Car Racing is complete joke with Cheating AI

+
Why is the car racing in Cyberpunk completely ruined by AI teleporting and cheating and you basically can never outrun them by more then few meters. What is the point of even including this crap in the game when you can't design a proper racing AI? Seriously what is CDPR thinking doing this sort of lazy nonsense in a 2020 game.

Would love to know what others think. Is there a chance CDPR will get their crap together and actually fix this nonsense?

Which race? I've only participated in the first three but completely obliterated them by more than a few car lengths.

I got the caliburn in the cave and went to do the race with that and outrun them by miles. The problem instead is that if you crash or stop they will never loose you, they just simply wait/ slow down until you get back behind them. So it's the other way around

Which race? I've only participated in the first three but completely obliterated them by more than a few car lengths.
The game has rubber banding race ai's.

If you get far enough ahead, they're teleported to a certain distance behind you.
You can never get further than that away from them.

I got the caliburn in the cave and went to do the race with that and outrun them by miles. The problem instead is that if you crash or stop they will never loose you, they just simply wait/ slow down until you get back behind them. So it's the other way around

This is actually great news for me, as I suck with driving (especially with cars) so I was worried that I had to spend few frustrating hours just to win one race. :p

I thought the races were really chinsy. They weren't hard, but there were forced encounters. I stayed way ahead of the pack, but whenever Claire, who is hot and I love those thick curves, would say "car coming up looking to ram", a car would teleport right behind me and do that. It wasn't difficult but it ruined the immersion. Also the quest is a one off like this game, so it is kind of pointless. I wanted to get with Claire after words for that thick thick lovin', but alas I couldn't. Maybe I messed up that outcome... so sad... Guess it's just skinny "perfect" chicks in this game... LAME!!!

Last edited:
The game has rubber banding race ai's.

If you get far enough ahead, they're teleported to a certain distance behind you.
You can never get further than that away from them.

Lol. I wish I knew this but I'm glad I know now, for the next races. I would just use Claire's truck and would start sweating every time I got too loose around turns. Knowing I can't lose feels a little better.

Also, did anyone else know that our beloved Claire was transgender?

Yeah the scripted rubberbanding "racing" is dumb. Like so many other things in the game, it seems like things are done in a very old and outdated way. "Groundbreaking!" :rolleyes:

Also, did anyone else know that our beloved Claire was transgender?
Just a heads up, I got moderated (comment removed) in another thread when I mentioned that.

I thought the car races had at least interesting layouts, especially the second one, but worse than rubber-banding competitors, I dislike this game's car mechanics in general. Will elaborate elsewhere.

10/10, finally I'm allowed to create a thread. smh

Top Bottom