Car chase really needs some work in Sinnerman

+
It was a great mission. Loved the whole crucifixion thing, asking for and giving forgiveness, corpos making money off of peoples emotions, but the beginning sucked...

I think there is another thread about the obvious spawning of an "obstacle car" every time you approach an intersection during the car chase and that is more annoying than fun...

What was worse for me, was the crash of the car. Bill shouts out that we need to hit the brakes about 5 seconds before the other car crashes, and we were about 120m meters behind them and in no imminent danger of collision. Also the crashing looked awful. They weren't going fast enough that it should be a problem for them to avoid the obstacle. In other words the whole scene came off as amateurish crap compared to what the rest of Cyberpunk 2077 has to offer animation wise.

First time I arrived there I died because Bill was very far behind me and though I heard him shout that he wanted to kill joshua I had no idea that I was suposed to just stand and watch Bill get gunned down so I opened fire on the NCPD guy (forgot his name) and he immediately flatlined me... like 1-shot kill. It would be nice if such things were kind of hinted at a little better or if it was simply not possible to fire at an npc that you are not allowed to kill. I mean you do it plenty of other times in the game, where the gun is simply not available due to relic malfunction, or having been knocked down.

EDIT: It just struck me like 3 seconds after posting. The best way to create this chase scene so it works the way you want and feel dramatic to the player is to have Bill drive the car. The player's role could be to try and shoot the tires of the other car while chasing. Have our car crash into theirs and have the player down on his belly, while Bill gets up faster and goes to the other car to get shot. It wont matter so much that it crashes at a pre-determined spot regardless of how we shoot, just like in the car chase scene with Jackie right after The Rescue.

Last edited:

"CAR CHASE REALLY NEEDS SOME WORK IN SINNERMAN"

If I didn't knew better, I'd say the car chase was already evaluated back in 1.2, and is wholly working as intended. Believe it or not you can evade all traffic if you play it smart.

First time I arrived there I died because Bill was very far behind me and though I heard him shout that he wanted to kill joshua I had no idea that I was suposed to just stand and watch Bill get gunned down so I opened fire on the NCPD guy
Even if the car chase is probably the worst in the game, I think Bill said you at the start (in the car while waiting) to especially to not shot on other poeple than Joshua :)
V : "Wait, he won't be alone ?
Bill : "Avoid shooting at them, only he has to die today !"

But killing Joshua is an option, "risky", not very smart, but the GIG is completed and V is paid by Wakako :)

I could live with a scripted car chase which looks the same every time, but execution once they hit roadblock is really poorly done. Pawel Sasko commented on that and I think they are not blind and can see that this one moment doesnt work as they would like. This unfortunately represends a bit of CP2077 in general where in overall great expierence you will discover from time to time the element which feels just off. Quality balance is something they are missing.

It's a weird, janky beginning to an otherwise outstanding quest.

I recently replayed this section last night as part of my umpteenth playthrough, and it really sticks out. The pursuit itself is needlessly frustrating with scripted vehicles obviously appearing to obstruct the player, and for the first time since purchasing the game (and about a dozen playthroughs) I decided not to bother with Joshua's quest and shoot him after refusing to go with him, and yep, Vasquez killed me in 0.5 seconds - I'm level 40 at this point with legendary gear and cyberware (inc subdermal armour) so that was interesting.

I think there needs to be a clearly defined moment where the player has the opportunity to either agree to go with Stephenson or fulfil Jablonsky's contract (with Jablonsky surviving instead of being shot at the end of that awkwardly lengthy walk to the NCPD vehicle).

For me personally was the worst my first playthrough of this mission when I simply had no idea what is going on. I played it also in English which only made it more difficult for me. Maybe it was done purposely so, but I enjoyed that part of story much more (and this applies for numerous other gigs) on my 2nd and next plays. However is also fact, that later I with a relief used "shortcut" and ended this mission early during my latest play. It was in the end not exactly my cup of tea (to experience it all again). So ... nicely done (story, atmosphere), but this part had for me limited replayability. In regard to technical "car chasing" part ... I fear it will need bigger changes in game bacground to be possible make it better. Maybe next-gen update may be cornerstone for this, but this is just my wishfull thinking atm.

Yeah, it is a weird beginning to it with the spawned in vehicles at intersections being a little off putting, although accidents are very avoidable. On my current 1.31 I was actually looking forward to trying it in the rain, as it was raining just as I sat down to wait, but sadly the quest must force a weather change to sunny because as soon as the wait ended...

I wonder why CDPR choose to do that in this particular quest, because it's not fun :(
And it's not "difficult" to do it in another way because there is also a car chase during Dream On (Peralez) and it happen in middle in the "normal" random traffic and at the time you trigger it (at night there is almost no traffic and at day you have to deal with the other cars).
And yeah like @Zebedee77 said, even during Dream On, if it rain, you drive under the rain :)

I wonder why CDPR choose to do that in this particular quest, because it's not fun :(
And it's not "difficult" to do it in another way because there is also a car chase during Dream On (Peralez) and it happen in middle in the "normal" random traffic and at the time you trigger it (at night there is almost no traffic and at day you have to deal with the other cars).
And yeah like @Zebedee77 said, even during Dream On, if it rain, you drive under the rain :)
We can also see it done slightly better in the Side Job "Burning Desire", where we have to drive Flaming Crotch Man to a Ripperdoc; things get in the way, but they make much more sense than scripted vehicles appearing to make us crash ... which makes me wonder if it's possible to actually fail the pursuit with Jablonsky?

which makes me wonder if it's possible to actually fail the pursuit with Jablonsky?
From what I know it's even if you are fast or quite slow, the NCPD car still "waiting" you a little (now after some playthroughs, I know where and when cars/trucks arrive and how to avoid them. But it don't change anything).
What I don't know, if you go away or even go in a different direction, the quest will fail or not. Not sure, not tested, but pretty confident the quest would fail. Because in most of quests, if you go away too far, the quest fail except in main quest line obviously.

Top Bottom