Cars you wish to see in Cyberpunk?

+
I don't expect flying vehicles to be available to the player. At least not at all times.
Allowing the player to move around in straight lines at great speeds would make the world feel a lot smaller.

That, lore concerns and, most importantly, technical limitations, are the reasons I believe the devs said they'll restrict the players from using AVs... Nothing that a mod or two can't take care of ;)

Cizeta-Moroder V16T 1991

Peugeot Proxima 1986

I guess CDPR is spoilt for choice in terms of "cyberpunky" supercars.
Sedans and family cars that fit the aesthetic while not looking too plain are harder to find.

"Auto rickshaw" would fit nicely with the poor and run down city districts:

Last year I took a trip to the Petersen Automotive Museum and found this little gem. It's a futuristic vehicle re-imagined with minimalist aesthetics, especially with its the interior. In fact, I don't remember seeing the dashboard. Just a seat and steering wheel. It's designed by a fashion designer whose intention was to reinvent the look of the Lamborghini Countach
in a much more geometric 3-dimensional form. It's appropriately called Lo-Res Car Sculpture. Not the most creative title for a concept vehicle, but minimalists will be minimalists. :shrug:

Post automatically merged:

One of my personal favorite digital artists is Brad Wright. And here's his latest project.

I dunno where's he going with this project ( OBSIDIAN REVERIE ) but it's definitely going to get animated at some point!

Last edited:
All of those cars are near or over 100 years old by 2077.
Can your average punk afford the CHOO2 conversion for a century old fossil chugging machine?
Bahahahaha....I know, skins are skins. :shrug:

Future version of VW Golf. Almost every game, where cars play big role, has some car similar to Golf. Would be great to see the future version now.

Future version of VW Golf. Almost every game, where cars play big role, has some car similar to Golf. Would be great to see the future version now.
Same here, I'm really looking forward to see something this. Especially small or budget cars for the Entropism style. I used to drive a car on this pic below and that would give me a great chuckle to have anything like that in the game, actually, even the same care we see on that Entropism poster.
52cd7700fadea4d38671142b3c145982.png
cyberpunk-entropism.jpg

I've already posted this in the "Your ideas" thread about a year ago, but allow me to repeat myself here.

...I want a bubble-top hot-rod. Just one would be enough. Those bubble-tops - they just scream retro-future, and I think it would be just the correct retro-statement in a world of Cyberpunk.

Also, did you know Goodyear once had the tires that could glow back in the 50's? Here's an article:
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wgpybr9/

Add them and some neon underglow to the Bubble Ray above - and you have a Corvette muscle that is ready to go into the world of Cyberpunk.

CCC-jim-street-golden-sahara-a-01.jpg

ZOKQ4Qd.jpg

Another idea - upper half of the Little Menace right here is painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, so it looks like white under the sunlight and glows green at night.

1423606101668.jpg

0N0A0820.jpg

There are just so many of them, from Beatnik Bandit to Beatnik Bubbletop, and every single one packs a plethora of ideas that can be used. I hope to see just one of them and go through the world of cyberpunk side by side with a beautiful hot-rod.

Albeit, let me expand original post a bit. Here are some pictures of cool and iconic bubbles:

Darryl Starbird's infamous Predicta. The car lives to our age, but in a bit different form, whil I find the very first design to be so much cooler. It had front bumper made out of 16 Cadillac tail-lamps - they were non-functional but looked very damn cool and unconventional. Besides, the game can make them functional, right?

And here's the mentioned Beatnik Bubbletop, which just screams future classic.
896ce904226ad05b5e7abc8d44d4532396dbe698.jpg

cd964dfb2a614296d44e1724ba1a45d1f6f042c2.jpg

X-Sonic was the freakin' cool beast, one fo the first lowriders which didn't survive to our age. It had well-hidden headlights and an amazing interior, which had no steering wheel because the car should've been controlled from the console located between the seats.

And this is only the top of the iceberg. There are a lot of less-known, but still very cool bubble-tops.

I saw people mention Syd Mead, so let me mention Ed Newton, who had designed an awesome Hot Wheels Lowboyz 3-car set. Each Lowboy is a classic car - a Tucker, Chrysler and Mercury - redesigned for the future as Triclopz, Rareflow and Mercohaulic. This page shows the designs quite extensively: https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/Ed_Newton's_Lowboyz_3-Car_Set

Last edited:
I got a few more suggestions if anyone wants to read them

1986 Pontiac Trans Am (Quadra Phoenix)
1585428812568.png

"A modern muscle car inspired by the 1980s, the Quadra Phoenix is one of the fastest cars in the quarter mile drag compared to other cars of similar prices and is one of Quadra's best sellers."

2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept (Maggio Chacal)
1585429078294.png

"The Maggio Chacal is a sports car designed after one of Maggio's most famous vehicles. Don't be fooled by it's ancient looks though, the Chacal has some of the most modern tech packed into a cheap sports car that can even rival some of the high-end limos CEOs ride in."

2014 BMW I8 (Mächtig Ion)
1585429239109.png

"The Ion is a fully electric sports car designed to put a smile on the driver's face while being as quiet as a church mouse. Just make sure not to crash it, because it will catch fire if one of it's many batteries gets damaged."

2019 Harley Davidson Breakout (Hydra Motors Tigerclaw)
1585429499147.png

"This very large, very powerful bike is popular with nomad outriders regardless of its high price. Its performance seems to pay for itself. "

Custom Long Fork Chopper (Hydra Motors Road Knight Custom)
1585430408957.png

1971/2016 Dodge Challenger Shakedown (Cadence Switchblade Retro)
1585430766334.png

"Classic looks with modern tech, the Cadence Switchblade Retro is a car that your great, great Grandpa will approve of."

Btw I hope you're all doing alright in this infected world, stay safe out there!

Last edited:
I feel like West World has had some really interesting car concepts in their show this year. Very much utility over style though.

1585577770139.png

Top Bottom