Card Ideas

+
About Ortolan... We don't need to write provisions. This thread is about creative ideas, and not about irrelevant calculations that could only be determined in a settled Meta. Does it really matter if a card is 12 or 13 provisions?
It doesn't matter if he is 12 or 13, as that is just balance. But it does matter, if the card is intended to be approximately 4, 7, 10, or 13 provisions as those numbers tell how much a player has to invest to include this card and if he has to sacrifice other cards for including it.

I think this card could be a good addition to SK. Synergize with Yoanna, Flaminic, Restore, Sukrus, Heymay Protector and Yrden or be a 13 point card if you have enough bloodthirst. Can be used with Trial of the Grasses with Mousesack. I think its cost of provisions would be 10.
20190727_193720.jpg

Last edited:
custom-card (16).png

Grimuur is a mid round engine (kind of). He synergises with cultists and therefore needs a board before play. He has "Order" ability, so that he can count himself, as well (or activated later, if necessary).
Perfect for Self-wound archetype and an excellent tool against swarm decks. Imagine cloning a Revenant and give it to your Svalblod Priest.

All Scoia'tael cards have interesting designs. Of them, I like most the Ashen Druid. It's like the ST twist of Townsfolk. Good job.

I have one caveat, though. I would change the trap wording to "After 3 allied turns, on turn END..". That way, a player is active and can choose what card to play next to the trap, right before it triggers.

1. Wait a minute... Is this Tywin Lannister? 😂
Very intriguing design, though I would word it: "Order, Melee: Give a unit Immunity." It's lika a better NG version of Avalach, but with an option to give immunity to an enemy unit with orders. He can shut down Selkirk completely.

2. I have no idea why you would give Nilfgaard Organic instead of Tactic, especially when the name of the card is Converter. Otherwise, I like the concept.

3. A engine that gives immunity... This one seems too OP.

1-2:
I see this combo used as a finisher in Morvran Voorhis spies/soldiers decks. Using Roderick (spy) you could pick Recruter from the deck. Ardal has enough good tactic cards already.

3:
The whole point is that opponent can't use orders on his immune units. That way they would be locked.

1. Wait a minute... Is this Tywin Lannister? 😂
Very intriguing design, though I would word it: "Order, Melee: Give a unit Immunity." It's lika a better NG version of Avalach, but with an option to give immunity to an enemy unit with orders. He can shut down Selkirk completely.

2. I have no idea why you would give Nilfgaard Organic instead of Tactic, especially when the name of the card is Converter. Otherwise, I like the concept.

3. A engine that gives immunity... This one seems too OP.

Why would you give an enemy Order unit Immunity? The opponent can still trigger its Order ability, and gives him/her secured points.

Lore: Tywin is actually a Nilfgaardian spy that infiltrated the Lannister family.

Unfortunately. As an example there was an old Swim's meme Woodland deck: after losing R1 to put resilence on Avalah and in R3 to use leader on immune Slyzard (with order) to eat all played units.

You could simply add "if it is an enemy lock it first".
I'd imagine such a concept pretty interesting. An additional lock stack for Slave Drivers and furthermore, most unlocking options would become useless, because the card can't be trageted.

The scoiatel ones, are amazing! I love the idea of how many poison combos it can open up with the driads and the mantis trap. A card that if not dealt with straight away, becomes a nightmare. And makes poison something reliable, finally. Good job everyone!

Some monsters rework (made for post about auto mechanics and not safe mechanics):
custom-card-001.png

Berserk 3 means if creature is damaged to 3 health or less.

Wild Hunt Rework:
custom-card-004.pngcustom-card-005.png
custom-card-003.pngcustom-card-002.pngcustom-card-006.pngcustom-card-007.pngcustom-card-008.png

A card from Fool's Gold quest. Turns every buffed unit into a pig. Can be used against it's player. May be there can be a way to turn pigs to creatures inversely when this artifact is destroyed or by some other trigger. It may be done at the end of the round if pigs are alive and remain the pigs.
custom-card-009.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom