Car Flatlining You

+
Anyone else think its insane that a car traveling at 15mph will instantly flat-line V?

This bearing in mind it doesn't matter what cyberware you have (titanium bones etc), armor mods etc. It doesn't matter, cars are more dangerous than an emp rocket fired directly at you in cyberpunk, clearly.

Also kind of drives me nuts that nobody in night city ever tries to stop their car when they either see another car coming or see a pedestrian, like does nobody but V's car have breaks?

Yep it's all bad logic. Ped cars can't stomp on breaks. They have to do the regular slow down. Cyberwear doesn't make you a brick wall or reduce damage. The game has an ability that does a super hero ground stomp. So don't argue about "unrealistic" body mods that would stop a car.

Phair

Forum regular
It's always a good idea to think for a minute before you post.
Think: you're not a tank!
Think: your cyber enhancements are mostly electronics.
Think: you still have squishy parts!
Think: your (titanium bones) are inside those squishy parts
Think: a car, that weighs a ton or more traveling 15 miles an hour?
Think: look both ways before you cross the street.
I can add several more things to think about but you get the idea.

ummm..excuse me? I DID look both ways before I crossed the street. Nobody said anything about looking UP!

I didn't start having this problem until I got the passive skill that keeps you from getting knocked down in combat. It's in one of the "body" trees.

The only thing exposed above the titanium bones is your skin. Half the time the skin is also fake. That's why I also said reduced damage. Meaning you can get thrown, but receive less damage. If you can rip off metal doors. To be able to do this. Your body is able to exert thousands of pounds of force. This means your body must be able to withstand that the force against it. So you would have to be very close to being a brick wall. To move said body means you are also stronger all around. Jackie was able to lift cars in the preview. So we have a base line on what enhancements can do.

Not to mention double jumping and super jumping. Which would take 2000 pounds of force to propel you up around 30 feet. Legs have to be able to take that pounding. Very basic math based on a car going at 45 mph. That's not slowing down. You should be able to withstand 50% of the impact hit. So 50% of your health should be depleted. Than again this game doesn't have much logic. You're able to use the gorilla arms without the titanium bones. Bone upgrades should be a requirement before arm and leg modifications. People also naturally born can rip off doors. With just working out. So than are humans in general overall stronger?

Even if you look both ways nobody in night city seems to have breaks.
Even if you look both ways, sometimes cars drop on your head
'your cyber enhancements are mostly electronics, erm nope, what about subdermal armor, my gorilla arms, reinforced tendons, titanium bones. There arnt many 'squishy' parts left, not to mention the 7000+ armor I have on my clothing.
a car that weighs a ton traveling at 15 mph, yeah that wouldn't flat line you, it wouldn't even flat line a child, thats why speed limmits around schools are mostly 20mph.

When I was a kid my parents taught me to look left and right before crossing a road. Too bad they didn't know that in Night City cars spawn behind you after you turn your head to the other side! :shrug:

Dont know about cars dropping on your head but looks like V1.2 patch is going to fix the issue of V been flatlined by cars knocking you down.

If you have the rock perk, it will no longer flatline V (y)

Top Bottom