Card Suggestions and Tweaks for Homecoming

+
Make Shupe great again!
Now its 12 points card maximum, for 13 provision!!! And you sacrifice all bronze synergy for that.
Shupe decks was my favorite in Gwent, I played all 5 factions with him, he could give CA. He was fun, competitive while balanced, now its just unplayable randomfest meme card.

Add positive weather
Add Immune bronzes
Add a row or zone just for artifacts
change reveal into something that isn't complete trash
make it so a unit has to be tapped or something so that an artifact can function
have two or three different provision limits and match making to go along with it (why they thought they were a good idea amazes me, removes playing 26+ card decks entirely)
Add in mill cards
Add in cards that give you extra mulligans
Add in cards that shuffles graveyard into deck
Let locks target artifacts
have Usurper remove all mulligans

So you are saying instead of locking the opponents Leader Ability? Otherwise he's way OP.
No. I'm saying that it should do both.
Usurper has no Mulligans and No ability
the Opponent should have no Mulligans and No Ability.
Balanced
Yeah I get that you could play Letho but getting him out on turn one and hoping that your opponent decided not to use all their mulligans is situational at best.

Hi. Positive weather idea:
- twilight - for 2turns boost allies in row for 1 and lift block
- White Wolf - summon any Geralt
- bloody Moon - for two turns boost allies in row for 1 and give bloodlust
- elementalist - 5 strenght 11 cost - whenever weather is played boost for 5.

Card Tweak:
Bekker's Dark Mirror text says:
Choose a unit. If it's boosted, damage it by double the amount boosted. If it's damaged, boost it by double the amount damaged.

With that card text it should be able to target ANY unit (to no effect), currently it won't let you select a unit unless it's boosted or damaged. Of course you can always graveyard it to achieve the same result, I'm just being picky

Monsters don't have a specific tactic, so what about:

Corpse Venom (Vesemir teaches Ciri about it in Blood of Elves). Tactic. Provision 8

If there is a necrophage on the battlefield Kill an enemy unit in two (or maybe, three) turns (nominated enemy unit then gets a countdown timer)

rrc

Forum veteran
No. I'm saying that it should do both.
Usurper has no Mulligans and No ability
the Opponent should have no Mulligans and No Ability.
Balanced
Yeah I get that you could play Letho but getting him out on turn one and hoping that your opponent decided not to use all their mulligans is situational at best.
This is definitely not a level playing field my friend. Usurper has the knowledge when building deck that his leader doesn't have any Mulligan and ability, while the opponent doesn't. It makes a huge difference. His 0 Mulligan is the punishment for that knowledge during deck building. Don't get me wrong, Usurper is the only Leader I am playing apart from my lovely Franchesca.

A good number of cards need to be locked and unlocked for specific factions, far too many neutrals. From a lore perspective there's a lot of work, imho. Witchers shouldn't be playable under the MO deck. Caretaker shouldn't feature in any deck bar MO. Having the Cow/Chort playable in a deck where the NR leader can instantly make it a 10 card surely defeats the purpose, a Chort shouldn't be on anything other than a MO board, it's bonkers!

It's almost as though the Neutral cards should be on their own, not aligned to any/every deck - stick all the Witchers, Dragons, Olgierd, Renegade type characters all the same under the term Kaer Morhen, or Rivia, or something - think it would just add to the lore side. Have cards like Vesemir, Geralt, Dandelion and Ciri as leaders in their own right, perhaps.

The idea of weapons linked to their 'masters' is one that should be expanded (like Vandergrift). I'd like CDPR to make a bit more sense of what I'm actually looking at.

Mangonel should not fire twice when you rando-reveal two cards, that's also stupid, should only fire when EITHER the player OR the oppo reveal, not both.

Tibor should not be "summonable" - it's a broken mechanic, whereby he gets played via Ihurraqux along with your top unit, but the difference is he has ZERO punishment, as in his action is cancelled so in effect NG gets to put 17 points on the board with a dragon, and no set up required. Really stupid.

Every card with a "reveal two cards and if you're higher get a boost" should be changed; reveal your own card deliberately, or the oppo randomly, not both. Random should be completely minimized.

ST cards should have less "orders"/more "zeal", it's not in keeping with their approach.

There's something quite important that should be tweaked after December patch, it's the ladder for non-pro players.
Right now, climbing the ladder is just a "whoever play 160 games, no matter if you win". It would be easier to understand if people in the leaderboard were ranked first using their rank (1-30) and inside each rank, ranked by MMR.
The current system is very confusing as we see top players with win rates <50%.

I've a card ability idea. I don't know where to send this, but I feel like i have to write it to you.
Sorry, if I missed the spot.

Card ability

Base power: 7
Melee: Boost self by 4
Ranged: Damage self by 4
Zeal.
Order: Set his current power as his base power.

I recommend this as a Natural card.

Again: sorry, that wont happen often. I just had this idea.

offers ultimatum to Meve, so she either surrenders her lands in order to avoid massacres on common folks, or the war continues and mercy won't be shown.
I'd make that an ability, along with adjusted provision and power number of course.

After deploying Traeheaern, Player A looks at 4 (5?) top cards from enemy's deck, then chooses one of them. Player B makes a decision, either he allows this card to be banished or refuses to do so and then Traheaern gets a number of charges (enough to be worthy opponent's consideration, 7? 8? 10?) and each charge damages enemy unit by 1.​

I intend him to shine in round two when the chances to get a good card to threaten increase and the opponent is not helpless, but rather decides which outcome will be less severe. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Your thoughts?

From a technical aspect, this would not be possible because such a mechanic, of allowing an opponent to take action during player's turn, does not exist and I fear it will break the principle of the game.

From a lore perspective, the ability does fit.

From a gameplay perspective, his ability is still too strong. The damage should be no more than four and it should be random.

Northern Realm:

Vlodimir von Everec (Specter) - i don't know if he should be Neutral
Base power: 4
Provision cost: 9
Ability: Deploy. Boost self by 1 for every allied human unit in the battlefield.
Ability explanation: In Witcher 3, Geralt was tasked to give Vlodimir the time of his life and that was achieved in the wedding ceremony with the help of "human companions".

Pellar (Human)
Base power: 3
Provision cost: 6 or 7
Ability: Deploy, Ranged. Purify a unit and boost it by 2.
Ability explanation: That's what he do.

Tamara Strenger (Human, Soldier)
Base power: 4
Provision cost: 8
Ability: Deploy. Damage an enemy by 3. If it's a Crone, damage it by 5 instead.
or
Ability: Order. Damage an enemy by 3. If there is a Monster unit in the battlefield, gain zeal.
Ability explanation: Revenge for what the Crones did to her mother.

There are more characters like Jad Karadin, Dijkstra, Elihal, Gaetan (although i don't know if he's a NR or Neutral), Shani, Philippa, Ewald and Horst Borsodi, Radovid, etc. I hope these characters will soon be out

I am really disappointed after this stream. More diversity is planned for Scoia'tael. This is clearly leftist propaganda. I'll tell you what Scoia'tael needs: more Dwarfs! Not diversity!

... only then my "dwarfs only" deck will be complete...

Listen CDPR, March is not over yet. You can still make me happy and earn some money out of it, at the same time. Before you will do the biggest mistake in your life and release this expantion without single dwart, let me give you an advice:

Top Bottom