Caranthir and 'what now??'

+
Caranthir and 'what now??'

So Caranthir just feels like Jotun now without the damage and a practically useless weather. Should we mill the Caranthir? And honestly, what now? My two main decks that heavily incorporated weather just feel useless now. I wish I could mill the entire Monster collection, like i did with some of the other cards I had from factions I wasn't interested in all to get the Monster cards i needed! What a waste!

Salticidae;n9083420 said:
So Caranthir just feels like Jotun now without the damage and a practically useless weather. Should we mill the Caranthir? And honestly, what now? My two main decks that heavily incorporated weather just feel useless now. I wish I could mill the entire Monster collection, like i did with some of the other cards I had from factions I wasn't interested in all to get the Monster cards i needed! What a waste!

Mill Caranthir for sure, he's one of the worst golds in the game now.
keep your bronzes though, never mill those away. just not worth it.

DarkShuyin;n9083590 said:
Mill Caranthir for sure, he's one of the worst golds in the game now.
keep your bronzes though, never mill those away. just not worth it.

My only fear is that he's SOOO bad, I'm almost sure they will change him in some way in the future, you know? Like, there's no way a Gold of that low quality is going to make it through another patch without everyone yelling about it.... right?

Salticidae;n9083650 said:
My only fear is that he's SOOO bad, I'm almost sure they will change him in some way in the future, you know? Like, there's no way a Gold of that low quality is going to make it through another patch without everyone yelling about it.... right?

Sure, but by that time you're sure to have 800 scraps again right? I milled my Caranthir for Geralt: Igni (because you can trade Caranthir for full value for 3 days now, use it)
I plan on getting Caranthir back once CDPR found a way to make the Wild Hunt archetype work again ;)

Yeah, he's definitely not worth keeping at this point. I milled him immediately and replaced one of my silvers with the Jotun to get a similar effect.

Didn't mill him but only because I can afford not to. Disappointed that Dagon/Eredin decks have basically become useless. Even with no one teching against weather much at the moment I was still getting destroyed in matches since this patch went up, just can't keep up with high tempo decks anymore. Switched over to Consume Monster instead and have been steadily climbing the ladder with it. Dagon just took his ball and walked home, think I saw a lone tear drop fall.

Dude i changed to monsters consume and doing awesome with it. Adapt to meta in same faction. Monsters faction is my favourite for a reason. if you want i can help you build ur deck.

Capnpunchy;n9095050 said:
Disappointed that Dagon/Eredin decks have basically become useless.

Dagon deck is still one of the most played, consistent and top tier at higher mmr.

yeah plenty of dagon at 4000mmr, my eredin deck is so nerfed :(
i use zoltan instead of carantir now :(

Nekrolyst;n9126750 said:
Try out Dagon butterfly swarm, top tier imo.

I have started switching between Dagon swarm and Elder Consume with great success at both. Butterfly swarm is great fun to play especially since I never seem to lose to NG reveal anymore. Oh so satisfying.

Pruny;n9128210 said:
yeah plenty of dagon at 4000mmr, my eredin deck is so nerfed :(
i use zoltan instead of carantir now :(

I stopped playing my eredin deck since the start of this patch. It got nerfed to the max. I reached rank 15 with eredin and when this patch started , i tried it in casual and got humiliated 3 games in a row . So i switched to monsters consume and never regretted it. Now i am rank 18. Still though Eredin will stay as my favourite leader in the game.

Caranthir got hit hard by the weather nerf. Although I think the nerf to weather was OK, Caranthir was one of those units with weather synergy that didn't get updated to compensate for the nerf. Having said that, I still use him to line up units for Igni, since my silver slots are already full and I don't want to swap any of them for Jotunn. The frost effect still gives me reasonable value most of the time though, since I use to play him towards the end of the match when most players have already exhausted whatever anti-weather cards they had.

DoubleC76ps4;n9321841 said:
Caranthir used to have a value of 5. Went to a value of 9 to compensate for weather nerf, I believe.

I thought that was in the closed beta? Anyway you might be right, it's hard to keep track of all the changes.

My point is, while not great, it's far from a useless gold, and it is not restricted to Wild Hunt decks.

Chiefbloodfang;n9544011 said:
Tbh my wild don't do badly I don't see the problem

Nobody said that WH is bad. It's tier 2 deck if built properly. But Caranthir is bad card. It's outright worse than Jotun. Especially with Gold Immunity gone.

Top Bottom