Card Reference

+
Card Reference

So, got annoyed trying to lookup Cards, GwentDB has mistakes and missing cards, Gwent Wiki has them scattered over separate pages so I just wrote up my own in google sheets

Gwent Card Reference Table+

click row 2 and filter
  • Contains all 480 cards with current wording
  • Contains all 44 Non-Card Tokens/Units
  • Contains all 41 named card Effects (ie, Choose X)
  • Reordered tags ( (Leader/Special/Token first, then Region/Clan, Race, Job, Association, Doomed)
  • Color coded Card Text (Mechanics=Blue, Attributes=Green, Card_references=Tan)
  • Occasional notes on how certain cards resolve their effects (will add more as I have time)
  • Hidden columns available if you make your own copy:
  • 3 sort Orders (Ingame, Alpha by Color, Alpha by Rarity)
  • Ability to track your card collection (requires manual entry of number owned)
  • Some (incomplete) Additional tag fields, such as which cards play which others, or are played by others, etc
  • Draw Odds Calculator for draws AND mulligans
  • *New* Duel Calculator with armor included
  • *New* Ability to track your Keg drop rates (and get your current keg value if you track your collection)
  • Significant Change List (AKA Better Patch Notes)
  • Old version of the Card reference
  • Landing Page for Stable URL
if you used the card tracking function from the previous versions, set the old sheet to official sort, copy the column where you entered your cards, then set the new sheet to "Old Official Sort" (next to entry column), and paste the values into the new column... instant update.

feel free to copy distribute, w/e... it's obviously not original work. I'll try to update it when I have time

Last edited:
It started out as a way to review card conflicts as a newbie. Took a large chunk of a weekend.. but it's largely cut and paste.... the highlighting took the longest....

It's actually part of a larger Deck Building / Deck Cost / Draw Odds project, so expect more

Thank you very much! Great job! Is it possible to make a deck list for new players? For example a Consume Deck or Weather Deck.. What cards should you have for an efficient gameplay.

Truth told I'm a new player myself... sort of...
I have a lot of experience with other CCG's so I understand all the basic concepts, but I've only been playing Gwent since maybe a few days before this year.

To answer your direct question: I'm not sure it's possible to make a list of absolutely Must Have cards for most archetypes... there are just too many possible combos... BUT it should be possible to include a rough list of Synergies (ie card that work within an arcehtype like Consume, Spies, Weather, etc)... so I'll probably add something like that to the reference as bonus information

My next step for this project is something like a deck builder which also includes craft costs... so you paste in a deck you want to try, plug in the cards you have, and it spits out the craft cost (current 25 card decks have craft costs between 2,800 and 6,400 scraps including leaders, with most net decks weighing in ~5.5k+ before counting cards you already have)

I've got a separate project that calculates draw odds on card combos, but it currently only handles a single combo odds, and doesn't include the mulligan (there are between 1 and 27 possible first mulligan sequences depending on deck type and cards within, and each changes the odds slightly). The general gist of what I've found is: if you want a card on round one with a reasonable guarantee, you need 3+ of that card, or 2+ ways to get that card... adding just 1 card that fetches a needed single card changes your chances of not getting on the first hand (not counting mulligan) from 60%, to only 35% chance to not get either. At 3 cards, there's only <20% chance you won't get at least 1 on the draw.
I'd like to turn it into a hand predictor, to help people tune odds, but it's a lot of expanding math so I don't know how far that will get (if anyone is interested it uses the Hyper-Geometric Distribution formula, which Excel/GoogleSheets has a built in function for: HYPERGEODIST)

Ok, updated the Reference Table with some minor corrections...

... and added a field (and page) to track your own collection (requires manual entry of number owned, easiest to update when opening kegs)...

... AND I added a draw odds calculator (you'll need to take a copy to use it, but it's pretty educational as to deck consistency)

Great job again :) Some cards may be getting changed after the update.. More work for you I guess???

... and updated again with the new patch changes

I also added a sheet that shows all the significant changes to cards; Name (where it was not related to the previous one), Power, Categories (only added or removed), and Text (only when it changed the behavior of the card).

all the main cards and changes are in and correct, but some of the effect/token entries still need to be updated.

The old card list is still available and I made some tweaks to a few formulas to make them faster and more resist to breaking when editing.

Finished out the corrections for effects/tokens/non-cards, added a page listing the new golds being added with Arena Mode.

there are some errata I've already reported to CDPR, such as Dagon and Reaver Hunter text not being updated to the new standards, but I'm leaving them as they are currently ingame because it really doesn't make a difference to how they behave.

Guest 4226291

Void_Singer;n10530942 said:
Finished out the corrections for effects/tokens/non-cards, added a page listing the new golds being added with Arena Mode.

there are some errata I've already reported to CDPR, such as Dagon and Reaver Hunter text not being updated to the new standards, but I'm leaving them as they are currently ingame because it really doesn't make a difference to how they behave.

I’ve contacted support about that as well, such as grammatical mistakes in cards as well as Dagon not having an updated ability text.

Updated with current card wordings, change list, added duel calculator, and keg tracking with personal keg value calculation

DRK3

Forum veteran
I personally dont need it, as i already have all cards and know every card by memory, but i still appreciate the enormous effort that must have been and how complete and useful it is to most players, CDPR should really start paying you for this...

:cheers:

Guest 4021160

What does this mean?
QUERY( {$B$33:$B$1031, $O$33:$Q$1031}
and this:
=IF( INDEX( B7:B, B7 ) = "A", INDEX( E7:E, B7 ), "-" )

A man excelling in excel. I can appreciate your formulas!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Karolis.petrikas
The first is a partial from the the Kegs Tool Stats tab. It was more efficient to import a filtered subset (which you can see at A33) from the Keg Tool Entry tab (to a hidden range), then make all the statistics queries on that (hidden range). That way I wasn't making really ugly double queries with a possibly huge dataset. Divide and conquer strategy. There's a lot more hidden math and values in there if you select the whole sheet and set the font color to anything but black.

The other is from the Duel Calculator... similar trick, I have a hidden section below that does all the steps of the duel. B7 stores the duel steps, the rest of B?:B stores who took survivable damage (Attacker, or Defender). so I'm just looking at the end of the list to see if they won, then looking at the end of the list of points remaining (E7:E) to output.

Top Bottom