Giant_Ent (1).png
    534 KB · Views: 72
  • Young_Ent.png
    Young_Ent.png
    611.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Swamp_golem (1).png
    Swamp_golem (1).png
    464.3 KB · Views: 106
The Visenna card makes no sense. You either change starting Patience to 4, or you rework that because you can't summon a 2 provision unit as there is none. I assume you want to make her like Gerhart but rather than creating and playing a spell, she plays a human. The way you designed her makes her unplayable as you need to wait 2 turns if you can boost her on the same turn you play her, 3 or more if not.

Vandergrift's Blade rework is interesting. I guess you meant that whenever you PLAY Vandergrift you summon Vandergrift's Blade. I would change this to summon and PLAY so that you can trigger the deploy ability as well. I would up the provision cost to 7 if that is the case, or even 8. There is a design issue here in the sense that there is no mechanism in the game to summon artifacts. Usually that is reserved for units. Artifacts you either spawn them, play them or create and play them.

Zorro is interesting as well. The only problem here is that the Warfare archetype is terribly underdeveloped and neglected. The few that are good are good with certain archetypes. Target Practice works best with Witcher NR. Bombardment and Winch with Siege units. AA, Reinforcements and Boiling Oil are pretty much the only ones that can be included in any NR deck.

For Sihil I would rephrase this: "Increase damage by 1 the first time you damage an enemy unit".

Repair is too strong. Make it 6p or keep it 5p but drop the shield thing. The card is even stronger than Runeword which is a 6p spell and it is not affected by RNG, which makes it more consistent.

I had to read Queen Calanthe's description a few times to properly understand it, but I still don't see how it would be good. It synergizes with units, leaders and specials shuffle cards such as Pincer Maneuver, Pavetta, Istredd, PMP or the Witcher Mentor. For the 2 buff to be triggered you kind of need to play Dandelion I guess. Her order is roughly a cross between Raffard's Vengeance and Queen Adalia. Potential there is.

Military Reinforcements looks ok I guess. The purpose is to play this in conjunction with Damned Sorceresses and other shielded units like Immortals or Witcher Adepts. A bit too similar with Kerrack Frigate though.

Renfri sucks though. Then again she is in line with the Bandit archetype, which sucks entirely. I get what you want to do with her, making her synergize with Iron Falcon Infantry.

The Visenna card makes no sense. You either change starting Patience to 4, or you rework that because you can't summon a 2 provision unit as there is none. I assume you want to make her like Gerhart but rather than creating and playing a spell, she plays a human. The way you designed her makes her unplayable as you need to wait 2 turns if you can boost her on the same turn you play her, 3 or more if not.

Vandergrift's Blade rework is interesting. I guess you meant that whenever you PLAY Vandergrift you summon Vandergrift's Blade. I would change this to summon and PLAY so that you can trigger the deploy ability as well. I would up the provision cost to 7 if that is the case, or even 8. There is a design issue here in the sense that there is no mechanism in the game to summon artifacts. Usually that is reserved for units. Artifacts you either spawn them, play them or create and play them.

Zorro is interesting as well. The only problem here is that the Warfare archetype is terribly underdeveloped and neglected. The few that are good are good with certain archetypes. Target Practice works best with Witcher NR. Bombardment and Winch with Siege units. AA, Reinforcements and Boiling Oil are pretty much the only ones that can be included in any NR deck.

For Sihil I would rephrase this: "Increase damage by 1 the first time you damage an enemy unit".

Repair is too strong. Make it 6p or keep it 5p but drop the shield thing. The card is even stronger than Runeword which is a 6p spell and it is not affected by RNG, which makes it more consistent.

I had to read Queen Calanthe's description a few times to properly understand it, but I still don't see how it would be good. It synergizes with units, leaders and specials shuffle cards such as Pincer Maneuver, Pavetta, Istredd, PMP or the Witcher Mentor. For the 2 buff to be triggered you kind of need to play Dandelion I guess. Her order is roughly a cross between Raffard's Vengeance and Queen Adalia. Potential there is.

Military Reinforcements looks ok I guess. The purpose is to play this in conjunction with Damned Sorceresses and other shielded units like Immortals or Witcher Adepts. A bit too similar with Kerrack Frigate though.

Renfri sucks though. Then again she is in line with the Bandit archetype, which sucks entirely. I get what you want to do with her, making her synergize with Iron Falcon Infantry.
First of all, thanks for reviewing my cards. Now, let me write my philosophy, thoughts, and view point…

Visenna: You said it make no sense to you. And it should start Patience value from 4. I understand that… but before I say why I kept Patience 2 as starting… I want to say why I made this card? So, I made this card because what I known from internet is that she is a healer… So, I wanted her to interact with graveyard. I wanted her to resurrect your card but also, I want to make her different than Fausya and Shani. So, I made her a Patience card. Now, Why I started Patience value from 2 not 3 or 4 and why it has Zeal? 1st.) Most NR leader can boost. So, I made her started Patience value from 2 and if boosted she will increase her Patience value by 2 instead of 1. 2nd) I gave her Zeal because I am planning a card which will increase Patience of a particular which is in your hand or deck… Also, Visenna have nothing to do with Gerhart… I didn’t even think about Gerhart while making her…

Vandergrift's Blade: I am glad that you liked it. Thank you. Yes, I meant whenever you Play Vandergrift Summon Vandergrift's Blade… I made this card like this because I don’t understand why his Blade have nothing to do with him… I understand there’s no facility to Summon artifact for now but when I make custom card I careless about how the game works now… maybe it’s too advance for now but who knows in future there might an artifact which will Summon self from your deck… I personal didn’t liked the idea of Summon and play, but that’s just opinion. Also, If you read the card correctly when Blade is Summoned it will Spawn Cataclysm on the opposite row for 1 turn… So, whether you Play or Summon doesn’t matter because it always plays for 6 points.

Zorro: Thanks. I too liked its design but sadly we don’t have good Warfare.

Sihil: I think its fine.

Repair: You may say to make it 6p but personally I don’t think it needs to be 6p but that’s just opinion… Also, I bad that maths so ignore me.

Queen Calanthe: I think I should explain it more clearly… Ok, imagine in real life this card is in your deck and you keep changing the order of the deck. So, whenever the order of the deck is changed via shuffle or move of a card, Calanthe will boost a random unit in your deck by 1. Also, if you boosted her in deck then she will boost a random unit in your deck by 2 instead of 1. Philosophy behind Zorro and Queen Calanthe is similar I want deck boosting to be a strategy not too strong but to have fun to play, once in a while kind of deck…

Military Reinforcements: Yes, you guessed it right I want Frigate like card in Shieldwall deck.

Renfri: She is fine 10 or 10 with some engine value… BTW I am planning to change her Barricade ability. Once again thanks for reviewing my cards.

First of all, thanks for reviewing my cards. Now, let me write my philosophy, thoughts, and view point…

Visenna: You said it make no sense to you. And it should start Patience value from 4. I understand that… but before I say why I kept Patience 2 as starting… I want to say why I made this card? So, I made this card because what I known from internet is that she is a healer… So, I wanted her to interact with graveyard. I wanted her to resurrect your card but also, I want to make her different than Fausya and Shani. So, I made her a Patience card. Now, Why I started Patience value from 2 not 3 or 4 and why it has Zeal? 1st.) Most NR leader can boost. So, I made her started Patience value from 2 and if boosted she will increase her Patience value by 2 instead of 1. 2nd) I gave her Zeal because I am planning a card which will increase Patience of a particular which is in your hand or deck… Also, Visenna have nothing to do with Gerhart… I didn’t even think about Gerhart while making her…

Vandergrift's Blade: I am glad that you liked it. Thank you. Yes, I meant whenever you Play Vandergrift Summon Vandergrift's Blade… I made this card like this because I don’t understand why his Blade have nothing to do with him… I understand there’s no facility to Summon artifact for now but when I make custom card I careless about how the game works now… maybe it’s too advance for now but who knows in future there might an artifact which will Summon self from your deck… I personal didn’t liked the idea of Summon and play, but that’s just opinion. Also, If you read the card correctly when Blade is Summoned it will Spawn Cataclysm on the opposite row for 1 turn… So, whether you Play or Summon doesn’t matter because it always plays for 6 points.

Zorro: Thanks. I too liked its design but sadly we don’t have good Warfare.

Sihil: I think its fine.

Repair: You may say to make it 6p but personally I don’t think it needs to be 6p but that’s just opinion… Also, I bad that maths so ignore me.

Queen Calanthe: I think I should explain it more clearly… Ok, imagine in real life this card is in your deck and you keep changing the order of the deck. So, whenever the order of the deck is changed via shuffle or move of a card, Calanthe will boost a random unit in your deck by 1. Also, if you boosted her in deck then she will boost a random unit in your deck by 2 instead of 1. Philosophy behind Zorro and Queen Calanthe is similar I want deck boosting to be a strategy not too strong but to have fun to play, once in a while kind of deck…

Military Reinforcements: Yes, you guessed it right I want Frigate like card in Shieldwall deck.

Renfri: She is fine 10 or 10 with some engine value… BTW I am planning to change her Barricade ability. Once again thanks for reviewing my cards.
Visenna lore-wise is more than just a healer. She is a mage and a druid as well. Her character is a bit ambiguous as she does not fit the whole Aretuza/Ban Ard setup. There is very little we know about her, but since she is a druid and a mage as well, and she could bear children, she was not involved with any magic school. Patience for now is an archetype associated with the Aretuza and Ban Ard magical schools. I can see the attractiveness of playing her, but generally speaking Inspired cards are very inconsistent. Inspired cards generally don't get very much play because of them being unreliable.

Regarding Vandergrift's Blade, yeah, I didn't read the card description correctly. You're right.

Regarding Repair, it ain't about math here. Take a look at bronzes that generally interact with graveyard units. SK got War of Clans. That's a 6p card and it forces you to play Devotion. You've got Offering, a 6p card with 1 damage, and requires setup for deathblow. You've got Experimental Remedy which plays a bronze unit from your opponent's graveyard and it is a 5p card. You've got Freya's Blessing which plays a bronze unit from your graveyard and it is a 5p card. Repair also provides a shield and having a shield is quite a big deal since it raises the chances of having the unit stick for more than 1 turn, even for the entire round. That's why I think it should be a 6p card if you want to keep the shield. If not, 5p is fine.

Your philosophy behind Calanthe is indeed interesting. Question. Lets say I play Istredd and through some god damn miracle the chap sticks until he is Patience 6 for example. This means he pulls 6 cards from your deck and it shuffles back 6 cards. Does Calanthe buff a random unit 6 times or only once?

I am ok with Military Reinforcements as a card ability. I would just rename the card since we already have a "Reinforcements" special.

Renfri is as good as her archetype/category is. She is in theory a 10 for 10 on deploy, but to take advantage of that Barricade ability it means you must not go for full deploy value.

Calanthne will boost 6 random units in the deck in once... but having said that I don't know whether it will oppressive or not... because for now there isn't much support for deck boosting archetype but... Enrland will get thick with this card...

I am not a balance expert but this are my concepts and I don't have luxury to play test the concept cards... I make it in vacuum...

Calanthne will boost 6 random units in the deck in once... but having said that I don't know whether it will oppressive or not... because for now there isn't much support for deck boosting archetype but... Enrland will get thick with this card...

I am not a balance expert but this are my concepts and I don't have luxury to play test the concept cards... I make it in vacuum...
If it is like that, then it is very abusable. Not to mention that you can Renew him too for another go. Erland will indeed get quite chunky.

No worries man. Gwent team itself is not great at balancing stuff so I am not expecting you to do a better job than they do.

Well, Renew part can be fixed with Devotion but I totally, completely, hundred and one percent agree with your 2nd paragraph.

I like the Harmony of the Spheres/Pod idea, but 5 for 2 seems like a non-starter to me. Only way to gt addiotional value would be if Alzur is on board already, and there are better ways to activate Alzur.

View attachment 11274025
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 11274034
I really like the location card. Handbuff is already good, but this one would make it even more bonkers. You can play a copy of Hawker Support, or a copy of Hawker Smuggler if you don't have Hawker Support. The order I think needs to be reduced to 1 charge. You're always going to play this in hand buff. The point evaluation is simply too high because of this.

Imagine having the location + Hawker Support in your hand. You play Hawker Support off of your location, that's 4 points on the board and 6 carryover with Torque in hand. The order charges with Torque in hand means 8 more points of carryover. The location alone is worth 18 points max (14 of which are carryover) and the only condition you need to pull for maximum points is to have Hawker Support in your hand. I think this needs to be a 12-13p card, in line with Chapter of Wizards. It is better than Chapter of Wizards though.

Dar seems interesting, like a deck-banishing Hjalmar. The problem is that NR doesn't really have tall bronze units like NG, MO or SK have. I mean, the tallest bronze NR has is Cursed Knight I believe, 6 power. The only use I can think of for this card is with deck buffing. The deathblow though is kind of useless, unless you play him in Roegner deck. But then again the backbone of a Roegner is the Witcher Adept. I think the gaining shield deathblow is unnecessary.

Well, about location it may need some number tweaking.

Now about Dar, it is part of my deck buffing DYI archetype... And about shield I gave it is as cherry on the topping.... not necessary but I wanted to give it. heheheee :ohstopit:
I really like the location card. Handbuff is already good, but this one would make it even more bonkers. You can play a copy of Hawker Support, or a copy of Hawker Smuggler if you don't have Hawker Support. The order I think needs to be reduced to 1 charge. You're always going to play this in hand buff. The point evaluation is simply too high because of this.

Imagine having the location + Hawker Support in your hand. You play Hawker Support off of your location, that's 4 points on the board and 6 carryover with Torque in hand. The order charges with Torque in hand means 8 more points of carryover. The location alone is worth 18 points max (14 of which are carryover) and the only condition you need to pull for maximum points is to have Hawker Support in your hand. I think this needs to be a 12-13p card, in line with Chapter of Wizards. It is better than Chapter of Wizards though.

Dar seems interesting, like a deck-banishing Hjalmar. The problem is that NR doesn't really have tall bronze units like NG, MO or SK have. I mean, the tallest bronze NR has is Cursed Knight I believe, 6 power. The only use I can think of for this card is with deck buffing. The deathblow though is kind of useless, unless you play him in Roegner deck. But then again the backbone of a Roegner is the Witcher Adept. I think the gaining shield deathblow is unnecessary.

Low tempo play... I would say make Archespore Pod at least 3 point body.... Secondly, Why ST having deathwish??? I mean SK may have deathwish because they have self wound archetype but why ST having deathwish card is beyond me.

Low tempo play... I would say make Archespore Pod at least 3 point body.... Secondly, Why ST having deathwish??? I mean SK may have deathwish because they have self wound archetype but why ST having deathwish card is beyond me.
It's for harmony decks, only 5prov, but yes the idea was to trigger harmony twice but i changed the card to special nature bc of the picture,
I gave it deathwish bc the archespore from MO has it as well, but i considered an order first, to turn it into an archespore next turn. Maybe the category needs to change to something unique and then it has an order to spawn and play an archespore once so it trigger the harmony twice.

Last edited:
Well, about location it may need some number tweaking.

Now about Dar, it is part of my deck buffing DYI archetype... And about shield I gave it is as cherry on the topping.... not necessary but I wanted to give it. heheheee
Only tweak it needs is the charges. One charge is enough and more in line with other location who only have 1 charge as well.

I know that there are some broken point-slam cards in Gwent at the moment, but that is not a justification to add more of that just because they exist. If anything, those should be toned down.

ok

Reworked and toned down the Queen Calanthe card posted earlier
Queen_Calanthe 2.png

It's for harmony decks, only 5prov, but yes the idea was to trigger harmony twice but i changed the card to special nature bc of the picture,
I gave it deathwish bc the archespore from MO has it as well, but i considered an order first, to turn it into an archespore next turn. Maybe the category needs to change to something unique and then it has an order to spawn and play an archespore once so it trigger the harmony twice.
I understand it. It is support for Harmmony, but card isn't appealing for me...

Last edited:
Top Bottom