Can't start NG+ (everything should be working)

+
Hi all
Finished Witcher 3 over a week ago, fantastic game that is hard to follow up with anything else so I want to replay it. I have received the message telling me NG+ is available. But I do not have the option to start a NG+ in the start new game options. This is wildly frustrating. To reiterate, I have finished the game and the option to start NG+ should appear, but it does not.This is basically a game breaking bug as far as I can tell. Build is 1.60.
Anyone else run into this issue?
Thank you

I'm not sure about the XBox, but on the PC the user would have to download a free DLC to enable the NG+ option. Perhaps the XBox also requires a similar program?

NG+ requires a save from after you have completed the main quest in Wild Hunt to be loaded. Did you get that far? Meaning when you start a NG+ the game will ask you to select a save game from your previous playthrough.
It's been some time since I played W3, and on PC at that so I'm afraid I can't really help you.

Hi all
Finished Witcher 3 over a week ago, fantastic game that is hard to follow up with anything else so I want to replay it. I have received the message telling me NG+ is available. But I do not have the option to start a NG+ in the start new game options. This is wildly frustrating. To reiterate, I have finished the game and the option to start NG+ should appear, but it does not.This is basically a game breaking bug as far as I can tell. Build is 1.60.
Anyone else run into this issue?
Thank you

I'm experiencing a similar problem, which is as follows:

- I'm playing version 1.60;
- I've completed the main quest including Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine;
- I haven't completed all of the secondary quests and treasure hunts;
- I downloaded the additional DLC (crossbows, additional quests, beards and hairstyles etc. including the New Game + content);
- I followed the instructions on YouTube i.e. saving your current game, reloading and waiting for the message that explains I can now use the New Game + option, however I have not received this message for some reason despite several attempts;
- I attempted starting a new game, but I'm not receiving the New Game + option.

It appears as if the New Game + download isn't downloading/installing correctly. In the Xbox main menu interface, when I select manage add-ons under Witcher 3, the New Game + add on is under 'Ready to install' even though it's already supposedly been installed. I select install, it then appears under installed, but after restarting the game, attempting the above once more, I return to the add-ons section and New Game + has returned to the 'Ready to install' section. It's so frustrating.

Another query that I don't think has been asked: If I have successfully downloaded and installed the New Game + content, should this appear in the list of 'Downloadable Content' (located under the 'Help' option) within the main Witcher 3 menu once the game has loaded?

Any help would be appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

Update on this:

It's now working after a hard restart of the console. I left it overnight, went back and New Game + has installed. Very strange considering all of the other DLC downloaded very quickly with no issues and New Game + is only circa 9.5mb in size. I also uninstalled all DLC (apart from H0S and BaW) and reinstalled prior to the reset. Ah well, at least it's working now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom