Can't shoot while aiming

+
I just picked up the Chaos pistol, but I can't shoot with it while aiming. I can fire from the hip just fine, but that's it. I've tried swapping it with other weapons and they work fine. I've reloaded the game and tried removing the scope mod. Nothing I've done has resolved the issue. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

EDIT: I tried upgrading the weapon. Now it's working again...

Last edited:
I got the same problem it's specific to the malorian(johnny's pistol) when i switch to my sniper i can still do it
Only disappears temporaririly when rebooting the game

Yeah, seems like controls are sometimes acting a bit strange. Other than reloading or switching weapons back and forth in the inventory (sometimes it works after a few attempts), there’s probably not much that can be done without a patch...

You can report it here though:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...issue/1784/i-am-experiencing-issues-in-combat (it might not be that easy to reproduce the issue though, not sure what triggers it...)

Yeah I had the same issue quite a few time. Weapons not shooting, even after I equip it again from the inventory. Only Dying or reloading solves the problem. It's a mess ^^'

I've got the same issue but with all my guns. I can't shoot a gun while I'm aiming.
I tried all the tips I found here. Switching weapons or dying doesn't help, reloading doesn't fix it either.
I tried to repair the game, doesn't fix it.
I tried earlier save games, doesn't fix the problem.
I started a new game with a new character and I still got this issue...
The problem started when I began the final story mission (after the point of no return, what's in a name...). At some point I got handed a sniper rifle and that's when the problem started.
I deleted the whole game, saves included en reinstalled the whole game again.
Tried again with a new character and I keep having this issue.
Some other tips I could try?
All help is warmly appreciated.

I have this occasionally and it is frustrating... I precisely want to shoot somebody at one exact moment and it doesn't work.

I've just run into this same issue for the first time tonight. I'm on my 2nd playthrough, so I took a break for a bit to play some other things, and then got the 1.1 patch today, so I figured I'd hop back in and play for a couple hours. I'm with Panam outside a gas station, and all I want to do is snipe some bad guys. I flip my weapons back and forth, tried going back to earlier saves, tried equipping different weapons... no dice. I can't shoot while aiming, no matter what I do.

I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point. Am I just stuck until CDPR fixes this?!

Was playing around with it a bit today, and noticed that if I re-bind aiming to a key rather than the right mouse button, it works. Not a GREAT workaround, but functional for now. I'll make a new bug report with that info. It seems to be an issue with using both mouse buttons at once.

Top Bottom