Car Brakes Mechanic Discussion

+
Hello everyone! Many players have already spoken about the car brakes, especially of the Caliburn. In this thread I want to try to find the answer, what exactly is wrong with it.

First, I've done some testing with brakes. So Caliburn brakes 210 – 0 in 3 seconds, 100 – 0 in 2 seconds, 60 – 0 in 1.8 seconds. Yeah, this result was totally weird for me.

The next step is to ask myself, what is wrong with it? In the real supercar, you would notice that stopping from 210 to 0 would actually not be consistent. It's because brakes getting warmer and works worse, than at the beginning. Braking from 30 to 0 in traffic should be almost instant, because there is no time for huge titanium brakes to even get a bit warmer. What is going with Caliburn?

If you push the car to 100 mph and release the gas pedal, then press brakes after a few seconds, the car would stop almost instantly. But if you press the brakes right after the gas, it would take huge amount of time, before the car stops. So my suspicion is, that “V is pressing the brakes, while slowly releasing the gas pedal”. So the car starts to brake, but because of gas pedal release is not instant, but over time, the brakes are fighting against gas pedal and there for the stopping process takes way longer. You can also notice that the more PS the car has, the worse are the brakes (Aerondight has this issue too). So Caliburn has obviously the worst situation, because it has the most PS of all cars.

The next test is with handbrakes. If you try to stop your car with it and release the brakes, you would notice, that car suddenly accelerates. That proves my suspicion, that the gas pedal release is not instant, but takes a while, what makes braking process worse, depending on how much PS the car has.

I would like to hear your opinion on this theory, or maybe you noticed something different, before I would send it to technical support.

Hello everyone! Many players have already spoken about the car brakes, especially of the Caliburn. In this thread I want to try to find the answer, what exactly is wrong with it.

First, I've done some testing with brakes. So Caliburn brakes 210 – 0 in 3 seconds, 100 – 0 in 2 seconds, 60 – 0 in 1.8 seconds. Yeah, this result was totally weird for me.

The next step is to ask myself, what is wrong with it? In the real supercar, you would notice that stopping from 210 to 0 would actually not be consistent. It's because brakes getting warmer and works worse, than at the beginning. Braking from 30 to 0 in traffic should be almost instant, because there is no time for huge titanium brakes to even get a bit warmer. What is going with Caliburn?

If you push the car to 100 mph and release the gas pedal, then press brakes after a few seconds, the car would stop almost instantly. But if you press the brakes right after the gas, it would take huge amount of time, before the car stops. So my suspicion is, that “V is pressing the brakes, while slowly releasing the gas pedal”. So the car starts to brake, but because of gas pedal release is not instant, but over time, the brakes are fighting against gas pedal and there for the stopping process takes way longer. You can also notice that the more PS the car has, the worse are the brakes (Aerondight has this issue too). So Caliburn has obviously the worst situation, because it has the most PS of all cars.

The next test is with handbrakes. If you try to stop your car with it and release the brakes, you would notice, that car suddenly accelerates. That proves my suspicion, that the gas pedal release is not instant, but takes a while, what makes braking process worse, depending on how much PS the car has.

I would like to hear your opinion on this theory, or maybe you noticed something different, before I would send it to technical support.
Greetings. I feel ya with most points.

If I were to guess, I'd say the acceleration and deceleration/braking, is being orchestrated by an internal axis, that turns accordingly when accelerating and braking. Noticed since launch that when you brake and then let go of the brakes, the vehicle, actually continues to brake, NOT roll out, and when you then accelerate, the vehicle then brakes for a fraction of a sec, gear shifts back, then starts to accelerate, like as if the axis needs to get out of the braking section before it can make the vehicle accelerate.

(The axis being the same as the steering wheel really. Left is accelerate, right is decelerate. You can never accelerate/decelerate simultaneously).

This behavior combined with the vehicle .inis, with which you can reconfigure the vehicles, tells me that this is just how the vehicles were programmed to handle in this game, and that it is working as intended.

You can adjust any vehicle's brakes on PC with mods so it brakes within a very short amount of time, or takes much longer to stop. Ever since 1.5, the wheels almost always block when braking with every vehicle, so that is something that I myself would like CDPR change back/fix.

Driving is part of the game but it's not a driving simulator. They are there to get around the city not as a separate game or to be ultra realistic.

Driving is part of the game but it's not a driving simulator. They are there to get around the city not as a separate game or to be ultra realistic.
It is not about a driving mechanics being bad. It is possible that there is a bug, which in some situations make the brakes work poorly, and the car takes huge amount of time to stop. I am here trying to find the reason for it to report it.

Top Bottom