Car customization has been dropped

+
Alternatively at around 9:03 in the IGN interview linked in the article Pavel mentions it has been removed.

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but this came as news to me.
Bit of a bummer, I never expected NFS:Underground levels of customization but I was looking forward to at least changing the paintjob to my liking on my bikes and cars :shrug:

Maybe an idea for future DLCs like they added the die system to the armors in TW3.

My car or bike will be an accessory, nothing more =P But... yeah, I know some folks wanted to change their vehicles appearance.

Shame, car customization is fun. But it's hardly an essential thing for an RPG that doesn't revolve around cars;vehicles, so while I can definitely understand people who are/will be disappointed I can also understand the devs' decision. It's not like they'd advertised it as a major thing, anyway.

Bit of a bummer, I never expected NFS:Underground levels of customization but I was looking forward to at least changing the paintjob to my liking on my bikes and cars :shrug:

Maybe an idea for future DLCs like they added the die system to the armors in TW3.

If there are things to be dropped so CP2077 can reach an earlier launch window, I am fine with this being one of them. It can be added at a later date after all, all such things.

I never customized a car in a GTA-type games unless i was required to do so..
bummer for anyone who was looking forward to this
on side note, while i understand cut content is the norm for any game, CDPR should STOP overpromising things because it will only result in biting them in the ass
apartments, car customization, flathead of the top of my head, im really worried about whatever might happen next

There has been a lot of "maybes" and "mights" about car customization the whole time. I think there was only one interview where a dev seemed confident it would be in. So not really surprised.

It will be free dlc after launch, cdpr style :cool:
This is pretty much the only time I'd care. If they drop it, then they drop it. I'd be more focused on the character aspect of customization. That being said, if they cut it and then add it back as "free DLC because we're good guys" then I'd be pretty annoyed by a blatant PR move.

This is pretty much the only time I'd care. If they drop it, then they drop it. I'd be more focused on the character aspect of customization. That being said, if they cut it and then add it back as "free DLC because we're good guys" then I'd be pretty annoyed by a blatant PR move.

Isn't that a little bit TOO harsh? I mean, it will still be free and gestures like this have always been their policy. They don't cut it out to make a PR move. It just isn't finished yet.

Never cared about car customization even in GTA. I'm more worried that more announced features get cut and it certainly affects people's impression.

Well this is disappointing, I was thinking there's a mafia-style system where you have a garage of cars that you own, and can customize them with choices of paint, engine, wheels, window tint, livery, weapons etc. Really hope it comes as a DLC atleast.

Shame, car customization is fun. But it's hardly an essential thing for an RPG that doesn't revolve around cars;vehicles, so while I can definitely understand people who are/will be disappointed I can also understand the devs' decision. It's not like they'd advertised it as a major thing, anyway.
My Chrysalis highwayman disproves your bold statement, blue collar. Vehicle upgrade is totally inline with RPGs.
1593369510686.png

I said revolving around cars/vehicles. Which Cyberpunk certainly won't be.

Vehicle customization actually fits VERY well within cyberpunk universe
, if there is universe where vehicle customization fits very well in, its cyberpunk universe, because your STYLE matters, your STYLE is everything, it definies you, what you wear, what you drive it matters. people litereally treat their bodies in this world like sport cars to be customized and modified to fit one's personal needs and tastes.
So yeah your body, what you wear and what you drive matters and people costumize everything in this world, Its a bit jarring and immersion breaking when in such immersive game you are only one who cant customize their car.

With that in mind lack of this doesnt ruin game for me, I am still very excited Ijust wanted to point out that vehicle customization is part of this universe themes, hell when we were shown concept art of different styles we also saw vehicles asociated with those styles. It shows that your vehicle(how it looks) is part of your style.

Top Bottom