Cars and pedestrians are gone

+
After the update all the cars and pedestrians are gone. Is now a ghost city. It's just me? Maybe a mod can cause this... i have cyberengine and amm

Maybe, you'll have to check yourself.
I bet if many players encountered this issue, there would be quite a few posts on the forum about it. But as far as I know, you're alone :(

Maybe, you'll have to check yourself.
I bet if many players encountered this issue, there would be quite a few posts on the forum about it. But as far as I know, you're alone :(
I'm afraid so... i've read that happens to some people long time ago... I'm going to restore the game and see what happens

Curious if you figured it out.

Make sure the crowd and traffic settings didn't get changed. I know they can be adjusted although I don't know to what extent.

I've reinstalled the game with complete folder delete and still the same
Post automatically merged:

Curious if you figured it out.

Make sure the crowd and traffic settings didn't get changed. I know they can be adjusted although I don't know to what extent.
Yep I've tried that but nothing happens... Sometimes there is some lonely pedestrian but the city is empty, except for the building wich are some more even if a load oldest savegames the streets are empty

Last edited:
Very strange, you perform a clean reinstall ?
From the support :
1. Backup your save files. (saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\)
2. Disable Steam Cloud for Cyberpunk 2077
3. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077
4. Go to your Steam directory and see if there is a Cyberpunk 2077 folder, if so, remove it.
5. Remove:
Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
6. Restart your PC
7. Install Cyberpunk 2077 again, on SSD for the best performance,
If you will be installing the game on the same partition as you have the Operating System installed to ensure that the game won't be blocked by Windows permissions settings make sure to install it on the drive root and not nested in some folders. Example path after installation: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
8. Run the game and see if it works.
9. If it's fixed, copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the location from step #1.
10. Re-enable Steam Cloud if you want.
Maybe you'll have to try on a fresh save too.

Had something similar happen today.

Pedestrians were there but all traffic disappeared. All of it. Literally no cars driving around. Started noticing in the city center then went all the way to southern parts of Heywood, still nothing. Just a ton of pedestrians.

No mods, clean install, high density. Reloading fixed it but it's still something that's not supposed to happen. Could be there is more to this issue than mods. I'll be reporting this to support.

Very strange, you perform a clean reinstall ?
From the support :

Maybe you'll have to try on a fresh save too.
Done, same behaviour... tonight i will try start a new game
Literally no one around seems strange, but, if mods aren't the culprit, did you check whether HDD mode is off?
Yep, that option is off, no cars and 4 pedestrians in all the city... in the building there are people so i think its a game bug
Post automatically merged:

Had something similar happen today.

Pedestrians were there but all traffic disappeared. All of it. Literally no cars driving around. Started noticing in the city center then went all the way to southern parts of Heywood, still nothing. Just a ton of pedestrians.

No mods, clean install, high density. Reloading fixed it but it's still something that's not supposed to happen. Could be there is more to this issue than mods. I'll be reporting this to support.
So i'm noy the only one... the behaviours seems more a bug than a mods issue cause is not the first time it happens

So i'm noy the only one... the behaviours seems more a bug than a mods issue cause is not the first time it happens

Well, to be fair, you kind of are so far. Your issue is persistent whereas mine was a one time deal that was resolved easily with a reload. Again, not normal but happened once so far.

It's worth reporting because it happened once so it can happen again but I wouldn't necessarily consider it proof that your issue is a bug with the game that can be reproduced.

Finally, it's working again... how... I loaded a game previous to my current mission and the pedestrians are back, then i've installed the same mods before the issue but all works.. :rolleyes: I figure that something corrupted my saves games.

Top Bottom