Cards that make no sense

+
There just isn't a good enough Order Card available yet for it to be a consideration ( you do know that it resets the Card as it would appear in the Deck builder right and not just removes the boosts like the other Reset Card's ?).
I know what it does, maybe better order cards to coop with it will appear, It might as well never come (more likely), plus the provision cost is a yoke

I know what it does, maybe better order cards to coop with it will appear, It might as well never come (more likely), plus the provision cost is a yoke
Yes it will always remain a Meme Card that will most likely never see play in any competitive Deck and the only somewhat decent way to play it I can currently think of would most likely be in a special Card heavy ST Handbuff Deck used on Syanna to double the boosts on Aglaïs and Gord, so the Skill is kind of unique and opens up some strange possibilities so I don't think it should be changed.

I'm also not so sure if it should become that much cheaper especially now with the buff to Damien.

Last edited:
Mandrake has a theoretical chance to be really good but I've never seen it with its current ability.

If they changed it from organic to spell, it'd probably do wonders for Alzur decks.

RIght now, the only two thing I could think of using it for would be to reset the resilience status on Ciri: Nova. And even then it simply trades at 8 provisions for 8 points...

EDIT - Though I wonder how it interacts with Viy? Would it reset a 22/25 point Viy back to 7?

Last edited:
Haha, that is an interesting thought. :D No idea if it does.
It obviously should same goes for SK Veteran Units , still not sure why they thought it's a good idea to simplify the reset text especially on this Card.

For newer Players the old Mandrake Card Text was "Reset: Restore a card to its default state (as it would appear in the Deck Builder)."

The Holy Grrrail (like John Cleese sorry Tim the Enchanter used to pronounce) of nonsense unuseful cards is the Mandrake
I love mandrake. Great in alot of decks for the order reset and also reenable defender if needed. At worst is a slightly expensive tall reset If needed. Not 100% awesome, but very good IMHO and versatile.

Also can reset Viy ... Always fun!

Last edited:
I love mandrake. Great in alot of decks for the order reset and also reenable defender if needed. At worst is a slightly expensive tall reset If needed. Not 100% awesome, but very good IMHO and versatile.

Also can reset Viy ... Always fun!
I'm very pleased you use this card with that much enthusiasm, as I feel it should be quite flexible at times. I mean, Freddybabes managed to make a pretty much terrible card (Spring Equinox) playable to some extent, even if the desired goal was to gift it to his opponent through Viper Witcher Alchemist. I believe we can keep our hopes up for Mandrake.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I'm not a pro rank player, but I prefer Marching Orders over Roche: Merciless when playing Double Commandos (Inspired Zeal). So I can include both AA and Oneiro, plus my favourite card Triss: Telekinesis, while still having enough space for a decent midrange.

Mourntart - Try removing it's row lock and add "Deploy: Gain Zeal if you control a Necrophage".
Increase it's base power to 2 and then maaayyyyybe it could see some tiny usage by someone.

im conflicted about it because i want every card to be playable. but how realistic is that when new cards keep getting added? I love all the cards. And the art. and the sound effects. but some are indeed objectively better than others.

Not sure the best way to solve that problem. Aside from massive balance changes which would be difficult to do.

im conflicted about it because i want every card to be playable. but how realistic is that when new cards keep getting added? I love all the cards. And the art. and the sound effects. but some are indeed objectively better than others.

Not sure the best way to solve that problem. Aside from massive balance changes which would be difficult to do.
Ofc it's possible. They just need to make sure new cards aren't blatantly stronger then older ones and if they are they should in the same time buff older ones so they don't become obsolete.

Sirssa - Increase base power to 5 and damage to 3 OR increase base power to 5 (or damage to 3) but reduce provisions to 7. :]
Breann - Increase base power to 5 (and maybe let her damage your own units)
Udarlyk An Brokvar - Increase base power to 5.

Dryad Grovekeeper - Make her work on charges:
Zeal
Deploy: Gain charges equal to the number of other Dryads on your side.
Order: Give 1 vitality to an allied unit.
Devotion: Symbiosis (or tie in Zeal for Devotion)

Last edited:
A little bit of love for Monsters. :)

Mourntart (could see her as a 7 provision card too if ppl think she's too good, but she's rly matchup dependent and I didn't want her to be a worse version of Xavier who can target specials and his zeal is not conditioned but Mourntart has no row condition so... idk, certainly a good idea imo):
Mourntart.png

Bleeding Effigy (still mediocre but it's 4 provisions so why not):
Bleeding_Effigy (1).png

Top Bottom