Can't switch signs at all, even after reloading

+
Can't switch signs at all, even after reloading

Hello,

I had been playing with the 1.03 patch for about 45 minutes and all was fine. Mid game, possibly after a reload and I'm stuck on the Aard sign. I can't switch to any other sign using the quick access menu. Nor can I switch signs using the keyboard shortcuts.

Is this a bug or some kind of unexplained feature?

Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Thanks

[Bug]Sign selection is stuck to Aard.

Hello today after a battle with some drowners I saw that the sign selection stopped working and is stuck to Aard only.I tried the two different methods for sign choosing keyboard keys and radial menu, but none of them works.

Edit:Also tried quick-saving then loading to the newest save but it didn't work, for now I am using an older save where sign selection is working.

Last edited:
I can't switch signs on horseback. I have to get off the horse first. I'd like to start combat with the appropriate sign selected.

I have a similar problem, except I can use all 4 signs except Axii, I simply cannot switch to it. The rest of the signs are working.

Thanks for the replies folks.

By way of update, I couldn't change signs when in combat, out of combat, after reloading a quicksave, loading a hard save or even after quitting the game, restarting and loading.

It suddenly decided to fix itself though. There was no trigger that was obvious. It just suddenly started working again whilst fighting some Drowners.

It must be a bug.

---------- Updated at 06:12 PM ----------

Because the forum edit function refuses to work:

My system specs:

Windows 7 64
i7 920 at 3.40ghz
8gb PC3-8500F (533Mhz)
GeForce 970 4gb (3.5gb for the diehards)

Thanks BoreasI should add that I didn't try reloading an earlier save. The same quick save I was using when the bug started is still the same one I'm using now. It just fixed itself for no apparent reason.

Same issue, and also after an encounter with drowners (destroyed their nest). I'll hope it fixes itself and will call it a status effect for now.
EDIT: And it's fixed. Had a fight with endregas and then Sign switching started working again.

Last edited:
Aye it happened to me again too. Pretty sure I loaded a quick save whilst I was swimming and it was stuck on Axii.Fixed itself much quicker this time after 2-3 reloads.

Aye, I wouldn't be surprised if the two things are somehow linked. Something to do with quicksave/load whilst you're in a situation where sign use is restricted (e.g. swimming or on a horse).

Top Bottom