Car customization has been dropped

+
Of course, you're not worried...no one ever worries about things they don't care about being excluded from a game and they can't understand why others care about it so much. The funny thing is when something they do care about winds up no longer in the game, then they can't understand why others don't care about it as much as them. :censored:
This game is about the writing, characters and story choices. Everything else is added bonuses. If people really care about car customization so much then maybe this isn't the game they're looking for? People are expecting too much from CDPR. This isn't GTA. Let's appreciate Cyberpunk 2077 for what it is (there will be DLC and expansions in the future too). Another company would've split this game into two and packed it full of microtransactions.

I feel bad for the devs because some people are acting like they've wronged them.

This game is about the writing, characters and story choices. Everything else is added bonuses. If people really care about car customization so much then maybe this isn't the game they're looking for? People are expecting too much from CDPR. This isn't GTA. Let's appreciate Cyberpunk 2077 for what it is (there will be DLC and expansions in the future too). Another company would've split this game into two and packed it full of microtransactions.

I feel bad for the devs because some people are acting like they've wronged them.
One of the really big reasons I care so much about car customization in Cyberpunk2077 is because of how important the story is in Cyberpunk2077. It is always so depressing and disappointing for me whenever I played other games that contained car customization, but no story. Car customization without any good story to the game, is just a car customization simulator, which is boring and depressing. The fact that Cyberpunk2077 has such emphasis on the story and the world and the lore, means that the car I customize, if I were able to, is so much more important. Now is has some level of meaning in the lore of this game world, and not just some random no-name customized car. Now the customized car, is V's Customized car. That makes it extremely important and meaningful now. = huge story and immersion boost. The fact that it's V's customized car enriches the whole experience further, rather than it just being "V's random cardboard copy paste car that's always seen being driven by other people in night city"

Can anyone tell me if there was also so much noise when W3 came out, when people saw that there is no Roach customization in the game?

Can anyone tell me if there was also so much noise when W3 came out, when people saw that there is no Roach customization in the game?
I wasn't around back then so I don't know, but I do know Roach can be customized. Not the horse herself (except kinda, with choices), yeah, but the accessories.
Which is more than this no customization on cars -- but there being multiple vehicles to choose from balances that out well enough imo.

Horses don't really drift. I mean, well, Roach drifted a little. Okay Roach drifted a lot. Sometimes. I mean. Horses are interesting, but I can't chop a horse up in a garage and modify it with a spoiler. It would be animal cruelty. Horses don't motor oil.
It's just two very different things.
Post automatically merged:

I wasn't around back then so I don't know, but I do know Roach can be customized. Not the horse herself (except kinda, with choices), yeah, but the accessories.
Which is more than this no customization on cars -- but there being multiple vehicles to choose from balances that out well enough imo.
But those choices will always be the same. :cry:

Really, no customization for cars? I expected that just because... seems normal to expect to me?
I wanted to make a vehicle my own, really does bum me out.
I know it wasn't like a promised feature, so hope I don't come off that way, I just really expected it, but then again the only games I played where I had a car to drive were GTA and racing games, so it just seemed normal to me. Hoping they add it later.

I wonder how many car/motorcycle options there will be then? Hoping for a lot, but man, really wanted a special vehicle :(

The city is massive and you have to unlock quicktravel points before you can use them. Doesn't make much sense with tram line though?! Its not like I have to walk to destination first before I can buy a tram ticket there in real life..
THIS! in open world games this 'issue' with how players use public transit might be what raises my blood pressure the most. i actively have to forgive games for this.

We talked and argued about many things back then as well. Not Roach modifications specifically but other things like how alchemy worked, UI...

Looking back at it now all of it feels so unimportant in the grand scale of things and seeing how TW3 turned out. My advice to people is to not get too invested in these small arguments (feedback is obviously useful), there's a bigger picture here. And that goes for me too (see recent thread about youtubers being quest NPCs).

We talked and argued about many things back then as well. Not Roach modifications specifically but other things like how alchemy worked, UI...

Looking back at it now all of it feels so unimportant in the grand scale of things and seeing how TW3 turned out. My advice to people is to not get too invested in these small arguments (feedback is obviously useful), there's a bigger picture here. And that goes for me too (see recent thread about youtubers being quest NPCs).
This is akin to seeing the sky falling and my friend says "nahh... don't worry. it will be fine..." and it's totally not fine.

Hey, I'll throw a wrench into the proceedings;

Could you define what Car Customization means in the context of Cyberpunk 2077?

One of the really big reasons I care so much about car customization in Cyberpunk2077 is because of how important the story is in Cyberpunk2077. It is always so depressing and disappointing for me whenever I played other games that contained car customization, but no story. Car customization without any good story to the game, is just a car customization simulator, which is boring and depressing.
Okay... Two points lol. V isn't mega rich so he wouldn't be able to afford to customize his own car? And we don't know how many cars there are in game. Cars and motorbikes.

Okay... Two points lol. V isn't mega rich so he wouldn't be able to afford to customize his own car? And we don't know how many cars there are in game. Cars and motorbikes.
V will be very successful though! Surely we will not wander the whole entire game with no money? Lots of cars means nothing if I can not customize them, if they're all the same usual ones, I am sad.
Post automatically merged:

Hey, I'll throw a wrench into the proceedings;

Could you define what Car Customization means in the context of Cyberpunk 2077?
car customization like in the games with really good car customization.

So, like in Gran Turismo, then?
It's an example, but it doesn't have to be limited to only those options of course. Some car customization games offer very little customization, and some others go into much deeper detail and allow much more in depth cosmetic changes that can completely change the look of the car unless you look at it from a certain angle. Some games even allow changes to the engines to upgrade them and change their performance and lots of other things. Some games include some car customization that others don't, so I hope CDProjektRed goes all out and decides to add a really comprehensive list of customization options if possible, with their own personal touch of course. :giggle:

It's an example, but it doesn't have to be limited to only those options of course.

So, a open world RPG should have car customization above and beyond that of a car simulator, for that to be called car customization and anything short of that, isn't and won't?

Highly customizable characters and more missions OR highly customizable cars and killing tools?

I choose the character customization. I would rather all other skins can be added with an update or dlc. Especially since I would rather not have any more delays with a claim like the game is finished and just needs polish.

People are acting like car customization has never ever been done in a video game before.
"Impossible"
cmon

Not what i said.

Expecting a game to be the pinnacle of every possible genera in one game is what's impossible. Hence "all things to all people" it will never be that. nothing ever is.

Top Bottom