Card Ideas

+
I've been wanting some cards for the Rats for a while, so I tried making a couple. Then Duny kind of worked himself in there.

I ended up making cards for two members of the Rats: Spark and Cirilla. For the latter, I used a very memorable scene from the books as inspiration: during said scene, Cirilla kills someone in defense of another gang member. Hence, I made this card:

Ciri__Falka.png

Since her power is low enough to be destroyed by Alzur's Thunder, and the opponent can lock her, I decided to leave the provision cost at eight.

For Spark, I thought of the scene where she dances with Cirilla.

Spark.png

Since the condition for this card's ability is so specific, I decided to keep the provision cost low. I also elected to give her a low base-power because of how quickly you could accumulate points if said conditions are met. For example, the Scoia'tael faction has a multitude of cards whose abilities have to do with moving units. So, while this card has the potential for a lot of power, it would be useless without a carefully-crafted deck.

Finally, I made a card for Duny.

Urcheon_of_Erlenwald.png

I based his ability off the death of Pavetta, along with his own disappearance. Since this card could be exceptionally brutal when used correctly - for example, when playing against the monster faction - I gave him a provision of eight.

I've no idea if I achieved any balance with these cards, but nonetheless, I had a lot of fun making them. I might draw art for them later.

Lotan.png

Designed as an alternative to tall removed self wound golds. Both Flaminicas will get great value from it, potentially making a SK beast deck viable. The maximum amount of points it can achieve in the turn it is played is 7 by using 3/4 svalblod/harald poings.
The only thing that might "break" it is boosting it before damaging it, but that can be easily fixed by adding a requirement for it to be damaged.
Stigr.png

Similar to Beta version of Ciri Dash. You sacrifice the thinning aspect of Discarding and tempo for a stronger future play.
This card also showcases a design where cards cost less provisions for their ability (in this case Duel) in return for required setup in previous turns. This design is mostly intended for strengthening in SK and Handbuff in ST (another undersupported archetype). Both archetypes have 7-9 cards out of which only 2-3 are actual targets.
Aderyn_Anker.png

Makes basically any card a discard target. Making a splash of discards cards in non-dedicated decks slightly more appealing. Also enables a potential lippy meme deck where you discards golds in the first round. Originally meant for her to only work with SK units, but decided against when noticing a lack of good deploy units.
Long_Serpent.png

Just to make it clear, since the wording might be confusing, when it activates on the melee row it seizes the affected units.

Last edited:
I ended up making an additional one for the Rats:
Kayleigh.png

I based this one off his first encounter with Giselher.

Any chance we can get rid the captions? Or placed lower ? Its a nice idea but... really that thing downthere is the only thing it prevents me from making some really funny cards. Its not a comercial site so why it has to has it?

So, when Vilgefortz is on the board, you damage up to three of your own units? :think:

Exactly. This is meant to be the part of the balance. Alternatively, you can play it on enemy row (spying), then your opponent will get a resilient Rience, you still get to destory an artifact.

That card would be extremely strong. Like if you seized old spear-tip with one damage that would be a 27 point play. That should be like a 16 provision card

Good point; I didn't even think of that.

Here's a revised version:

Kayleigh (1).png

Last edited:
So, Witchers create and use bombs in the games.. Why not have a witcher card that does this too? Sadly bombs are not so cool or useful at the moment, but they could be with a bomb witcher :)

The background for this came when I was trying to put together a new witcher deck (since my old one no longer works well), and I realize it can't possibly work, not with scenario or defender. But then I looked at the bombs, and hey, they could solve this issue. But do I really want to bring bombs in my deck? No way! (or maybe, depends)

So, the idea is that the bomb is a utility and this bomb creating and throwing witcher is a utility card. Hey, it could also work outside Witcher decks you know..

So, the idea was something like this:
xxx - Witcher, 9p, 4 body (xxx= Geralt: Bomb??)
Deploy: Spawn and play any bomb

Alternatively:
xxx . Witcher, 9p, 5 body (xxx= Geralt: Bomb??)
Deploy: Play a bomb from your deck

Geralt__Bomb(1).png

Last edited:
Hello.

New to the forums, I have been playing a lot of Gwent the last half year and would really like to see CDPR add a ‘Recall Spy’ mechanic to the game and neutral card kegs.

Thanks.

Hey :-D Had just an idea for a new card - "Codringher und Fenn" -could be a n addition to the Northern Deck or a Neutral Card ??? What do you think???
Pardon the late response, but I think that's a really interesting idea!

I was trying to think of abilities for this card when I realized there could also be two separate cards: naturally, one for Codringher, and one for Jacob Fenn. They could work as a pair, with mechanics similar to those of Palmerin and Milton, or Auckes and Serrit.

I think it's time to rework the weather card. They cause damage and do not differ from each other, moreover, there is enough damage in the decks and so they simply do not use them.
I suggest that we rework the concept and abandon the idea that the main elements of weather cause damage and do not differ from each other in essence.

My suggestion:
Rain: acts on a row for 4 moves, cancels the abilities of deploy in this row.
Fog: Captures the power of the card, preventing it from increasing or decreasing
Frost: acts 4 moves, prohibits the use of orders in this row.

Each of the weather conditions works against the certain mechanics and adds variability. Also, it makes the cleansing of the row cards useful. they are not currently used.

I also suggest that you give one of the Wild Hunt cards the ability to lay the frost on all four rows when placing it. Since the wild hunt has no orders, they are not harmed by this weather, but because the new weather cancels the previous one, it is an alternative to clearing the row.

P.S. sorry for my English. It is google translation/:

The new expansion will add a lot of graveyard hate into the game, so here are some counter techs for SK and MO to not get destroyed. But Freyas blessing should really get the doomed nerf reverted.
Psychopomp.png
Swan_of_Tuonela.png

Top Bottom