Card that you can always rely on?

+
idomyownstunts;n8790930 said:
I luv getting igni with it.
Na na na na na na ... na na na na na na ...

But in all seriousness Gigni, YenCon & the Last Wish.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I can always rely on Cleaver (or Faction equivalents in case i have them), Ciri,Sara and Avallach.

Fav silver: Fiend. Always seems to save my butt.

Fav bronze tech: Mardroeme. Same as above, but even more satisfying. So much fun wrecking imperas, ekimmaras, dbp's, etc.

Ciri, very useful to getting CA if you won round one or force your opponent to pass in the first round.

Toruviel, she has stolen quite a few games for me. I´m focusing NR at the moment so I could also say PAVETTA! Works great against Nilfgaard and I just love it when she screams and cards start to fly. I reckon people don´t really run her in decks 'cause everyone seems to spend a few moments reading the card afterwards and I haven't seen anyone else use her.

The card I play in most of my decks these days is Geralt: Igni. It's such a solid addition to any deck, especially if you don't have a lot of removal. Even when you do this card can instantly win you rounds when your opponent isn't expecting it.

Triss, 12 points, and have utily of removing various critical units.
Silver Mages are also cool for similar reason, clear sky is much better when you get some body with it.

Saskia. I find the "Order" cards to be extremely useful. Especially come round three if you can keep a hold of your leader card!

Monster is c harpy, wh hounds, frost, sk is bear, shield maiden, hjalmar. Renew and royal decrease are both great cards. After the patch with bears everywhere, c harpy is weaker so I go for earth elementals more. Mage is great as well. Nearly always play them. Weather clear is king.

RobRavenclaw;n8946150 said:
Saskia. I find the "Order" cards to be extremely useful. Especially come round three if you can keep a hold of your leader card!

Saskia is especially good with Francesca as you can mulligan her at the beginning of the match if she's in your hand, boost some units and then play her along with the leader. Another super use of her is with Sarah. If both are in your hand at the beginning of a match, it's good to keep her and get another gold in her stead. She's never lost. I agree Order cards are good and when they are gold, all the better.

Neutral: First Light which is both versatile and really a necessity thanks to weather. Igni is the best creature, though regular plain geralt has been a great help many times (as long as the opponent doesn't have renew).

Monster: Ancient Elder. He's a wonderful insurance card for when someone invariably spams weather or if you're basically in trouble and need some backup. Also great against spies and cows. Special mention to the REGULAR harpy! She makes Death Wish fun.

Nilfgard: Imperia Enforcer. Spies got you down? Not any more! Fun with Iris, too. Sweers is a close second, but still really nice. Being able to kill all of a super annoying troop (ex: nekkers, reaver hunters, ect) is a wonderful utility. The only time he ever backfires is if your opponent is Skellige.

Soai'tel: Baraclay Elis never dissapoints. Ever. Also Nature's gift to get anything you need right when you need it.

Skellige: Shield maidens are fun for poking berserkers, turning a damaged/weathered troop into more points, or killing spies. They aren't the easiest to use, but when they work they're wonderful. Blueboy Lugos and his whale are a little risky thanks to decoy, but if the opponent already used decoy to rescue some "important" troop they are in trouble!

Any of the Skellige Cards !!! :eredinfacepalm:

On a serious note.

Neutral:
  • Renew (until fixed)
  • The Witchers (faction dependent)
  • Gigni
  • Decoy
  • Operator (deck dependent)

Monsters:
  • Celaeno Harpy
  • WH Hound (deck thinning + guaranteed damage)
  • Succubus
  • Caranthir
  • Crones

Nothern Realms:
  • Dandelion
  • Philippa Eilhart
  • Margarita Laux-Antille
  • Dethmold
  • Kaedweni Siege Support (if they live)
  • Keira Metz

Nilfgaard:
  • Vilgefortz