowed for log-in on the Witcher 2 site. That would be pretty bad if it turns out that the web site accepts apostrophes but the register.exe program doesn't.

TO BE FAIR, though, IIRC the Witcher 2 forums weren't ready for prime time until August, months after the Witcher 2 shipped. However, register.exe is native to version 2.0, which did not ship until 6 weeks after the W2 forums came on line. So...the devil is in the details, and it looks like CDPR kind of dropped the ball with register.exe. Such a program should be transparent for the end user and present absolutely no impediment to his game play, as critical as it is for some people.

Where I also had some unnecessary difficulty is with the Steam patching mechanism. It simply refused to patch to 2.0. All that would happen is that Steam kept running the 1.3.5 game over and over again--no patching in sight. Finally, I picked up a hint (out of dozens I read that were of no use)in the Steam forum that I should disable my .blob files and let Steam rebuild them. Took me all of ten seconds to do that, and hallelujah, the .blob files were rebuilt & finally Steam decided I should be patched to the 2.0 version! After that--no problems.

It's often the little things in programming that can hang you up and waste lots of time and energy. I'd like to see CDPR be more attentive to these sorts of small but important details in the future.

In addition to the "password change fix" when trying to upload use the "shortcut key" not the clickable button. When I did the the fix I tried to upload with the button and it didn't work but tried again using the shortcut key and it worked.

4theglory said:
Finally it's working!

Changing my password to contain only letters, no numbers, seems to have fixed it for me.
That's interesting, my current password is more than five letters and it contains numbers, so I'm not sure whether it makes any difference or not.

I need some information: I recorded (when the game came out) my collector with data different from those used on the forum. Now, to see if I could send the scores, I went on register.exe of the game and I did login with my data of access of the forum and I have re-registered the game. The scores work: I wanted to know whether the game is registered twice, or the game, now, has been associated with my user on the forum...
I thank you in advance who will respond.

Vatt said:
Try running register.exe from the main folder and enter your forum login there. Peeps on the Polish forum report it works, but I can't enter anything in the fields there for some reason.
Worked for me :) Thanks!

I can`t load the results up, too. Today I reached 50.000 points and won the whole arena mode (There still came monsters but they were the same as in the beginning).

xandman said:
resetting password while in game and then running register.exe putting in my password then leaving the register window open worked for me, thanks guys.

Finally, something works! Thanks.

siklara said:
That's interesting, my current password is more than five letters and it contains numbers, so I'm not sure whether it makes any difference or not.

How strange...you're correct, it doesn't make any difference.

Yesterday though, for me, it wouldn't accept a five character pass of letters & numbers but would accept one of only letters. Today, it won't accept a 14 character pass of only letters but will accept 13 chars of letters and numbers. :eek:

All my original passwords that it refused to work with were over 15 chars, so maybe there is a limit on that number, or maybe it's just a temperamental pos. Who knows?

Keep trying folks, ignore me & follow the advice in this thread, it should work eventually.

I had connection error problem
alt tabbed out the game
ran register.exe from the witcher2 directory
i didnt re register,JUST SIGNED IN from here
re tabbed back into the game and results were sent without a problem

Try running register.exe from the main folder and enter your forum login there. Peeps on the Polish forum report it works, but I can't enter anything in the fields there for some reason.

thanks Vatt'ghern that worked the treat.

My mistake, it's all sorted now. When the launcher came up with an option to register the game I had ignored it as I was already registered. But following advice from here I selected the register option, put in my (current) username and password, and signed in, and it was done. When I went to the arena next, I had no problems at all (with the upload at least!). My only problem now is trying not to become too addicted to the arena - blowing opponents off the edge with Aard never gets stale!

Top Bottom