Car customization is back? Or a little bit of it?

+
The new Cyberpunk 2077 Rides of the Dark Future has a lot of new and interesting details about the cars in CP2077. One thing that caught my attention were the words exchangeable parts and tuning. CDprojek Red stated that car customization was removed from the game, but maybe they re-added it back in or at-least some of it?

In the video at the time stamp, the narrator says the following, "Their powerful engines and exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning." Is this some sort of hint that car customization is back in? It would seem kinda pointless to mention tuning and exchangeable parts, if you could not do those in game.

No, I don't think so. What they are referring to is performance not customization

Swapping out parts to have better handling or acceleration etc

In the video at the time stamp, the narrator says the following, "Their powerful engines and exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning." Is this some sort of hint that car customization is back in? It would seem kinda pointless to mention tuning and exchangeable parts, if you could not do those in game.

I don't think they are customizable. That was just a bit of advertising speech. The same way Star Wars spaceship guide describes the Corellian Engineering Corp YT-1300, aka the "Millennium Falcon". Sure the model was made to be endlessly modifiable, doesn't mean you can ever modify any part of it in a star wars game.

The car models may be the only variation that we will get. I did notice forever, that the Quadra turbo R datasheet describes its door mount as "fold" even though in the 44-minute demo Jackies Quadra definitely had a sliding door.

I don't think they are customizable. That was just a bit of advertising speech. The same way Star Wars spaceship guide describes the Corellian Engineering Corp YT-1300, aka the "Millennium Falcon". Sure the model was made to be endlessly modifiable, doesn't mean you can ever modify any part of it in a star wars game.

If true then it's kinda disappointing. But on that side note, the driving mechanics do look much better than before, so it balances everything out.

I think that it will be sort of preset customizations. So we won't choose for ourselves each part of a vehicle, but we will choose from an already created designs that reflect the different styles of Cyberpunk.

The new Cyberpunk 2077 Rides of the Dark Future has a lot of new and interesting details about the cars in CP2077. One thing that caught my attention were the words exchangeable parts and tuning. CDprojek Red stated that car customization was removed from the game, but maybe they re-added it back in or at-least some of it?

It's important to note that "Visual" car customization won't be a thing. But you'll be able to upgrade your car.
Yea that does make me curious.

I hope more customization options will be added to the game later, either through free updates or DLC. The fact that this was how armor customization came to TW3 gives me a bit of hope. Customization is a huge part of immersion for me, and even simple solid colors would be better than nothing in my opinion.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I immediately interpreted what she said as a more "in universe" description. As in, they're popular vehicles for tuning because, in universe, the parts can be replaced easily.

It's easy to over analyze a single sentence and draw too many inferences from it, so don't go taking too much from it.

I hope more customization options will be added to the game later, either through free updates or DLC. The fact that this was how armor customization came to TW3 gives me a bit of hope. Customization is a huge part of immersion for me, and even simple solid colors would be better than nothing in my opinion.
Yea I hope so too, but if we get customization then I hope we get really deep customization. Colors are nice, but I want it all. :shrug:
I will gladly wait for DLC.:shrug:
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I immediately interpreted what she said as a more "in universe" description. As in, they're popular vehicles for tuning because, in universe, the parts can be replaced easily.

It's easy to over analyze a single sentence and draw too many inferences from it, so don't go taking too much from it.
I Love CDPR but either there are upgrades in the game we didn't know about, or it's a very poor choice of wording considering how many people care about that kind of stuff. Fair constructive criticism. :shrug:

I Love CDPR but either there are upgrades in the game we didn't know about, or it's a very poor choice of wording considering how many people care about that kind of stuff. Fair constructive criticism. :shrug:

I also interpreted it as in-universe. I don't really see it as a poor choice of words. If cars were customizable, they would be upfront about telling us that it's a feature. They wouldn't say it in a way that could be misconstrued, it would be like "YOU can make each vehicle your own (scene of car with paint jobs cycling). We can't WAIT to see what players make" or something like that.

I'm quite surprised to see the discussion talking as though we aren't sure about this. It has actually been confirmed it isn't in the game, and I also recall hearing "performance" customiziation is in.

"Sasko confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 will not have vehicle customisation, which will be a huge disappointment to many players. "When it comes to vehicles, as a player, you can own different vehicles but you do not really customise them, you actually own vehicles that have already been customised," Sasko explained . "You can find different vehicles that are already tuned-up but you do not do it yourself." "

I do hope so too. My guess is that car customization was making the game buggy/unstable, so they initially removed it. Then at a later time when the game has matured enough, they'll add it back in as a form of free DLC.

Armour in TW3 is customisable? News to me. About the only customisation I can do is to dye my witcher armour, and the interface is so clunky I don't bother.

Armour in TW3 is customisable? News to me. About the only customisation I can do is to dye my witcher armour, and the interface is so clunky I don't bother.

I think he meant armor customization as in changing your gear for each body part, such as torso, hands, legs, etc.

.....Yes. You can customize the color of your witcher armor with armor dyes, which was a feature that was only added in the Blood & Wine DLC. Which was far better than nothing imo, even though I would've liked to see more options. I had a lot of fun with it.

Top Bottom