Card Art easter-eggs and interesting details

+
Sorry for creating another thread, but I really don't know where to post this...
There's a lot of interesting details and allusions in Gwent art, and it would be amazing to gather them here, in one place :)
Now I have not enough time, but tomorrow I'll share more easter-eggs.

For now: I think Crowmother was inspired by Heilung's vocalist... So much ;D

crowmother Heilung.jpg

Another interesting detail is hidden in new Harald's Round 2 card art:

Harald.jpg

Also something really interesting from Reddit:

dulla.jpg

If you have some more interesting easter-eggs and easy to overlook details, please, share them with us below :)

Last edited:
Interesting thread thanks for sharing... I'm still trying to figure out how Roach got on the roof xD

I'm still trying to figure out how Roach got on the roof xD
It's easter egg according to glitches and bugs with Roach in Witcher 3.. When you whistled, she could appear in various strange places around you. It is interesting that I have never had similar problems myself, but you can see many of them on youtube.

Intriguing thread indeed. Thanks for sharing.

I don't have that much, but this is worth mentioning:
Angoulême wears the same necklace by @SMiki55
This one is not mine, but Mboro's :) My version is a bit more "period": "sea cat" in medieval era was used to describe guenon monkeys brought to Poland by sailors, it was started to be depicted as normal cat after Hanseatic League lost its importance (heralds could not longer identify the animal). You can check Trivia section for more info: https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Angoulême#Trivia

rrc

Forum veteran
Sorry for creating another thread, but I really don't know where to post this...
There's a lot of interesting details and allusions in Gwent art, and it would be amazing to gather them here, in one place :)
Now I have not enough time, but tomorrow I'll share more easter-eggs.

For now: I think Crowmother was inspired by Heilung's vocalist... So much ;D

Another interesting detail is hidden in new Harald's Round 2 card art:

View attachment 11046131

Also something really interesting from Reddit:

View attachment 11046134

If you have some more interesting easter-eggs and easy to overlook details, please, share them with us below :)
The Harald's evolving card find is just awesome. The bronze card is so tiny in the Harald's card and you managed to find it! You have a super keen eye and curiosity! Bravo!!
The Third one where Gertalt is shopping, I thought was very obvious and everyone knows about it and I realised it the first time I saw those two cards together.

I guess almost everyone knows already about the Triss nude Picture showing up on Whoreson's Freakshow.

The Townsfolk is also on the Ofiri Merchant Card.
View attachment 11046419
View attachment 11046422
I don't know what you are talking about Freakshow but I will have to immediately open and find out :p .. The Townsfolk find is awesome! Bravo!! I didn't realise that until you showed.

Full credit again goes to ALL of the Gwent artists. It is what makes the game great. Well, other than dealing with Nilfgaard, of course. Sorry...that's another thread! :)

I dont know about the freakshow one, can you post it so i could see it for.... science.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here even if it's blurry it's probably still considered NSFW.

Just Google "18+ Triss Merigold Easter Egg in Whoreson's Freak Show" there is A reddit post with some one showing it in his stream, but don't expect to much it's just one Triss Playboy Picture showing up for a few seconds.

There are tons of Easter eggs, we have collected a few on our blog and in some other posts there as well - and probably still missed a ton. And those are artwork related, not even counting all the voice line references.
Triss and other premiums are described and linked here - or just bring some meteorite powder, some time and a keen eye to see for yourself.

Not sure how widely known this one is, but if you look at the tree branches above AXEL THREE-EYES head, you'll find the BONE TALISMAN hanging there.

Although Johnny has Ciri 'warping' in the background, he himself appears to be doing the 'downright glorious' part of his morning routine - defecating to the sunrise! :D

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't know if someone had already posted it elsewhere, but I have just found another interesting Easter-egg. Frigate and Frigate Marine are related - I mean, even in the card art. If you look at the Frigate, you can see the Marine looking through his telescope (but being very tiny) and basically it is the same guy in Marine. Here are the two cards:
Frigate.jpg
FrigateMarine.jpg

I don't know if someone had already posted it elsewhere, but I have just found another interesting Easter-egg. Frigate and Frigate Marine are related - I mean, even in the card art. If you look at the Frigate, you can see the Marine looking through his telescope (but being very tiny) and basically it is the same guy in Marine. Here are the two cards:
View attachment 11052524View attachment 11052527
Also that's Gaunter O'Fucking Dim in the picture to the right lol (pardon my language)... I just noticed this.

Stammelford's Tremors has a Stammelford in the background casting his spell.

Also Lambert: Swordmaster has Keira Metz in background.
lambert_swordmaster.jpg
du2WVjPFKVlcNtG25IDkNmhLrIeSHOTHF66PRGfP2Mg.jpg
OBr2UPMtBgfkdcCHwefyXmMCLbJsVqXMBUV5EEGk28Q.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread ^-^

Not really an Easter egg just some lore behind Blood Eagle: the 'wings' behind him arent made up of his back skin but are actually his lungs

You can Wikipedia 'blood eagle' for details on how that works

You don't mention he has Heymay Flaminica, too. I mean, it's your avatar!
Yeah, I guess I was just to lazy to write her name.
Also that's Gaunter O'Fucking Dim in the picture to the right lol (pardon my language)... I just noticed this.
He is also in the angry mob Card.
Angry Mob by Oleksandr Kozachenko.jpg

And in smuggle.
Smuggle by Bogdan Rezunenko.jpg

View attachment 11052524
While we're at it.

Source reddit user Townaway
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-should-buy-a-boat-cat

And a Game of Thrones Easter Egg.
e2a0997.png

Source reddit User MasterQiuYan

Last edited:
Top Bottom