cars stopping in the middle of the road for no reason

+
I don't know if you guys have this problem, but oftentimes I see a car just stopped right in the middle of the road for no reason, and there's around 3-4 cars behind that. Is this a bug or is there a reason why residents of NC just stops in the middle of the road for no reason?

it's payback for all the time you did it to them when you jump out of your car for a mission and just leave your own car on the street blocking traffic. if you take the time to seeking out the 5 empty parking spots in the whole of night city that is located 2 kliks away from your current position and actually park in the designated parking spots, they will also stop doing it to you as well :D

personally, i'd just summon my caliburn and push them out of the way or summon my akira bike and go around them :D

moral of the story... it's a game :D dont believe me? go play the mission burning desire or the Sinnerman quest.

The driving AI is incomplete is all. Right turning cars never stop for V crassing a street on a green traffic light (you always should wait for npc pedestrian to walk first) and left turning cars never wait for V comming from ahead, they simply do their turn and for that the almost always reduce the speed to walking speed it seems.

I've been closely observing this, it seems that it's a byproduct of Watson being cut off from the rest of the game world at the beginning of the game, or a similar effect can be noticed at around the borders of every district (haven't gotten that far with my observation).

But it also pisses me off to no end because I like driving on the motorways Test Drive Unlimited style only for that to happen and spoil my fun.

On the flip side has anyone noticed how cars make room for you to pass in between them while they're moving?

I don't remember cars turning from a side street right in front of me before but last night I did the gig where I was to chase down some prisoner dude and kill him. I don't even know how many times I had to restart that quest because every side street I passed, a car would pull out in front of me.
Not to mention I'm now seeing cars de-spawn right in front of me.

One car pulled out in front of me and I hit it so hard it flipped upside down with me stuck on top of it. While I was trying to get unstuck from on top the car, it just de-spawned and let me continue on the chase.

I don't remember cars turning from a side street right in front of me before but last night I did the gig where I was to chase down some prisoner dude and kill him. I don't even know how many times I had to restart that quest because every side street I passed, a car would pull out in front of me.
Not to mention I'm now seeing cars de-spawn right in front of me.

One car pulled out in front of me and I hit it so hard it flipped upside down with me stuck on top of it. While I was trying to get unstuck from on top the car, it just de-spawned and let me continue on the chase.

That's a quest scripting issue, happens in ''The Flaming Crotch Man'' quest as well.

I failed the flaming crotch man quest (if it's the one I'm thinking of where the guy asks you for a ride to the ripper doc cuz his "male enhancement" is malfunctioning) because I got stuck in traffic LOL

Top Bottom