Cantarella pulling traps bug

+
After she drew enemy's Trap with Hen Gaidth Sword, I could not play that card - I had to wait until end of turn and game dropped it automatically to meele.

I could not see what it actually is when wanting to drop it either - I suspected it was a trap actually. This was later confirmed when Crushing Trap triggered.

Before trap triggered and revealed itself while on the table - this card was described as Dagon.

Screens attached.

Attachments

• cant play.jpg
    cant play.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 154
  • dagon.jpg
    dagon.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 148
The Dagon thing is just a lorem ipsum placeholder/template that sometimes pops up.

What exactly happened with Cantarella? Did you get the sword from Cantarella, kill her with it, and then play the spawned second Cantarella to get the trap?

1. Previous turn: Cantarella played as normal.
2. Next turn: Sword played on Cantarella to play her again and to pull the trap that glitched the game.

Just to be super clear: you did try to play the card on your own side of the board, right? The screenshot shows the arrow pointing at the opponent's melee row, which is why I'm asking.

But in any case, surely it's supposed to show what the card is like it does with non-Trap cards, so I dunno...

I've been clicking on everything, cards and rows on both sides.

After game played this card automatically to Meele, I could play other cards in next turn as normal.

Also, trap triggered itself as normal as well.

I guess it's possible Cantarella doesn't work properly with Traps. I'd test it but it'd be extremely difficult to purposely trigger.

Was this in seasonal or standard? Seasonal has issues with input delay and lag, which could be the cause if it was in seasonal.

I probably wouldn't report it based on a one-off case, but you can if you want to. Definitely do if it happens again and it wasn't in seasonal.

I recently noticed, that some special cards need to be targeted sometimes even they don't say so. Dunno if this is connected but is an equal wierd interaction (?bug?). Like pickpocket can be played on an empty board, but if there are units present you have to target the crime on one of your own or opponents board. Some other Specials, too. As I say not really connected but a wierd thing in same category.

I recently noticed, that some special cards need to be targeted sometimes even they don't say so. Dunno if this is connected but is an equal wierd interaction (?bug?). Like pickpocket can be played on an empty board, but if there are units present you have to target the crime on one of your own or opponents board. Some other Specials, too. As I say not really connected but a wierd thing in same category.
... and when the only available unit has immunity, the game gets stuck waiting for you to target something.

I just came across this bug as well.

I used Cantarella together with Syanna (Order: Repeat the deploy ability of the next unit you play during this turn) and drawn 2 cards in a turn. The trap was drawn out first and everything happened just like in the original post. Because my arrow got stuck I couldn't even play the other card because it was supposed to play after the trap.

After round ends, the cards got played randomly and the rest of the game goes normal as well.

This is bug is pretty annoying because Cantarella pulling a trap isn't that occasional and this actually affects the gameplay.

By the way, I noticed that the cardback he uses is different from the trap pulled because I was playing in arena. And when the trap was automatically laid, the cardback color was Nilfgaard, but it turned out to be a Scoia'tael trap instead.

I've had it happen a few times with cantarella pulling traps. I didn't send a ticket since i don't it only happens in that isolated situation and i don't use that deck often but the issue it there, and it should be fixed.

Top Bottom