Can't use Weapons/Hacks

+
Can confirm taking a call sorts this out, I found one of those crime scenes where the cops call you and could change my weapons again after that.

I might have a Solution for you guys. I am playing on PC and all i had to do was, to pick up a weapon from the ground and instead of putting it into my inventory, i had to take it into my hands.

So, I don't really know what's up with that ... after the prologue I can't use any weapons (not even draw them) nor can I hack all of a sudden. I can talk to people, drive the car, sell/buy.
Anyone else got this ?
Save/load doesn't fix it, restart the game doesn't fix it. I am literally stuck and can't progress like this.
I also can't unequip or equip new weapons => Action blocked. Can't access Photomode either.
What fix this was just loading an earlier save where everything worked normally. nothing else mentiong here worked. only reloading working save file.

To everyone, here is how to fix that bug:
Use fast travel to Cherry Blossom Market in Japan Town (Westbrook) then go talk to a JoyToy ( Lips/kiss icon on the minimap ) and start the cutscene, once the cutscene will be over you'll be free to use your weapon and call your vehicle again.

Also, the bug seems to occur whenever you interrupt dialogue with a secondary NPC by walking away during it, in my case, it was with Saul in the noman encampment.

Having this same issue in the middle of riders of the storm. This sucks badly. :(
Post automatically merged:

Looks like fast travel is causing this bug for me.

Last edited:
I also just got this issue during a sidequest where I interrupted an NPC with an action and it started going down a different dialogue line.
I'm also in Act 1 so cannot access hookers yet to trigger a cutscene. Now I'm unable to use any weapons or even heal and it just says "action blocked". I'm on stadia.

Weapons work fine, but cant quick hack enemy characters (except for the option of "breach protocol" all other options are usually not even showing, but sometimes they show, but are in red, saying "target is offline").
Went through many different cut scenes (including a joytoy cut scene), took and made phone calls, entered many different battles, fast travelled, called and got in my car, but none of these fixed it.

Looks like I either have to load back 8 hours of game play and lose that or just continue on and hope something triggers it to come back. Sucks, I dumped more into hacking than I did into anything else.

Weapons work fine, but cant quick hack enemy characters (except for the option of "breach protocol" all other options are usually not even showing, but sometimes they show, but are in red, saying "target is offline").
Went through many different cut scenes (including a joytoy cut scene), took and made phone calls, entered many different battles, fast travelled, called and got in my car, but none of these fixed it.

Looks like I either have to load back 8 hours of game play and lose that or just continue on and hope something triggers it to come back. Sucks, I dumped more into hacking than I did into anything else.
This may be a dumb question. But have you tried to breach protocol. mabye you are just out of points?

This may be a dumb question. But have you tried to breach protocol. mabye you are just out of points?
Not a dumb question.
Yeah, I still use the breach protocol cause I can apply the hack to make enemies less resistant.
But unfortunately that doesn't open up anything else. If I try to hack someone again, it just shows the breach protocol option again (but red because of the cool down).
I have 10 sticks of ram, all show blue, but can't hack anyone besides breach protocol. This goes for every fight I get into now.

I ran into this bug too. I can't find a fix for it, tried everything people have suggested. None of my save files I loaded have the ability to hack so I'm all out of ideas. I can scan and use my weapons just fine, however there is just no option to hack period.

Not a dumb question.
Yeah, I still use the breach protocol cause I can apply the hack to make enemies less resistant.
But unfortunately that doesn't open up anything else. If I try to hack someone again, it just shows the breach protocol option again (but red because of the cool down).
I have 10 sticks of ram, all show blue, but can't hack anyone besides breach protocol. This goes for every fight I get into now.

Edit: omg, Im an idiot.
It's because I bought a new cyberdeck and didnt equip any of the mods.... not a glitch. Im just dumb.

I ran into this bug too. I can't find a fix for it, tried everything people have suggested. None of my save files I loaded have the ability to hack so I'm all out of ideas. I can scan and use my weapons just fine, however there is just no option to hack period.

Wonder if you did what I did.
Bought a new Cyberdeck recently?
If so, go into your inventory, click Cyberdeck and see if you have any mods equipped there.
Just went in and saw that none of mine were equipped and was able to add them and then everything worked again.
I must have missed the tutorial on this or something. Had no idea I would have to equip stuff to make my hacking work when buying a new Cyberdeck.

Use fast travel to Cherry Blossom Market in Japan Town (Westbrook) then go talk to a JoyToy ( Lips/kiss icon on the minimap ) and start the cutscene, once the cutscene will be over you'll be free to use your weapon and call your vehicle again.

Also, the bug seems to occur whenever you interrupt dialogue with a secondary NPC by walking away during it, in my case, it was with Saul in the noman encampment.

Thanks, that helped me to solve this issue.

Currently having the same issue, can't draw/switch weapons. As I'm still in Chapter 1, I'm not allowed to go to Westbrook yet. Entering a safe zone didn't solve it, phone call doesn't work, as I am also not able to draw my phone. Tried all existing saves, but the issue is on all of them.

None of my active missions provide a cutscene. So I am basically stuck. Are there any other known workarounds? Or did I miss a chance to start a cutscene within the first district?

Thanks in advance.

So after 46 hours into game i run in this bug and was desperate... reloaded all saves before and nothing fixed this mess.
Then i went to JOYTOY and did it with hooker( cutscene) and it worked.. wepons back and everything ... KUDOS for the dude who found this out.

It's worked on me!!! just want to say my thanks

Having the exact same issue here too.

Edit: omg, Im an idiot.
It's because I bought a new cyberdeck and didnt equip any of the mods.... not a glitch. Im just dumb.

Wonder if you did what I did.
Bought a new Cyberdeck recently?
If so, go into your inventory, click Cyberdeck and see if you have any mods equipped there.
Just went in and saw that none of mine were equipped and was able to add them and then everything worked again.
I must have missed the tutorial on this or something. Had no idea I would have to equip stuff to make my hacking work when buying a new Cyberdeck.
You solved it! I recently bought a new Cyberdeck (completely forgot about it) and assumed it automatically transferred over. I feel completely embarrassed now but I'm glad it's solved and wasn't a serious bug in my game!

If you're having trouble with not being able to hack like I was... Try doing the cutscene that people are suggesting if that doesn't work..

You need to make sure that any upgrades that you bought are for hacking!
I spent like 24hrs not being able to hack because of my mistake lol...
Anyways go into your inventory and go to CYBERWARE
on the right side - OPERATING SYSTEM - make sure you have a NETWATCH NETDRIVER Upgrade.. this allows you to actually use your hacks..

I had a brawler one equipped so it did not allow me to use hacks only the scanner since that's on the Optics upgrades.

Anyways hope this helps worth the shot on posting it here.

Attachments

• e0e4c3d198647d7ad01e9efa922b84a3.jpg
    e0e4c3d198647d7ad01e9efa922b84a3.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 127
So, I don't really know what's up with that ... after the prologue I can't use any weapons (not even draw them) nor can I hack all of a sudden. I can talk to people, drive the car, sell/buy.
Anyone else got this ?
Save/load doesn't fix it, restart the game doesn't fix it. I am literally stuck and can't progress like this.
I also can't unequip or equip new weapons => Action blocked. Can't access Photomode either.
Im having this 'action blocked' problem since friday so 4 days now. I equiped a diving suit which i got from Judy, and i Cant take it of, sell it or equip other clothes,... Im at 21armor where i should have around 300.... So frustrating they kept delaying this game and still it's this bad. At some Point i just fell through the floor in the Middle of a mission and it kept reloading the game en i kept falling again and again untill i reloaded the game. Fix this plsss the game would be awesome without all these problems.

Top Bottom