Cant understand all the negativity (PC)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So to preface - I have no idea how this is running on consoles. I've heard bad things though (but also that 1.04 has made a big difference).

So to be clear, I am NOT talking about the console versions in this thread which I believe have their own issues.

But I must have hit the hardware jackpot with my config. I'm running the game at 1080p RTX Psyco settings with all other details on high + ultra and DLSS on quality and the game world is just amazing for me. It is so immersive and atmospheric. The only things I have turned off is Film Grain, Motion Blur and Chromatic Abberation. I also have cascading shadows on medium. But literally everything else is maxed out and I'm getting 60+ FPS. It slows to 40 when in third person in the middle of the city but thats all (I prefer driving first person anyway)

My spec:

i7-9700
RTX 2070 SUPER
16GB RAM
OS running on an XPG NVME
Game installed to a Samsung Evo 860 SSD

I've not really experienced any major bugs even, and I have 24 hours logged since launch (1.03, not tried 1.04 yet. Typing this in work). The main things for me have been floating items and being unable to pick up certain items on the floor. The two crashes I have had are just when I click to exit the game (odd one)

Im also really enjoying just being in the world. In the 24 hours I have logged I've only done one story mission past the prolouge and a handful of gigs and I'm just having an absolute blast.

I don't think many people are playing this game as it was intended. Stories of people beating the main story in 15-20 hours... When there are clearly hundreds of hours of content here. You're supposed to be living the life of V in night city. This isnt a bethesda game where each questline occurs in a vaccum.

There are definately issues with the game but they are things that can and I am sure will be fixed. The loot system isn't great, and I'd really like to be able to walk with mouse and keyboard. It would also be nice to change the characters appearance and for me, the inventory management UI really sucks for this type of game. Another issue is when in a car in first person, there seems to be a strange interaction between the sun and the glass in the windscreen, making the whole scene outside the car way too bright.

But overall, I just love this game and its only going to get better. I really am struggling to understand some of the threads and negativity on the /r/cyberpunkgame subreddit etc - but also bear in mind that there is an online mob of 'progressives' who simply hate this game and CDPR for not being 'woke' enough.

For me this game has delivered on most of its promises and I can see CDPR ending up delivering 120% of them in a few months.

So thank you CDPR for all your hard work on bringing this game to life, and dont let the review bombing on metacritic etc get you down. I think that was always going to happen to a degree with a game this hyped and also the far-left mob of internet activists who you will never satisfy anyway.

Last edited:

Madae

Forum veteran
I agree. It's unfortunate that last gen consoles are having so many issues, but we should have expected that there might be problems there considering that it was the reason behind the Nov->Dec delay, and I think people are more apt to being angry than understanding despite the fact that trying to optimize for compatibility on 9 different platforms is a bit ridiculous. As for my play, I've been having a great time, not at all disappointed with the game, there are plenty of blemishes for sure, but it's nothing I haven't seen before and not something that inhibits my ability to play or my opinion of the game as a whole. I chalk up most of the complaints about the game as grossly overexaggerated expectations, with a drip of actual complaints about stability that might be helped, but they would rather whine about it than try and ask for assistance.

Dude the game is very good, just few bug are really borring but that clearly less like an ubisoft game (watchdog legion if you ear me) but i think the problem isn't that. CDPR says just one bullshit the ps4 and xbox one version stay beautiful, and it's clearly a lie

There are thing I find lacking/ disappointing in the game but tech problems at least for me are not one of them either . I have not experienced any performance is or any game stopping bugs others / the patch have reported .

System , firestrike , time spy and benchmark below
SYSTEM INFO

I've got an older system but haven't had any real issues with the game. Runs just fine.

My problems with the game is just the lack of depth and overall quality to it. No minigames or distractions. No fun little side events. Food/drink items are useless and the same sold everywhere, which is pointless as it's lying on the streets by the truckload. Most of the city is just a cardboard facade, you can't enter 99% of buildings. Restaurants and bars are pointless as you can't sit and eat/drink. The AI is complete garbage, not just in combat, but for just passive AI like NPC's wandering about, and ESPECIALLY the "traffic" (where cars just despawn as soon as you're a few feet away and cars can't do anything except follow their straight pathing).

I played almost 9 hours and didnt run into any crash or serious bugs. Runs at a stable 60-70 + fps on high without raytracing.

The only thing i wish ( at the moment ) could be changed is the intensity of the damn light sources everywere. Read neon signs, street lamps, lights at vendor stands they are so bright its just insane. Game is not perfect but has alot of potential iam sure it ll get there through time.

an online mob of 'progressives' who simply hate this game and CDPR for not being 'woke' enough.

Those are a bunch nobody really needs to neither pay nor give any attention to. None whatsoever. Neither other gamers nor the developers.

That kind of attentionwhoring isn’t worth it. And since you can’t win with them or have any sort of reasonable discourse with them, there’s no need to engage with them.

100% agree OP. My system is very similar to yours except im running a 2080ti and 32gb RAM. Game runs perfectly for me on maxiumum settings(including RTX Ultra) at 1080p.

14 hours in and I'm loving the game so far. Have only noticed 3/4 minor visual bugs that are more funny than gamebreaking.

When I read the negativity, I'm like "Are we even playing the same game?". I've literally not encountered any of the issues people are having(apart from the minor visual bugs).

I loved Witcher 3. But for me, so far, Cyberpunk could overtake Witcher 3 as being my favourite game ever :)

I am running the game with an rtx 2060 + i5 7500 + 8 GB RAM ddr4 + SSD and in the city i've got 30/40 fps...no matter what settings ...low=30/40 fps, med=30/40 fps, high=30/40 fps, ultra=30/40 fps
Post automatically merged:

I am running the game with an rtx 2060 + i5 7500 + 8 GB RAM ddr4 + SSD and in the city i've got 30/40 fps...no matter what settings ...low=30/40 fps, med=30/40 fps, high=30/40 fps, ultra=30/40 fps
in the car i've got 20 fps

Totaly agree Dude,
but even if I already love it (story, voices, game design etc...), the missing third view person feature is really bothering me and killing my pleasure of chilling in the streets of Night City...
For me it's a major mistake, having a game with customization feature for the look of the character but not allowed to enjoy it while walking in the streets is a complete nonsense... And it could be said like I do, with respect for all the incredible work already done.
I'm sure it will be no so hard to make it, it's already the case while driving the car...
So if anyone is able to say it to CDPR, i would be gratefull

People will be upset bo matter what if it isn't what they're expected. A game will always have bugs on launch.

Bro i was loving it didn't run into many bugs n i have run into a game breaking bug where i can't pick up anyones body so any mission objectives that require carrying a body i literally cannot complete wow

I haven't experienced any major bug (only some minor glitches) but I'm starting to understand people who complain about lack of depth.

The confusing user UI can be tweaked or redesigned, bugs can be fixed, but there are some fundamental flaws in the gameplay mechanics and in the impact of attributes like stealth of hacking. The developers could have learned a thing or two from the recent Deus Ex games which seems to have nailed down the combat/stealth/hacking mechanics. The RPG elements are also quite shallow especially in the C&C: back in 2004 Troika showed how a first persion action RPG can be done right and 15 years later I still have to see a game that comes close to it.

The whole CP20077 experience is chasing a yellow icon around (with even a dotted line for people who cannot tell left from right!) and a lot of dialogue in between. Some is good, some pointless. I got a journal full of side quests I did not even know I had obtained, just because somebody called at the phone or left a message.

After 8 years and a lot of promises, can't believe all I have is... this.

So to preface - I have no idea how this is running on consoles. I've heard bad things though (but also that 1.04 has made a big difference).

So to be clear, I am NOT talking about the console versions in this thread which I believe have their own issues.

But I must have hit the hardware jackpot with my config. I'm running the game at 1080p RTX Psyco settings with all other details on high + ultra and DLSS on quality and the game world is just amazing for me. It is so immersive and atmospheric. The only things I have turned off is Film Grain, Motion Blur and Chromatic Abberation. I also have cascading shadows on medium. But literally everything else is maxed out and I'm getting 60+ FPS. It slows to 40 when in third person in the middle of the city but thats all (I prefer driving first person anyway)

My spec:

i7-9700
RTX 2070 SUPER
16GB RAM
OS running on an XPG NVME
Game installed to a Samsung Evo 860 SSD

I've not really experienced any major bugs even, and I have 24 hours logged since launch (1.03, not tried 1.04 yet. Typing this in work). The main things for me have been floating items and being unable to pick up certain items on the floor. The two crashes I have had are just when I click to exit the game (odd one)

Im also really enjoying just being in the world. In the 24 hours I have logged I've only done one story mission past the prolouge and a handful of gigs and I'm just having an absolute blast.

I don't think many people are playing this game as it was intended. Stories of people beating the main story in 15-20 hours... When there are clearly hundreds of hours of content here. You're supposed to be living the life of V in night city. This isnt a bethesda game where each questline occurs in a vaccum.

There are definately issues with the game but they are things that can and I am sure will be fixed. The loot system isn't great, and I'd really like to be able to walk with mouse and keyboard. It would also be nice to change the characters appearance and for me, the inventory management UI really sucks for this type of game. Another issue is when in a car in first person, there seems to be a strange interaction between the sun and the glass in the windscreen, making the whole scene outside the car way too bright.

But overall, I just love this game and its only going to get better. I really am struggling to understand some of the threads and negativity on the /r/cyberpunkgame subreddit etc - but also bear in mind that there is an online mob of 'progressives' who simply hate this game and CDPR for not being 'woke' enough.

For me this game has delivered on most of its promises and I can see CDPR ending up delivering 120% of them in a few months.

So thank you CDPR for all your hard work on bringing this game to life, and dont let the review bombing on metacritic etc get you down. I think that was always going to happen to a degree with a game this hyped and also the far-left mob of internet activists who you will never satisfy anyway.

+1 to all of that tbh.

Having recently bought AC Valhalla along with this game I have seen negativity over both of them, It is classic hype vs reality and honestly as seasoned Gamers we should learn to appreciate what is in front of us and not let years and years of Hype make us think each new game we play is going to be the `Holy Grail`.

I just hope that we NEVER hit the pondscum levels of what the lowlife embarrassments so called `gamers` did to Naughty Dog over TLOU 2.

Well done all at CDPR and huge props for the insane amount of stress you must have all been under in these incredibly trying times.

I've got an older system but haven't had any real issues with the game. Runs just fine.

My problems with the game is just the lack of depth and overall quality to it. No minigames or distractions. No fun little side events. Food/drink items are useless and the same sold everywhere, which is pointless as it's lying on the streets by the truckload. Most of the city is just a cardboard facade, you can't enter 99% of buildings. Restaurants and bars are pointless as you can't sit and eat/drink. The AI is complete garbage, not just in combat, but for just passive AI like NPC's wandering about, and ESPECIALLY the "traffic" (where cars just despawn as soon as you're a few feet away and cars can't do anything except follow their straight pathing).
we must be playing different games, cos this game is packed full of side missions, leave your car at the road and walk around,explore, I wander into gang turf and start gunning them down, The NCPD "bounties" that pop on the map are fun too,
There's a hacking mini-game where you have to match up letters and numbers to unlock various things. I ignored the main story just after you got upgraded by Vik and picked a direction and explored and focused on side missions/random encounters to boost my street cred early on.

Im on PC. My biggest gripe is that you cannot re-map the 'use' key , therefore cannot use ESDF as movement, which is what i use for every other game.... I am dumbfounded by this, never have i played a FPS where you CANNOT Do this.

Yeah, the omission of the walk key on M+KB is also a bit strange considering they presumably want you to take your time and soak in this detailed world they've built.

Having no issues whatsoever on my 3070. Having TONS of fun (30 hours in 2 days) with this game and I can't wait to explore even more! No time to read negative posts, must play

...snip...

.... but also bear in mind that there is an online mob of 'progressives' who simply hate this game and CDPR for not being 'woke' enough.

...snip...

Indeed.

Also consider I think some feel the world is too "empty" in that there not much to interact with that they were epecting to have from what was seen in the trailers etc. I also think this also ties in with this group being of the "anti woke variety".

I think all in all there's merit to many of the complaints whether these things are a priority to you or not does not inherently make them wrong in their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom